Screenshots - Page 178

Thread: Screenshots

Took out Tabitha May from Tahiti Faa'a to Bora Bora after downloading some very nice sceneries from flightsim.to. Smooth flight except for Nr.1 engine dying when switching tanks. Had some issues to get it to fire again and lost quite some altitude before I managed to get it going again.

i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Absolutly beautiful .

Love the brass radiator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 18-51-41 Microsoft Flight Simulator Curtiss Jenny N2975 14.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	89368

Thank you, DVJ and Shotgunshack, for the compliments on the Jenny repaint!

I've just got this one uploaded to Flightsim.to as well, which happens to depict another Ken Hyde (The Wright Experience) Curtiss Jenny restoration.

This Jenny was one of 585 built under license by Springfield Aircraft Corporation in Springfield, Massachusetts. It was produced as ship number 386 from the Springfield factory and assigned the U.S. Army Signal Corps serial number 5361. I unfortunately don't know much about the aircraft's history, but the remains of the airframe eventually came to be acquired by renowned classic and antique aircraft restorer, Ken Hyde, in the 1970s. By 2015, the project was sold to Rick Mantei of Lexington, South Carolina, who contracted with Ken Hyde and his company, The Wright Experience, located in Warrenton, Virginia, to restore the aircraft to airworthy and authentic 1918 condition. The decision was made to restore the aircraft to be a copy of the incredibly well-preserved Springfield-manufactured Curtiss JN-4D Jenny s/n 4983 displayed at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. Thus, it was painted in the same 1918 squadron colors of the 46th Aero Squadron, based at Roosevelt Field, New York. The aircraft's first test flight occurred on December 3, 2016, with Andrew King at the controls. According to those involved with the restoration, it was likely the first flight the Jenny had made in 98 years.

Great story, great repaint, great shots ! Thanks, John !

Wonderful model, love it !

Pity about the pilot, huh... He should've atleast flipped his cap the wrong way around.. and wear goggles.. and loose the cans... and wear a scarf... https://youtu.be/FJkHzE1jJf0
    Last edited by Javis; December 31st, 2022 at 08:28.

Been reading the fascinating history of Reeve Aleutian Airways, and was excited to see this DC-3 repaint this morning! There's also a DC-6, so now I'm just hoping someone completes the trifecta of currently available planes and does one for the BR or IniBuilds Goose!

Northward via the Windward & Leeward Islands....

Forest

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Been reading the fascinating history of Reeve Aleutian Airways, and was excited to see this DC-3 repaint this morning! There's also a DC-6, so now I'm just hoping someone completes the trifecta of currently available planes and does one for the BR or IniBuilds Goose!

Nice shots.

Rhine Cruise

That is beautiful Dave!!!

Happy New Year all!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Here is another Jenny repaint I've just uploaded to Flightsim.to, depicting the JN-4D owned by Kermit Weeks (Fantasy of Flight).

This aircraft was one of 585 Curtiss Jenny trainers built under license by Springfield Aircraft Corporation in Springfield, Massachusetts. Manufactured in 1918, it was given the U.S. Army Signal Corps serial number 5360. In the 1960s it was fully restored by Dan Neuman of Minneapolis, Minnesota, keeping upwards of 95% original parts, and it was flown regularly, registered as N2404 (same registration remains today). By the 1980s, the aircraft was loaned to the EAA Museum at Oshkosh, but was soon sold to Kermit Weeks in 1989. Relocated to the Weeks Air Museum at the Tamiami Airport in Florida, the Jenny was one of many vintage types owned by Weeks which were substantially damaged as a result of Hurricane Andrew in 1992, when the hangar the aircraft were housed in collapsed. Steadily over time, and with the move to Weeks' Fantasy of Flight attraction in Polk City, Florida, a number of those aircraft have been restored back to airworthy again. The Curtiss Jenny is one such project which is still ongoing at this time. Now fully covered and painted, the Jenny has been returned to the same paint scheme it had worn prior to being damaged, that of an early 27th Aero Squadron example that was stationed at Kelly Field, Texas. Matching the restoration, the white tires come from a time in the early 20th century when they were still made using pure natural rubber, mixed with chemicals such as zinc oxide (both white). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMoRiOMk7s

Last edited by Bomber_12th; January 1st, 2023 at 13:21.

I love seeing that two-seat Hunter, Dave! It is looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post

Is this about to be released Dave? Always had a soft spot for two seat variants of fighter jets, especially the T7 Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    Is this about to be released Dave? Always had a soft spot for two seat variants of fighter jets, especially the T7 Hunter.
    Not just yet, probably mid to late February, but no guarantees.

white2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

white4 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

p40mouth2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

p40mouth3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

p40mouth1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Out of the Caribbean, across the Bahamas, and back to Florida.

Dominican Republic - MDPP

Nassau, Bahamas - MYNN

Cat Cay, Bahamas - MYCC

CVN78, Off Key West

Forest

Updated versions of my repaints of the Curtiss Jennies N2975 and N3037 are now available. The main change with both is I've made some slight tweaking to the tone and hue of the yellow-orange varnish for greater accuracy.

Both of these original Jennies, powered by OX-5 engines, were restored by Ken Hyde, who also owns the company The Wright Experience, located at the private grass airfield called "The Meadows" in Warrenton, Virginia (which can actually be found stock in MSFS). Snurdley reminded me about this old National Geographic documentary called "Treasures From the Past" that was filmed back in 1986, which features N2975, just as it was completed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PMz0FWfJ40

There is a great article on Ken Hyde and his restoration of N2975 available to read here: https://eaavintage.org/wp-content/up...o-Jennies1.pdf

The article also provides a little insight into what it is like to fly an original Curtiss Jenny. Additionally, Andrew King, who has flown five different Jennies, states the following: "I tell people that a Jenny flies like a Stearman at half throttle with only one aileron connected and the stick stuck in a bucket of molasses. It's pretty stable, doesn't tend to deviate much from straight and level, though if it does it won't come back on its own, you have to bring it back. In more than a shallow turn it wants to keep banking and you have to hold opposite aileron to keep it from banking steeper. Lots of drag, and not a lot of power, so you have to be careful to not get slow in a turn, or try to climb too steep, let the wings fly the airplane, not the engine. The Hispano Suiza powered ones are obviously much better performers and less of a worry about getting slow."

For the MSFS model I use the "JN-4 Jenny Realism Mod" flight dynamics addon available at Flightsim.to, which seems to be quite accurate. I've also gone into the Aircraft.cfg file and deleted the two exhaust heat effects.

Here are a couple videos of N3037, which made its first post-restoration test flight in December 2016:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACDXTdut2mM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8UPsIDRUzQ

gem(0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

gem(0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

gem(0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

cias (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

cias (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    This is my only quibble with MSFS grass. Even on turf runways, the grass is usually in dire need of a good lawnmower.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

this better?
    61B (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

T95 (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

T95 (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

T95 (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Members who have read this thread: 355