Screenshots - Page 138

Thread: Screenshots

Wow! Stunning shots John, what kind of DSLR do you use? (hehe)

RCAF 424 Sqn BA-S for MSFS ( Hannu's Stang) by Doug Smith, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Hello John,

Beautiful pictures as always
    Is this a new Spit update? How did you get remove of the pilot?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

"A boy went back Napoli, because he missed the scenery..."

At the base of Vesuvius, the Herculaneum archaeological site:

The Pompeii archaeological site, contained within the greatly-expanded Italian photogrammetry coverage of the World Update IX addon.

Blog Entries
    I never realized the site was so extensive. Thanks for posting the images.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

It really is a massive site! Having participated in a few archaeological digs, it is incredible to imagine the amount of work that has gone into excavating such a large site, since its discovery in the late 1500s. It is really neat to be able to see sites like Pompeii and Herculaneum in photogrammetric detail.

On another note, here are some more screenshots recently taken of the FlyingIron Spitfire with the latest update released a few weeks ago. With it there is of course now the option, via the tablet in the cockpit, to use either FlyingIron's period-dressed pilot figure or a MSFS pilot. From the miscellaneous options within MSFS, you can now select a modern fighter pilot figure, which matches well with the same type flight gear that many pilots flying warbirds today use. Since I prefer to only fly representations of current/restored warbirds in MSFS, using the modern MSFS pilot seems to be a good match with the modern/restored repaints.

It doesn't necessarily work every time, but I found a process where I can "remove" the pilot figure for screenshots. I do this by starting in the cockpit view and then activating "slew mode". In slew mode I move the aircraft into the position I want, then exit slew mode, which brings me back to the cockpit view. While still in cockpit view I press Pause and then I go into the drone camera mode, at which point usually the pilot model will not be present until you "un-pause" or move the camera too far from the aircraft. I haven't tested it out to see if it works with the FlyingIron pilot figure.

SOH-CM-2023

Isola Bella

SOH-CM-2023

Isola Bella

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Sloooowly getting back into Fs, flying about a bit and taking a few screenshots..:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Sloooowly getting back into Fs, flying about a bit and taking a few screenshots..:

Pics

Pics
    Ooooh - I can't wait to see your photos. You've had some of the best in previous sims. If you're brand new don't miss the biggest upload/file site for the new sim: flightsim.to - I also highly recommend anything from Working Title (including the G1000 Nxi free mod in the Marketplace in sim): https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/

There's a lot of addons now - plenty of scenery from our previous beloved designers. Don't miss the Fenix A320, PMDG 737-700, Milviz C310 (similar to A2A Accusim), FSW C414, SWS Kodiak, Just Flight Arrows!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Tjig - tncm

Did another bat juice run this afternoon - San Juan to Princess Julianna. The owner of The Sunset Bar and Grill on Maho is a buddy of mine. I flew out of TJIG to avoid the higher cost of the big international airport. Initial weather was low clouds and showers, but cruising at 12,000' got me above that soon enough. The weather cleared nicely after a bit, giving some nice ocean views. I picked 12,000' because it's high enough to save fuel, but not so high that my copilot and I have to use O2. Of course, part of my fee is dinner for two and free drinks for me for the evening. (My copilot always drinks free anyway - wink, wink, nudge, nudge.)

Leaving Dominicci (TJIG)

Passing Cyril King

Finally leaving the weather behind

Dropping into TNCM with Saba off in the distance

Just about dead on - AOA centered in the crosshairs

Just called my buddy and he said the truck's on its way.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Ooooh - I can't wait to see your photos. You've had some of the best in previous sims. If you're brand new don't miss the biggest upload/file site for the new sim: flightsim.to - I also highly recommend anything from Working Title (including the G1000 Nxi free mod in the Marketplace in sim): https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/

There's a lot of addons now - plenty of scenery from our previous beloved designers. Don't miss the Fenix A320, PMDG 737-700, Milviz C310 (similar to A2A Accusim), FSW C414, SWS Kodiak, Just Flight Arrows!
    Thanks for the compliments. I had Fs2020 on pre-order, and even bought an SSD for it, but after the first impressions I was heavily disappointed and somewhat 'burned out' on flightsims (As well as having a major burn out in my personal life..). I do have Fs2020 and P3D still installed but hardly fly them anymore. I recently tried Fs2020 again, and I'm beginning to see the fun in flightsimming again, but still in minor portions. I did get the Reno pack yesterday as the default aircraft couldn't really interest me for the most, but that's about as much as I'm willing to spend on Fs2020 for now (Well, maybe get the Fokker F.VII...)
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

What program are you all using to get these great screenshots? Mine turn out OK, but NOTHING as detailed as these.Thanks for any help!

Don BP

I second this inquiry. I also would like to know what tools, software are used to enhance the sim to gain these beautiful results.

KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    What program are you all using to get these great screenshots? Mine turn out OK, but NOTHING as detailed as these.Thanks for any help!

Don BP

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post

Don BP

I'm pretty sure Bomber sold his soul to some kind of deity in order to take those screenshots
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

My guess is that he's using a 4K display with all settings close to or at max. That kind of detail condensed to a 1920x1080 image would look much more detailed than a native 1080 screengrab. I wouldn't rule out some post-production work either.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

I run my PC and MSFS with a resolution of 2688 x 1512 (70% 4K). I take the screenshots using the Xbox Game Bar key command, which saves them as .PNG files. The only thing I do other than taking the screenshots is I re-save them as .JPEG files before uploading them to Flickr. I don't do any post-processing to my screenshots - if the sim isn't looking particularly photogenic while I'm using it, I just don't bother taking/sharing screenshots from those sessions.

Here are a few screenshots from some more Italian exploration - with the World Update IX scenery addon installed, there is an amazing amount of photogrammetry when flying from Venice to Padua, and all of the small villages in-between, as well as nearby Cittadella (though it is unfortunately not attached to the Venice/Padua photogrammetry).

Members who have read this thread: 354