Screenshots - Page 140

Thread: Screenshots

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Doing some flying around Santa Maria, California, the future home of Planes of Fame Air Museum.

Some flying out of Inyokern Airport, where Tom Cruise flew James Corden in this clip that aired earlier this past week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1iZtBM23bY

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Some flying out of Inyokern Airport, where Tom Cruise flew James Corden in this clip that aired earlier this past week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1iZtBM23bY

Funny ! Thanks, John !

Great respect for Tom Cruise ! One actor that lives up to one of his most known characters. May see him flying an F-14 for real some day too ??.... Wonder if he picked up flying because of his Top Gun movie role ?....

Btw, is that the AH P-51 in your screenshots ?..

Thanks!

Jan, it is the Asobo Mustang. For the most part, its got all of the right lines, contours and proportions, with cockpits made from laser scans of the real aircraft and an incredible sound package. The flight models are so-so.

Yeah, Tom Cruise began flying as a result of his experience in the first Top Gun, and he has become a very accomplished pilot. In addition to his private pilot ratings in various props and jets, he also has his commercial and helicopter ratings. He used to own and fly a Pitts Special for many years, back in the 90s, and he purchased his P-51 in 2001 which, after training with Matt Jackson, he soloed in 2006 and has been flying regularly ever since. He is known on a personal level by many in the aviation and warbird community as a very down-to-earth, personable individual and very professional when it comes to flying - he's done everything the right way, as they say. There was even a time, back around 2006, that Cruise, having become a member of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF), was going to be the sole financial sponsor in the restoration and eventual operation of the CAF's P-82 Twin Mustang, but that all of course fell apart when the USAF won its court case in reclaiming the aircraft from the CAF.

Cruise doing his own helicopter flying for the 2018 Mission: Impossible-Fallout movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um0aZKbpe1Y

He also reportedly did all of his own flying in the movie,"American Made."

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    @RichardLouis: looking at your screenshots makes me proud to be Belgian!

Priller
    Thanks Priller.
    Another WIP in Belgian colors that is close to my heart and that I hope to see through.
    Richard

I like your work-in-progress shot, Richard, seeing those blue/red/green guide lines (reminds me of my own work/process).

Here is another series of screenshots from this weekend, this time taken over Rome. These new photogrammetry cities contained with the World Update IX addon are on a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Thanks Priller.
    Another WIP in Belgian colors that is close to my heart and that I hope to see through.
    Richard
    WOW! FX-52! The words "In Sanguine Vinum" and " NATO Tigers, hard to be humble" come to mind!

I do hope you finish and upload that one RL!!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2023
    Drachenberg Castle

Beautiful shots, lovely Rome!

Quote Originally Posted by cortomalteseit View Post
    Beautiful shots, lovely Rome!
    Thank you! I really hope to visit one day.

Doug, that repaint of the VWoC Mustang is looking fantastic! It will go great together with your repaint of the VWoC Spitfire.

Some screenshots taken flying from and around some very top secret test sites out in the Nevada desert.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Jan, it is the Asobo Mustang. For the most part, its got all of the right lines, contours and proportions, with cockpits made from laser scans of the real aircraft and an incredible sound package. The flight models are so-so.
    Aha ! (i mean so not really in this case ;-) I thought the pilot figure stands out quite nice in your screenies. I do have it but no time yet to examine. After installing the new Italian stuff today (Rome does look pretty bellissima indeed!) i get nothing but CTD. No problema been there done that got the T-shirt.

Yeah, Tom Cruise began flying as a result of his experience in the first Top Gun, and he has become a very accomplished pilot. In addition to his private pilot ratings in various props and jets, he also has his commercial and helicopter ratings. He used to own and fly a Pitts Special for many years, back in the 90s, and he purchased his P-51 in 2001 which, after training with Matt Jackson, he soloed in 2006 and has been flying regularly ever since. He is known on a personal level by many in the aviation and warbird community as a very down-to-earth, personable individual and very professional when it comes to flying - he's done everything the right way, as they say. There was even a time, back around 2006, that Cruise, having become a member of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF), was going to be the sole financial sponsor in the restoration and eventual operation of the CAF's P-82 Twin Mustang, but that all of course fell apart when the USAF won its court case in reclaiming the aircraft from the CAF.

Cruise doing his own helicopter flying for the 2018 Mission: Impossible-Fallout movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um0aZKbpe1Y
    Wow! A real Top Gun this guy !

Natural of course nontheless, being around F-14's all the time it would be a mission impossible *not* to fall in love with flying, wouldn't it. (wonder if Anthony Edwards and Val Kilmer got their PPL's too afterwards..;-) Never saw any of the Mission Impossible movies but i do love the court scene in 'A few good men' with the majestic Jack Nicholson. IIRC he (Tom Cruise) scored nr.1 position at the Top Gear "Star in a reasonably priced car" speed contest. I believe he was the only contestant that managed to round the last corner on two wheels ! https://youtu.be/9HCyvFCIgF4?t=318

Some great helicopter flying ! Loooong time ago i saw a movie called 'Deadly Encounter' with Larry Hagman as helicopter pilot. It's about one and a half hour of great helicopter stunt flying footage. Took me a lot of effort to grab hold of a DVD of this movie but finally got it a few years ago(the story is a bit shallow but the flying is great! ). Also love 'Blue Thunder' (catch you later!) and the scary OH-6 twins ongoing hunt for Brubaker in 'Capricorn One'. Great movie, nothing wrong with O.J. Simpson then...

Texture Tweak

I decided to re-brand the cargo boxes in my Kodiak...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator 5_31_2022 1_43_40 PM.png  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Very pleased with this one. Not quite ready yet. Having a go at my own prop blur. What do you think?

CF-VPM 11 by Doug Smith, on Flickr

CF-VPM 10 by Doug Smith, on Flickr

@Fnerg: that prop blur is brilliant!
    @PaulK: so is that shot!

I hope that the "infiltration" shot for my hernia that I'm getting this Friday will work so that I can get back to some flying myself!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 348