Hi,
I've slowly been working my way thru the process of converting models from older sims to P3D.

One general question relates to rudder movement. There must be some difference in the aircraft.cfg file beween FS9 and P3D that I haven't sussed out yet because I seem to be seeing an issue with a number of conversions (but not all of them) where the rudder deflects fine when the aircraft is on the ground and not moving but once the aircraft is in flight the amount of deflection displayed drops to just a few degrees. The aircraft seems to behave as if there is full rudder deflection but it is like the air passing over the rudder is preventing the movement. Has anyone seen this & figured out the fix?

The second is specific to Rick Pipers Chipmunk. Try as I might I can't get the gauges to display correctly in the VC. There is a panel bmp and a gauge bmp and then the actual gauge needles are modeled in the VC. I can see the gauge needles and their xml scripts in MCX and after a bit (ok a lot) of messing around and cursing I have the panel and gauge bmp displaying correctly I just can't get the needles to display (all except the slip gauge needle, that seems to work).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Gavin