USS Fletcher AI smoke effect

Thread: USS Fletcher AI smoke effect

USS Fletcher AI smoke effect

In P3D V4.5, the base smoke effect from the USS Fletcher is too high and would like to see lowered closer to the top of the smoke stacks.

There is a smoke fx effect that probably needs adjusting the attachment point which I do not know how.

I tried getting in touch with the author but no reply.

The file is here:
    https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...-uss-fletcher/

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    In P3D V4.5, the base smoke effect from the USS Fletcher is too high and would like to see lowered closer to the top of the smoke stacks.

There is a smoke fx effect that probably needs adjusting the attachment point which I do not know how.

I tried getting in touch with the author but no reply.

The file is here:
    https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...-uss-fletcher/
    Bump,,,,, anyone?

I only have FSX and smoke effect position looks ok to me but it doesn't take long to amend.

-Open the model in MCX

-Select 'Display attached objects' from the ribbon bar (the one with a paperclip on it) to see the position of the effects

-Select 'Attached object Editor' button from the ribbon bar (the one with the spanner on it)

-There are two smoke effects - 'attachpt_fx_Ship_smoke_1' and 'attachpt_fx_Ship_smoke_3_2'

-Select 'attachpt_fx_Ship_smoke_1' and you'll see the 'position' field is: -0.06; 9.14; 13.88 (These correspond to X;Y;Z position on the model)

-Change the value of the last field from 13.88 to 12.88 or something lower (you should see the effect position marker on the model move)

-Repeat for attachpt_fx_Ship_smoke_3_2 and set the Z position of the effect to where you want it

-Recompile model.

Should only take about 5 mins to do and a bit of trial and error testing in the sim to ensure you are happy with the new position.

Cheers
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    I only have FSX and smoke effect position looks ok to me but it doesn't take long to amend.

-Open the model in MCX

-Select 'Display attached objects' from the ribbon bar (the one with a paperclip on it) to see the position of the effects

-Select 'Attached object Editor' button from the ribbon bar (the one with the spanner on it)

-There are two smoke effects - 'attachpt_fx_Ship_smoke_1' and 'attachpt_fx_Ship_smoke_3_2'

-Select 'attachpt_fx_Ship_smoke_1' and you'll see the 'position' field is: -0.06; 9.14; 13.88 (These correspond to X;Y;Z position on the model)

-Change the value of the last field from 13.88 to 12.88 or something lower (you should see the effect position marker on the model move)

-Repeat for attachpt_fx_Ship_smoke_3_2 and set the Z position of the effect to where you want it

-Recompile model.

Should only take about 5 mins to do and a bit of trial and error testing in the sim to ensure you are happy with the new position.

Cheers
    Gary

Appreciate the advise but that didn't fix the issue. I think that the smoke effect (fx_Ship_smoke.fx) is the culprit and need adjusting which I don't now how to fix.

If you want to replace the smoke effect go into attached objects editor again and replace the effect.

currently if you look at the 'effectName' parameter it is 'fx_Ship_smoke' this entry corresponds to 'fx_Ship_smoke.fx' in the corresponding effects folder of the sim.

Pick another smoke effect you'd like to use from your effects folder (i.e. I use fx_fsfunnelsmoke.fx for my Essex class)

In the attached object editor change the effectName parameter from 'fx_Ship_smoke' to 'fx_fsfunnelsmoke'

Recompile the model.

Regards
    Gary

Butch,

If you have Klaus's USS Fletcher (folder name is USS_DD-445_Fletcher_1950) I have added smoke effect to it. And
    is a better looking model. This is compiled for P3Dv4 but might work in FSX. Just unzip and place both MDL and cfg
    into the Model folder. Let me know if everything looks good.

Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Butch,

If you have Klaus's USS Fletcher (folder name is USS_DD-445_Fletcher_1950) I have added smoke effect to it. And
    is a better looking model. This is compiled for P3Dv4 but might work in FSX. Just unzip and place both MDL and cfg
    into the Model folder. Let me know if everything looks good.

Joe
    Joe,

Thanks for the help, the picture will speak to the results:

In mu AI carriers config This is the setup:

[formation.7]
    title=USS Antietam CV-36 C2
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_C2Trader, 0, 0
    unit.1=DD-936 USS Decatur, -600, -400
    ////unit.2=DD-940 USS Manley, 600, 400
    unit.2=USS_CA-68_Baltimore_1950, 600, 400
    unit.3=Fletcher_P3D, 0,-1000 <<<< This was DD445_ai
    ////unit.4=Kaman_SH-2C/D_Seasprite, 60, -10

Glad I could help. But your missing the textures for it as it is for Klaus's Fletcher not the one in your first pics.
    It's in the "SimOuthouse_USS_CV-41_Midway_1950.zip" from the library here at SoH.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Glad I could help. But your missing the textures for it as it is for Klaus's Fletcher not the one in your first pics.
    It's in the "SimOuthouse_USS_CV-41_Midway_1950.zip" from the library here at SoH.

Joe
    I searched for the midway 1950 in this library and no luck.

EDIT I found the Tin cans.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=26122

The Midways carriers look to contain only carriers.

All is OK

Got it sorted now. Thanks butcherbird17

I realize that I needed the texture file from Klaus model and replace his model with yours.

That other DD Fletcher has a 16 inch fx file, I played it in FX editor, flash of light and a big boom.

This one looks way better now. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0