Wolfi TBF-1/TBM1c/TBM-3 USN 1942-1945 repaints by UT!

Thread: Wolfi TBF-1/TBM1c/TBM-3 USN 1942-1945 repaints by UT!

Icon22 Wolfi TBF-1/TBM1c/TBM-3 USN 1942-1945 repaints by UT!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: 1942 USN Skinpack for Wolfi's TBF-1 Avenger by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the TBF-1 Avenger made by Wolfi for CFS 2. It includes 2D panel bitmaps made WIN 7+ compatible (I just made them larger), as WIN 7+ O/S struggles with 1024 x 768 bitmaps. I've made some slight adjustments to the dp files for AI performance in combat & added kelti exhaust effects.

The textures are: TBF-1 (early model)

8-T-1 One of the detachment of VT-8 deployed to Midway Island, June 1942.
    Black "10" Aircraft of VT-3, flying from USS Enterprise, August 1942.
    White "64" Aircraft from VT8, flying from USS Saratoga, August 1942.
    White "16" Aircraft of VT-6, based on USS Hornet, October 1942.
    Black T-3 Aircraft from VT8, flying from USS Hornet, October 1942.
    White T-4 Aircraft of VT-10, flying from USS Enterprise, October 1942.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location. Move/copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install. To keep the filesize manageable I've not included any texture bitmaps that remain unchanged - to add them to each texture folder just select your original texture folder contents & copy them to each one in this pack, make sure to select "NOT TO OVERWRITE" any files with matching names. This will add all the other texture bitmaps you need so you can use the texture folder structure as is.

Thanks to: Wolfi for developing an excellent multi-LOD Avenger.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBF-1 USN 1942 skinpack UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Wolfi TBF-1 USN 1943/44 skinpack UT.zip

Description: 1943/44 USN Skinpack for Wolfi's TBF-1 Avenger by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the TBF-1 Avenger made by Wolfi for CFS 2. It includes 2D panel bitmaps made WIN 7+ compatible (I just made them larger), as WIN 7+ O/S struggles with 1024 x 768 bitmaps. I've made some slight adjustments to the dp files for AI performance in combat & added kelti exhaust effects.

The textures are: TBF-1 (early model)

T19 Aircraft of VT-9, flying from USS Essex, circa October 1943.
    5 Aircraft of VT-12, based on USS Saratoga, November 1943.
    C-3 Aircraft from VT-23, embarked USS Princeton, November 1943.
    C-5 Aircraft from VC-30, working up on USS Monterey, October 1943.
    2 Aircraft believed to be from VC-35, flying from USS Chenango, circa May 1944.
    J29 Aircraft believed to be from VC-66, flying from USS Nassau, circa January 1944.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location. Move/copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install. To keep the filesize manageable I've not included any texture bitmaps that remain unchanged - to add them to each texture folder just select your original texture folder contents & copy them to each one in this pack, make sure to select "NOT TO OVERWRITE" any files with matching names. This will add all the other texture bitmaps you need so you can use the texture folder structure as is.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt,

AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBF-1 USN 1943/44 skinpack UT.zip

Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (early) skinpack UT

Description: 1944 (early) USN Skinpack for Wolfi's TBF Avenger by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the TBF Avenger made by Wolfi for CFS 2. It includes 2D panel bitmaps made WIN 7+ compatible (I just made them larger), as WIN 7+ O/S struggles with 1024 x 768 bitmaps. I've made some slight adjustments to the dp files for AI performance in combat & added kelti exhaust effects.

The textures are: TBF (mid-war model TBF1c or TBM1c)

4 Aircraft of VT-9, flying from USS Essex, circa January 1944.
    14 Aircraft of VT-12, flying from USS Saratoga, circa February 1944.
    8 Aircraft of VT-32, flying from USS Langley, circa January 1944.
    17 Aircraft of VC-33, flying from USS Coral Sea, circa January 1944.
    N15 Aircraft of VC-63, flying from USS Natoma Bay, February 1944.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (early) skinpack UT

Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1945 skinpack UT

Description: 945 USN Skinpack for Wolfi's TBF Avenger by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the TBF Avenger made by Wolfi for CFS 2. It includes 2D panel bitmaps made WIN 7+ compatible (I just made them larger), as WIN 7+ O/S struggles with 1024 x 768 bitmaps. I've made some slight adjustments to the dp files for AI performance in combat & added kelti exhaust effects.

120 Aircraft of VT-4, flying from USS Essex, circa January 1945.
    83 Aircraft of VC-76, flying from USS Petrof Bay, January 1945.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1945 skinpack UT

Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (mid) skinpack 1 UT.zip

Description: 1944 (middle) USN Skinpack 1 for Wolfi's TBF Avenger by UncleTgt

86 Aircraft of VT-2, flying from USS Hornet, June 1944.
    12 Aircraft of VT-15, flying from USS Essex, circa June 1944.
    9 Aircraft of VT-24, flying from USS Belleau Wood, June 1944.
    7 Aircraft of VT-31, flying from USS Cabot, July 1944.

UncleTgt,

AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (mid) skinpack 1 UT.zip

Icon14 Reply...

UncleTgt,

These are amazingg repaints, thank you so much for taking the time to do these!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Oh boy, this is a library in its own right!!

Thanks UT. Really lovely repaints.

Great work as always Unc - but . . . er . . . the texture folders in the mid44 pack appear to be empty ?? (I now notice the download size is only c.4MB as opposed to the 6-12MB for the other packs so I'm guessing it's not a corrupted download.)

Cheers
    BuV

Exclamation fresh 1944 skinpack1 zip uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by blohmundvoss View Post
    Great work as always Unc - but . . . er . . . the texture folders in the mid44 pack appear to be empty ?? (I now notice the download size is only c.4MB as opposed to the 6-12MB for the other packs so I'm guessing it's not a corrupted download.)

Cheers
    BuV
    Good catch B&V - I'm at a loss to explain how it happened, but a fresh zip has been uploaded & it does contain the bitmaps now. I'm sorry for the 35 people that had already downloaded this pack before I fixed it.

... along with some more skinpacks for those later war ops ...

Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (mid) skinpack 2 UT

Description: 1944 (middle) USN Skinpack2 for Wolfi's TBF Avenger by UncleTgt

The textures are:

TBF (midwar model TBF1c or TBM1c)
    C 3 Aircraft of VC-11, flying from USS Nehenta Bay, late July 1944
    23 Aircraft of VC-21, flying from USS Marcus Island, August 1944
    C27 Aircraft of VC-35, flying from USS Chenango, circa June 1944

Thanks to

Wolfi for developing an excellent multi-LOD Avenger.

UncleTgt
    AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (mid) skinpack 2 UT

Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (late) skinpack 1 UT

Description: 1944 (late) USN Skinpack1 for Wolfi's TBF Avenger by UncleTgt

The textures are:

95 Aircraft of VT-2, flying from USS Hornet, September 1944
    3 Aircraft of VT-7, flying from USS Hancock, November 1944
    82 Aircraft of VT-18, flying from USS Intrepid, circa September/October 1944
    9 Aircraft of VT-51, flying from USS San Jacinto, circa October 1944

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (late) skinpack 1 UT

Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (late) skinpack 2 UT

Description: 1944 (late) USN Skinpack2 for Wolfi's TBF Avenger by UncleTgt

The textures are:

22 TBF-1D aircraft of VT(N)-41, flying from USS Independence, late October 1944
    B 9 Aircraft of VC-10, flying from USS Gambier Bay, late October 1944
    18 Aircraft of VC-68, flying from USS Fanshaw Bay, circa October 1944
    4 7 Aircraft of VC-75, flying from USS Ommaney Bay, September 1944

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBF/TBM1c USN 1944 (late) skinpack 2 UT

Wolfi TBM3 USN 1945 (early) skinpack UT

Description: 1945 USN (early) Skinpack for Wolfi's TBF Avenger by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the TBF Avenger made by Wolfi for CFS 2. It includes 2D panel bitmaps made WIN 7+ compatible (I just made them larger), as WIN 7+ O/S struggles with 1024 x 768 bitmaps. I've made some slight adjustments to the dp files for AI performance in combat & added kelti exhaust effects, plus I added some gloss to the TBF model to represent the latewar Gloss Sea Blue TBM-3 model.

The textures are:

TBM-3 (latewar model TBM-3)
    113 Aircraft of VT-82, flying from USS Bennington, February 1945
    314 Aircraft of VT-83, flying from USS Essex, February-March 1945
    52 TBM-3D aircraft of VT(N)-90, flying from USS Enterprise, February 1945
    88 Aircraft of VC-88, flying from USS Saginaw Bay, February 1945

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBM3 USN 1945 (early) skinpack UT

Wolfi TBM3 USN 1945 (mid) skinpack UT

Description: 1945 USN (middle) Skinpack for Wolfi's TBF Avenger by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the TBF Avenger made by Wolfi for CFS 2. It includes 2D panel bitmaps made WIN 7+ compatible (I just made them larger), as WIN 7+ O/S struggles with 1024 x 768 bitmaps. I've made some slight adjustments to the dp files for AI performance in combat & added kelti exhaust effects, plus I added some gloss to the TBF model to represent the latewar Gloss Sea Blue TBM-3 model.

The textures are:

TBM-3 (latewar model TBM-3)
    D 87 Aircraft of VT-40, flying from USS Suwannee, April 1945
    417 Aircraft of VT-83, flying from USS Essex, May 1945
    417 Aircraft of VT-83, as it appeared flying from USS Essex, August 1945
    7 Aircraft of VC-92, flying from USS Tulagi, May 1945
    90 Aircraft of VC-96, flying from USS Rudyerd Bay, April 1945

Thanks to

UncleTgt
    AUG 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Wolfi TBM3 USN 1945 (mid) skinpack UT

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Good catch B&V - I'm at a loss to explain how it happened, but a fresh zip has been uploaded & it does contain the bitmaps now. I'm sorry for the 35 people that had already downloaded this pack before I fixed it.

... along with some more skinpacks for those later war ops ...
    Thank you! This is seriously lovely stuff and really gives people a great choice of skins.

Cheers
    BuV

These skins look incredibly great! Thank you!

Outstanding work, UncleTgt! I see you took the time to do skins for USS Essex in various time frames - they are most welcome! Thank you for your excellent work, M8.

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0