Akemi Mizoguchi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Akemi Mizoguchi

Akemi Mizoguchi

Also known as Hago-chu made very nice models. The external models have always been great, but his first models still had still quite simple virtual cockpits. But his later models had nicely detailed VCs as well.

I remember his web-site very well. When he posted early images of his next projects. And we were all wondering what it could become.

I have flown uncountable hours in his BF109s and FW190s, especially with the nice textures made by Chris Nölte (ChrisN). And although he made many very nice models, his Boomerang is still my personal favorite. I already have a soft spot for the aircraft, as it looks like it just took off from a comic book. But Akemi created a by far the best model of the aircraft for CFS2/FS2004 (at least in my opinion).
    Its one of the aircraft I keep flying and preferably with the textures made by Morton and the sounds I borrowed from the Aeroplane Heaven CFS2 model.

Cheers,
    Huub

I converted lots of his models to FSX and in my opinion he's one of the greatest designers from what I call the "CFS2/FS9" era.

hertzie

Members +
    Is the Boomerang for FS2004? & are there other Akemi Mizoguchi planes for us?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

They are CFS2 planes in the majority ; that also work in fs2004 (you'll need to add the various lines into the aircraft.cfg file for variation etc; and remove the cfs2 dp file)

You can find them here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=174

and here's the archiving thread

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...uction-salvage

ttfn

Pete

Robin,

When Akemi suddenly passed away in 2013, permission was asked to his daughter to upload Akemi's work here at the Sim-Outhouse. As his models were primarily done for CFS2, they can be found in the "CFS 2 - Akemi Legacy Add-Ons" section. ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=174 )

For several models there a fs2004 tweak was done. As these tweaks were often placed in the threads, most of them are very hard to find. But for the Boomerang there is one in the library done by OBIO ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=8&linkid=7743 )

The textures by Morton can be found here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=58&linkid=709
    and here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=58&linkid=708

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    I converted lots of his models to FSX and in my opinion he's one of the greatest designers from what I call the "CFS2/FS9" era.

hertzie

I agree. I also converted Akemi's models to FS9. Fantastic models.

Zwobbie, all the Akemi planes I converted for FS9/FSX are in the SimViation library. Put my name (erik hertzberger) in the search option and you'll find them all. And when there is a specific plane you want and it's not there, send me a pm and I'll see what I can do for you.

hertzie

Blog Entries

Please advise... Herzie

Zwobbie, all the Akemi planes I converted for FS9/FSX are in the SimViation library. Put my name (erik hertzberger) in the search option and you'll find them all. And when there is a specific plane you want and it's not there, send me a pm and I'll see what I can do for you.

hertzie
    I installed the He-100 D and it does not show as either a Heinkel...or unspecified...
    what did I do wrong?
    G.

Blog Entries

Please advise... Herzie

hertzie
    I installed Erwin Welker's He-100 D and it does not show as either a Heinkel...or unspecified...
    what did I do wrong?
    G.

Gaucho, I've no idea what you want from me. Maybe you can send me a pm and be more specific.

hertzie

G,

Although this has nothing to do with the models created by Akemi, nor with the conversions done by Hertzie, I think I know where you find the Heinkel. When you look into the aircraft configuration file you will see that you should be able to find the model under the manufacturer name "fighter". See below:

ui_manufacturer=Fighter
    ui_type=Heinkel He-100D
    ui_variation=Ungarn

Cheers,
    Huub

Erik (Herzie),

One small question for you:

Did you create alternative flight dynamics for you conversions, or did you use the original ones by Akemi? As some of his aircraft fly great, while some of his later ( and more detailed) models fly perfect in CFS2, but fly horrible in FS9.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    G,

Although this has nothing to do with the models created by Akemi, nor with the conversions done by Hertzie, I think I know where you find the Heinkel. When you look into the aircraft configuration file you will see that you should be able to find the model under the manufacturer name "fighter". See below:

ui_manufacturer=Fighter
    ui_type=Heinkel He-100D
    ui_variation=Ungarn

Cheers,
    Huub
    Then Erwin Welker has also put his own name in ui_manufacture=
    So, just open the aircraft.cfg & look what the ui_manufacturer= says. it might just say Erwin Welker's ... something or other, so the aircraft could be under that!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

To Huub: depended on how the plane flew in MY FSX Acceleration. I tried to keep as close as possible to Akemis models, only when the model flew absolutely horrible I made changes. Sometimes another air.-file helped a lot. Or trimming. Or I gave the engine(s) in the aircraft.cfg more power.

To Zwobbie: Erwin often uses as manufacturer something like "Welkers Ships and Planes".

hertzie

G,

The 3 lines in my previous post are copied from the aircraft configuration file from the He100 which is here in the library. So I'm sure it is under the manufacturer "fighter".

Erik (Herzie) that is interesting as there are a few aircraft which need an awful lot of runway before they want to take off. I never thought about increasing the engine power..... (I know it is cheating, but it is for a good cause!)

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries

Thanks a lot!

Now to understand it correctly... Should I change whatever Welker wrote on ui manufacturer= and put Heinkel there?
    G.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Now to understand it correctly... Should I change whatever Welker wrote on ui manufacturer= and put Heinkel there?
    G.
    You can do, it doesn't affect anything "ui" means "User Interface" ;

Ttfn

Pete

Blog Entries

One more question!

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    You can do, it doesn't affect anything "ui" means "User Interface" ;

Ttfn

Pete
    Thanks for all your advise... something vexing now.... It shows fine... the paint jobs are rather primitive... so I started to do a repaint and
    somehow, after much labor, got it to show on the sim, but the German version fuselage does not... so I made sure all the permissions were
    right (Windows 10 blocks files from another computer until you unblock them manually and set all permissions).. at any rate, I copied de
    fuselage from the Hungarian version, changed it with the German fuse texture (so as to be the same.. because it was dds ) Everything fine,
    except that the new texture (albeit changed by me) still shows the Hungarian one??????
    How can I solve this puzzle?
    Thanks in advance.

G.

I'm extremely interested in doing a new, detailed picture.

To keep this thread on track first a few images from another great model by Akemi. The Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate.

And the VC

After this post I will try to answer G's question.

Cheers,
    Huub

G,

It seems you have installed your FS9 in the "Program Files (x86)" folder. As Windows10 doesn't like messing around in program files, especially with 32-bits programs, you might be a victim of one of their safety systems.

Hidden somewhere is a "virtual store" in which Windows10 makes hidden backups which supersede what it in the FS9 folders. The default address ths "virtual store is:

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore ( make sure you enter the correct username and that you have also the hidden files shown).

Inside this VirtualStore you will find a folder called "Program Files (x86)" with a subfolder called Microsoft Games in which you will be able to find the FS9. This virtual store has the same structure as your normal default FS9 folder.

Look for the aircraft configuration file of the He100 and just delete it. You can also delete the complete FS9 folder inside the virtual store, with everything in it, as Windows10 will build a new one as soon as Windows10 thinks its necessary.

(Note you won't find all FS9 files in the virtual store, just the ones which caused a conflict with the Windows10 safety systems.)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries

Still the same...

I did eliminate the folder for FS9 in the virtual store... but the problem stays the same..
    the German version still has Hungarian fuselage and German wings!!!
    Please advise.... lol
    G.

Blog Entries

1/2 progress....

I managed to changed the right side of the fuse to German... but the left side persists in Hungarian version????
    Changed all permissions, blocks, etc. I don't know... but this is becoming a real pain in the butt...
    G.

Gaucho,
    I have tried a number of Welker's offerings lately, none of which I have found perform or display as "advertised" so, with your problem in mind and knowing how he cobbles stuff together to make them work in multiple sims, I thought I would have a look.
    Here is what I found:
    In the German texture folder delete the 2 files named "fuselagel" and "fuselageR"
    Rename the file named "fuselage-24 to "fuselagel"
    Rename the file named "fuselageR-24 to "fuselageR"
    Both the renamed texture files are in DXT2048 format so converted them to 32 bit 888 @1024.
    The German version showed up correctly!

Hope this helps
    Kind regards
    David

Blog Entries

Progress....

Got the fuselage problem solved... Now the wings having the same problem...
    Just changed the Left wing... to test... now the old (but very inexact) German wing persists...
    G.

Trying to get this thread back to the original subject again

The beautiful Kawasaki K-61 Hien (Tony) models are definitely among the best Akemi Mizoguchi has made. They are among the last models he made and they have a nice VC and there are quite some alternative textures available

Akemi made 3 versions: The early Ki-61-I-Ko with retractable tail wheel and armed with 2 light machine guns and 2 heavy machine guns

The Ki-61-I-Otsu with fixed tailwheel and 4 heavy machine guns

and the Ki-61-I-Hei with 2 Mauser cannons in the wings.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 3