Screenshots - Page 124

Thread: Screenshots

Cat bu
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thanks AK ! Alas did not get it sorted all together. I still get a CTD when i leave the scene to get to the main menu. Uninstalled all of Bijan's stuff, including the installer (which i never did get to work)but still getting the CTD's. Bummer because i really love what this guy is doing. I do have 'Seafront Vessels' installed as well. I'll remove those and reinstall Bijan's and see what'll happen.
    Not sure where the screenshot is from. Bijan uses a lot of models from base sim and World Updates, so all the rocks kind of look the same.

Regarding your crashes though, do you maybe have some older scenery that has not been updated in a while? If you do, it might be worth running a scan with ModelLibChanger. You can download it here: https://flightsim.to/file/5972/modellibchanger

Basically, it will rename any files called "modellib.bgl" to something unique like "cytzmodels.bgl", eliminating conflicts and crashes related to that file in third party scenery.

Just run the file (it does not need to be installed, just extracted), point it to your Community folder and and select "Read". Ignore anything that says "Rebuild (file count difference)", you want to highlight any entry that says it contains a modellib.bgl file and then select Rename at the bottom right. It will automatically rename offending entries, potentially solving conflicts and crashes related to the bgl files.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Not sure where the screenshot is from. Bijan uses a lot of models from base sim and World Updates, so all the rocks kind of look the same.

Regarding your crashes though, do you maybe have some older scenery that has not been updated in a while? If you do, it might be worth running a scan with ModelLibChanger. You can download it here: https://flightsim.to/file/5972/modellibchanger

Basically, it will rename any files called "modellib.bgl" to something unique like "cytzmodels.bgl", eliminating conflicts and crashes related to that file in third party scenery.

Just run the file (it does not need to be installed, just extracted), point it to your Community folder and and select "Read". Ignore anything that says "Rebuild (file count difference)", you want to highlight any entry that says it contains a modellib.bgl file and then select Rename at the bottom right. It will automatically rename offending entries, potentially solving conflicts and crashes related to the bgl files.
    Thanks, ak416, that's quite interesting !

Actually i have almost no add-on scenery stuff in my current Community folder ( try to keep it clean as possible, i have a 'MyCommunity' folder that holds everything i ever downloaded and only move something to the real community folder depending where or what i want to fly atm ). Did a search and only one 'modellib.bgl' turned up. Belongs to Skydesigners NAS Midway (just saw this relatively new Midway movie..;-). I could remove it of course but like to try Modellibchanger and see what happens.

Thanks again for the tip !

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Cat bu
    To be exact, it's Cát Bà, right ?...

Thanks!

Approaching Kodiak - in the Kodiak!

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Pre-season training over Duxford

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (496).png 
Views:	267 
Size:	4.33 MB 
ID:	86343

Stuck in Davy Jones' Locker...

Untitled-11 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Departing St. Louis for a shot hop towards Kansas City.

i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Great panorama @dvj, where is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Great panorama @dvj, where is that?
    It is Wadi rum, southern Jordan.

Sorry, here are some more. Kansas City to Aspen. Planned to come in with the Glideslope to Runway 15, but with the wind pretty much coming from that end, ATC wanted me to do a visual approach to the 33. Came in pretty much right over the mountain you can see in the second to last shot. Flaps full out, gear down to maintain speed, had to cut engines to idle before dropping and still accelerated to over 150mp/h. Might have been slightly uncomfortable for the pax in the back. Afterwards I found out I maybe should have done a circling approach for the visual as well. Would be very narrow for something as big as the DC-6, though. I guess taking the plane there might not have been as realistic as I thought it'd be. Plenty fun, though.

Those are beautiful Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Those are beautiful Bob.
    Thanks mate, beautiful aircraft, such detail!

An old one I found in my files. Captured on line during testing of the Corsair with Osh.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7D44C2E0-2C1A-4075-BF31-E270D9A37D46.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	86359

Love the shot of my fellow Greensboro native son!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Great shot
    Cheers brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Sorry, here are some more. Kansas City to Aspen. Planned to come in with the Glideslope to Runway 15, but with the wind pretty much coming from that end, ATC wanted me to do a visual approach to the 33. Came in pretty much right over the mountain you can see in the second to last shot. Flaps full out, gear down to maintain speed, had to cut engines to idle before dropping and still accelerated to over 150mp/h. Might have been slightly uncomfortable for the pax in the back. Afterwards I found out I maybe should have done a circling approach for the visual as well. Would be very narrow for something as big as the DC-6, though. I guess taking the plane there might not have been as realistic as I thought it'd be. Plenty fun, though.

Hi Mr. Muguel,
    I have followed your flights with the DC-6 with interest.
    Is the Western texture used in the last serie available somewhere?
    I have never seen it before.
    Richard

Members who have read this thread: 288