My old model native conversions.. Issues

Thread: My old model native conversions.. Issues

SOH-CM-2023

My old model native conversions.. Issues

Sorry folks. A few of my latest uploads have had issues. Mostly because I was rushed and didn't double check the models in FS. Due to environmental issues, my ancient PC doesn't like heat when running FS so I can only run the sim in the early morning or late evening. I will get some mods for the Float Norseman and PC-12's out as soon as I can double check all the models in sim.

Again I apologize.

Brian
    You can't take the sky from me...

your models are great, don’t blame yourself, if you want help converting I can help, I’ve already converted many to V4
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Icon14

Speaking for myself, thanks for all the hard work and don't sweat a few glitches. Nobody has enough time or different sim versions installed to catch every bug. I appreciate the wonderful planes and don't mind doing a little beta testing or tweaking.

August

RE: your PC issues. It could be that your CPU cooler is not doing it's job. As you say it's an ancient PC, check the heatsink under the cooler fan. It may be clogged with dust. I have had this problem many times due to where I live. Sometimes a quick few pulses with a can of compressed air solves the problem. At other times I have had to remove the fan and heatsink to clean it. When putting it back together don't forget to use a quality heatsink paste like Arctic Silver or equivalent.

Another cause I have often seen is the failure of the fan on the video card. Check that also.
    Last edited by aeronca1; August 16th, 2020 at 05:39. Reason: spelling, again, lol
    Matt

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    RE: your PC issues. It could be that your CPU cooler is not doing it's job. As you say it's an ancient PC, check the heatsink under the cooler fan. It may be clogged with dust. I have had this problem many times due to where I live. Sometimes a quick few pulses with a can of compressed air solves the problem. At other times I have had to remove the fan and heatsink to clean it. When putting it back together don't forget to use a quality heatsink paste like Arctic Silver or equivalent.

Another cause I have often seen is the failure of the fan on the video card. Check that also.
    Not the video card as it's brand new. Probably the heat sink since the temperature gauge on the case is nowhere near the red. I also leave the case side open a bit to improve airflow.

SOH-CM-2023
    Repair kits for the PC-12 and Norseman on floats uploaded. As soon as the library is updated, they should show.

I messed up a few animations on the PC-12 and Norseman and forgot to assign the VC model to the Ambulance model.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post

Problem found. Apparently since the last time I had the PC open, both my case fans decided to take a permanent vacation. I now have a small desk fan blowing in to keep the heat down until I can get new case fans....

Brian, thanks for the fixes. Everything looks terrific!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Brian,
    After a long gap, I have now resurrected your Norseman float plane working perfectly in P3Dv4.5 off water runways as AI. Looks terrific!
    Thanksa again,
    expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Problem found. Apparently since the last time I had the PC open, both my case fans decided to take a permanent vacation. I now have a small desk fan blowing in to keep the heat down until I can get new case fans....
    Happy to see you have it sorted!
    Matt

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0