Gmax

Thread: Gmax

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon9 Gmax

I was working on the Short Stirling (really nearly ready) just fixing a few issues John found and a few small items, and 2 hours of work. Shut Gmax down. go back and Gmax says corrupted file (ha ha you lost 2 hours of work....). This rarely happens but when it does it pisses me off. Good thing that I learned years ago to have several versions of the files (save as often) so that at most you lose just a few hours of work. Still it sucks....

You know no key frame for the ailerons....stupid game!

Unhappy

Feel your pain Ted, only with FSDS.

Just on the odd occasion something upsets it, and it falls over. I have the Autosave function enabled, which creates a save every 10 mins. Happens in the background automatically, so if I get a crash, I go and activate the autosave version, so at most I've only lost max 10 mins worth of work (still bloody annoying though!). Is there an autosave function in Gmax 1.2?

Yes like you, I also save when I get to major stages, save a copy, and go on from there with another copy.

That last comment, had you tried to put a keyframe in Gmax for an aileron, and that caused the crash?

Cheers

Shessi

always bummed about losing hours of work though things usually go quicker the second time around. How do the ailerons operate that require keyframe animation?

Happens to me, every now and then...real bummer. Seems Gmax doesn't like some things to be done, so it kicks back.
    Autosave works great, plus keeping a copy, almost everyday.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

key animation - ailerons

Stephan,

I was trying to animate the control wires for the ailerons to work as the aileron is activated. Else you have to compromise and place a pivot point and hope that the action seems reasonable. Just pining of things missing in the sim....

Well a good Stirling is missing in the sim so keep up the good work

I see the aileron lever where I think the cables attach. Might work reasonably well with native animation as you suggest.

Members who have read this thread: 1