Objects not found when loading missions.

Thread: Objects not found when loading missions.

Objects not found when loading missions.

Hi All
    I have been installing one of the new campaigns and have run into a snag.
    Fresh Install.
    Cleared CDP files etc
    When I try to load a mission I get asked 'can't find "inf_Palm_tree", inf_revetment", "inf_water_well" and 13 others.
    I can see all the dp. files in the objectsdp folder.
    I can see the inf.bgl and inf1.bgl files in the scenedb folder (if that is where they belong).

Any Idea's

Take Care
    Stuart

Icon5

Hi S,
    Yes, I get the same thing now and again. It's that dreaded unknown CFS2 amount game again!

It won't be ac, as that would come up as unable to QC or FF, but may be numbers of DP's, weapon bgl's, inf or scenery add-on bgls, vehicles etc or possibly in your case ships! (ha ha). For me, I have found if you're near the limits of something then you get this warning once, re-start the sim and go again and it's ok. If over the 'limit' then you will alwyas get this message.

If you get a vanilla copy of CFS2, and add excatly what is needed for that mission/campaign etc, I bet it will load and run perfectly, that's the best test of the campaign/mission really, if it runs ok then go back and reduce the amounts in various folders of your main sim. I was getting that warning with weapon bgls ie not being found. I reduced the number in my weapons folder, and now I'm getting that warning sporadically which is acceptable.

Grrr...I wish these limits were definitive, and specfic to the warning such as 200 weapons bgls or a 100 ships etc.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Stuart277,
    If you are using Pen32Win's and my INf so called fix. That is if you have INF,INF1,and INF2 installed instead of the stock inf file.
    I would suggest you removed these files and reinstall the stock inf file. There is a problem with the others.

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

Members who have read this thread: 0