Screenshots - Page 161

Thread: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    Attachment 88448

Nellis AFB - Red Air launch

Does Ai work?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Impressive shots there guys
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Does Ai work?
    This was done using Flight Recorder

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (661).jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	88465

65th AGRS F-35A Lightning II Aggressors

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    F18 pic
    You're back! I remember your amazing screenshots from previous sims!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Something a little different.
    Love them all especially the one with the carrier group
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    You're back! I remember your amazing screenshots from previous sims!
    Not really... Once in a while I try to fly a bit, but I've discovered something no other game (Or a real aircraft for that matter.) has given me before: motion sickness!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

JX860-09 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

JX860-06 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

JX860-05 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

JX860-01 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

A follow-up to my repaint of "Moonbeam McSwine", here is another addition to Flightsim.to, for the Asobo/Microsoft P-51D Mustang. This repaint depicts the restored P-51D "Tall-In-The-Saddle" (G-SIJJ) owned and operated by Peter Teichman/Hangar 11 Collection in the UK. Lots of details, specific to the real aircraft, inside and out, including another completely new and full compliment of stenciling all around the aircraft (specific to this restoration). More screenshots here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/194034007@N07/

that looks stunning!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

As she is based only 30 minutes from my home a perfect choice of subject and beautifully executed John !

Tall in the Saddle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_E1490.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	346.8 KB 
ID:	88484

John

In October 2016 Peter Tiechman hosted Lt Col George Hardy, a retired Tuskegee aviator, who had actually flown Pete's P-51D during WW2.

I took this picture at Old Warden on the day when Pete brought Tall in the Saddle into the show there and Lt Col Hardy was there to see it!

hope this is of interest albeit in the wrong forum thread...

Thank you Jan Kees, and thank you Richard! As I wrote in the description for the repaint, there is a bit of controversy regarding the aircraft. It is in-fact not the original wartime "Tall-In-The-Saddle", although the owner presented it that way when it was painted several years back. The way the story unfolded was that for many years Peter Teichman thought that the aircraft may have flown with the Tuskegee Airmen. There were two reasons for this - one, it was known based on the partial records that Teichman and his guys had that it was sent to the Mediterranean Theatre of Operations in early 1945, and then was sent back to the US in October 1945. And the second piece of potential evidence they had was that they found red paint around the inside of the unrestored tail (not taking into consideration that the aircraft also had a long post-war military career and numerous civilian owners/paint schemes). They could never prove that it was assigned to the 332nd FG, but it seems the owner, Peter Teichman, really badly wanted it to be. So, when it came time to repaint the aircraft in 2015/2016, he found Lt. Col. George Hardy, one of the original Tuskegee Airmen, still alive and living in the US, and decided to paint the aircraft in the markings of the Mustang that Hardy flew (March-May, 1945). Unfortunately, both Teichman and a UK photographer/writer wrote about it having been discovered to be the original "Tall-In-The-Saddle", which was never true, with never any actual proof of the matter. Ultimately, a historian by the name of Jack Cook, in 2018, found wartime 15th Air Force records which documented that Peter Teichman's Mustang had actually been assigned to the 31st Fighter Group. That unit also used red on the tails, but with stripes (referred to as candy canes). One of the things I failed to mention in the description is that it is one of the very last P-51s still flying which has never been taken completely apart for restoration.

At the last Shuttleworth Airshow, I heard that Peter Teichman was telling folks that it was the last airshow he would be flying at, and he was planning on selling off his warbirds, it having been now 20 years since he originally started the Hangar 11 Collection.

I finally made the time to take this thing for a spin for the first time this afternoon. I have to say that the acceleration is quite optimistic, but otherwise it feels quite nice. The real aircraft is described as one of the most benign/easy-to-fly warbirds, with pilots saying they feel very safe whenever flying it. I haven't gotten a chance to really explore it yet, but the real Hellcat, when compared to its USAAF contemporary, the P-47, is described as being able to dive like a freight train, with all of its weight, just like the P-47 but, unlike the P-47, it remains very responsive at slower speeds and will do wing overs as slow as 80 kts, which the P-47 would not come close to. I noticed it tracks straight right down the runway, just like the real thing is described, and it is extremely easy to three-point, which once again is correct to the real thing. I am really glad that FlyingIron was able to simulate the Hellcat's vacuum/spring flap system too - just like on the real aircraft, the flap lever only goes up or down, and you can put the flaps down at any airspeed, as they will only deploy as the airspeed allows.

I am so glad you did this repaint, Jan Kees! I'm hoping that the real aircraft will be flying again next year. A one-time fixture at Duxford when owned by The Fighter Collection, it was sold to Rod Lewis and imported to the United States in 2012. Ever since then it has been undergoing a complete ground-up restoration at Ezell Aviation, but has been somewhat of a back-burner project. Lewis commented at Oshkosh this year that he believes he'll likely have it at Oshkosh next year, freshly-completed.

(BTW, I released updates for both of my Mustang repaints today - I had forgotten to address the gun barrels, so those are now properly textured, and I've also added some more details into "Moonbeam McSwine" that I introduced on "Tall-In-The-Saddle".)

Last edited by Bomber_12th; October 2nd, 2022 at 15:53.

Members who have read this thread: 355