Screenshots - Page 147

Thread: Screenshots

Wow! John, your paint is exquisite.

I took mine up to Leadville where it was hot and the thing was struggling hehe...

Untitled-6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-8 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I really like that first screenshot, Ryan! For a moment I thought you were posting a photo of the real thing (I love the position of the camera). Carenado makes some incredibly impressive textures and models! I've been hooked on flying it now, especially since watching some videos on Youtube on flying the real thing, and in doing so finding out that the flight model is really spot on.

Dale, I love those formation shots! I haven't done multiplayer flying in many years, but I miss the fun of the challenge of flying close formation (in FSX, it was fun to do so using the addon Recorder module as well).

That really is one of the best bare metal paints I've ever seen. Just the right amount of dents and bumps - perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    That really is one of the best bare metal paints I've ever seen. Just the right amount of dents and bumps - perfect.
    DITTO! (sorry for the caps)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

All of which is of course purely to Carenado's credit. With the metal, to better match the polished finish on the real aircraft, I just tweaked the green channels of the complete maps to add a bit more polish to the aluminum, without taking it too far (just removing some of the "oxidation" ), and I adjusted the green and blue channels of the complete maps as well as adjusted the albedo texture values for the silver-painted sections, so that they would have the proper look to them for the silver paint used on this particular aircraft.

BTW, for anyone who is doing repaints for this model, I've noticed that a lot of the repaints released thus-far have the exterior model tied to the base "Model" folder. Unfortunately, however, that seems to be a lower-LOD model, and there are visual/shading issues with items such as the ailerons and rudders, I've noticed. For my repaint, I tied the exterior model to the "Model.05" folder, and edited the "LIV" texture with a black alpha channel to erase the livery decals for that particular model.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Dale, I love those formation shots! I haven't done multiplayer flying in many years, but I miss the fun of the challenge of flying close formation (in FSX, it was fun to do so using the addon Recorder module as well).
    This was not in multiplayer, only me using JoinFS, it has an FSRecorder type function...not as good in my opinion but still pretty good.
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    @ Dave: looks like you've mastered the glass problem ! Absolutely wonderful ! Thanks a lot, Sir !!
    Yes, thanks to John (Bomber 12th) for the hint on that.

A

BTW, for anyone who is doing repaints for this model, I've noticed that a lot of the repaints released thus-far have the exterior model tied to the base "Model" folder. Unfortunately, however, that seems to be a lower-LOD model, and there are visual/shading issues with items such as the ailerons and rudders, I've noticed. For my repaint, I tied the exterior model to the "Model.05" folder, and edited the "LIV" texture with a black alpha channel to erase the livery decals for that particular model.
    Thank´s,
    that fix my repaint i do for me!

cheers Ralf

my repaint i do for me!

cheers Ralf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

I really like that first screenshot, Ryan! For a moment I thought you were posting a photo of the real thing (I love the position of the camera). Carenado makes some incredibly impressive textures and models! I've been hooked on flying it now, especially since watching some videos on Youtube on flying the real thing, and in doing so finding out that the flight model is really spot on.

Only by careful study of the pilot of the C-45 can the truth be discerned. Brilliant shots and repaint. Thanks.

Rob has kindly let me have a fly of his Cougar and it is a beauty to fly and look at. So some quick shots.

Please contact Rob if you want any further info.

Very nice, looking forward to painting it
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The Cougar was always one of my favorites. Nice work Rob, thanks for the pics Noddy.

Thank you Dale for the tip about "JoinFS"! I wasn't aware of that and will definitely have to check it out.

Forest, I love the comparison between the Lockheed Model 10, Boeing 247 and Beech Model 18 - pretty cool that we have the opportunity to fly all three of those types in MSFS. What I would really love now is a really well done, visually accurate, Lockheed Model 12 - no better looking airplane, in my opinion, and the pinnacle aircraft for many a classic aeroplane collector.

Here are some shots from some more Beech 18 adventures over the past couple days (Leeward Air Ranch FL, Scottsdale AZ, and Flying M Ranch TX).

Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 26th, 2022 at 19:37.

John, that's interesting you mentioned the L-12. I was remembering the one at my father's airport back in the 70's, when I was up there logging a few flight hours in with him. The pics below are from his airport and flight school at Sky Bryce Airport (VG18) in Virginia. The Lockheed L-12 was one of the permanently based aircraft at the airport and belonged to the owner of the ski resort. His son owned the Luscombe you can see parked near the L-12 in a couple of the shots. They both sport the same blue & white paint scheme with the Sky Bryce blue pinecone emblem on the tails. There are a couple of good pics of this L-12 on airliners.net under "Basye".

The Cessna 182 and the two Cessna 150's were part of my father's fleet. An interesting note on N50009 in the middle. Dad wanted a basic trainer for IFR flight instruction, so he ordered that one from Cessna specially equipped. According to my father, and me forgetting which of the magazines, Pilot or Flying sent a writer along to do an article on it. It was the first Cessna 150 factory built for IFR flight. I never picked up any flight hours in it, but i do have a few in the other two.

Forest

All of which is of course purely to Carenado's credit. With the metal, to better match the polished finish on the real aircraft, I just tweaked the green channels of the complete maps to add a bit more polish to the aluminum, without taking it too far (just removing some of the "oxidation" ), and I adjusted the green and blue channels of the complete maps as well as adjusted the albedo texture values for the silver-painted sections, so that they would have the proper look to them for the silver paint used on this particular aircraft.
    Well, you've got the level of reflection perfect - obviously polished aluminium, but not that glassy chrome-plated effect that is often seen. It really is spot on. Is there any chance of an unmarked version, for the less skilled amongst us ( me ) to add our own markings ?

Thank you, Forest, for sharing those photos information from your family's history in aviation! I've really grown fond of those civilian/executive paint schemes of the 60's and 70's. It's funny that we should be talking about the Lockheed 12 now, as I just discovered through Facebook this morning that today marks the 86th "birthday" of the aircraft, with the first example having flown for the first time on this day in 1936.

PaulK, I plan on releasing a set of repaints that, when installed, will update all of the stock Beech 18 bare metal liveries so that they will all have the same polished metal with silver-painted fabric surfaces appearance as in my repaint of N12718, as well as a re-color or two. I should actually have that made and released by tomorrow or Wednesday. Once I have that done I'll send you the uncompressed files of the base textures. I'm currently getting close to completing a repaint of C-45H N9550Z (another personal favorite).

Zsolt, I just saw that repaint of yours over on Flightsim.to and downloaded it immediately. The Hunter really looks stunning in that color scheme.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 27th, 2022 at 12:28.

Members who have read this thread: 356