Goals in a single mission.

Thread: Goals in a single mission.

Goals in a single mission.

I have noticed that after I have dropped bombs on the target, the waypoints don't change and still try and force me back to the target. Now I assume 'goals' are the only way to change that but I don't see in the mb or read in the CFS3 "Mission File Format Documentation" how to do that if the target is for instance an airfield. In fact the only thing I see in a single mission 'Goals' tab is the survival of the player.
    So How can I either add a target's goal or alternatively get the game to all me to fly to the next waypoint?

Of course one way is not to set a target in the mission and the player has to do the work by himself to bomb the correct place. That might work for the player's flight I suppose!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    I have noticed that after I have dropped bombs on the target, the waypoints don't change and still try and force me back to the target. Now I assume 'goals' are the only way to change that but I don't see in the mb or read in the CFS3 "Mission File Format Documentation" how to do that if the target is for instance an airfield. In fact the only thing I see in a single mission 'Goals' tab is the survival of the player.
    So How can I either add a target's goal or alternatively get the game to all me to fly to the next waypoint?

Of course one way is not to set a target in the mission and the player has to do the work by himself to bomb the correct place. That might work for the player's flight I suppose!
    Hi Mongoose, um as a non-prolific mission builder, I would guess that at the waypoint in question, there is more than one goal set up. If you drop bombs and achieve the requisite damage, and that is the only goal at the waypoint, then the direction to the next waypoint should pop up on the TAC. Or if you have accidentally put "must survive" on the goal, rather than the alternative, maybe that would give you what you are seeing?

V hard to answer the question without seeing some xml script.

My xml script doesn't even mention goals; nor do any other missions I have checked do far. IMO that is part of the problem as can't edit in the xml.

Back to this. Is there a way to target specific buildings in an airfield facility xml when making the missions? I know when actually flying the missions, one can of course and 'tab' ones for wingmen, but what about in the mb?

Members who have read this thread: 0