DoughBree Aero Vodochody L-39C Albatross
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DoughBree Aero Vodochody L-39C Albatross

DoughBree Aero Vodochody L-39C Albatross

Good Day.

I am just reopening a tread following the lost of the first one do discuss the future arrival of DoughBree's "Kyrypust" Aero Vodochody L-39C Albatross.

Take a look at the Lithuanian Air Force example here :

http://speed99.webhosting.klfree.net.../l39/thumb.htm

The Two Bars Cross National marking is called "Vyties Kryzius" or
    "Vitaut Cross" and have been created by an ancient Polish-Lithuanian Catholic Knight Order around 1236 ( !!! ) yes... 1236.

These Markings have also been worned by military airplanes of Lithuania betwwen 1920 and 1940.

Thanks in advance to Kyrypust to update us with its Digital Works !

VaporZ
    :ernae:

kyrypust

New paint

My first post again.
    I've had so little time lately... Still there is something I've done:ernae: The exterior cockpit finally lives and I've made a new paint in memory of the Wild Child albatros and its crew ( crash site here ). Right now I am working only with Fs2004, FsX will get it's turn later.

Nice paint scheme and airplane! I look forward to flying it!

:ernae:

An awesome job sir! Will you be putting out a paint kit? Is there any stretching of the skin involved in the painting?

kyrypust
    Thanks.
    Positive:d, the paintkit is almost done. So far the mapping is plane projection, almost no UVW unwrap. Pros: you don't stretch anything when painting
    Cons: fuselage has top/bottom maps along with standard left/right
    It took me a little over 5 hours to make each one of the last two repaints.

Well honestly I'd rather it take a little longer to paint than have those ugly stretch marks......

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Well honestly I'd rather it take a little longer to paint than have those ugly stretch marks......
    I could have went all month without seeing that ! :d

Darrell

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    I'm all in favor of the womens, but is there going to be an option to remove the chick?? I don't like that, I simply prefer to military dressed pilots. :ernae:
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

kyrypust
    Quote Originally Posted by PilatusTurbo View Post
    I'm all in favor of the womens, but is there going to be an option to remove the chick?? I don't like that, I simply prefer to military dressed pilots. :ernae:
    Who said there is gonna be a chick in the back seat, that's my own personal copy, you will get two ugly pilots:d:d:d. No seriously, there will be two military pilots with oxygen masks and so on, but obviously this one was a private aircraft, with every right to carry civilians. You'll be allright as long as you stick with military paints.

4skyhawka4m: is that an insult of my creation or what???:isadizzy:
    The only stretchin I am aware of could happen really close to the leading edges and top and bottom of the fuel tanks. The checkered pattern on Wild Child's tanks is probably as tough as it can get but still looks ok to me. If you're thinking oposite I'll see what can be done.

No insult intended..... I was simply saying how happy I am that you are making the paint kit the way you did. All too many times models are done and the skins are stretched and make for very hard to paint.

I can not wait for this jet to be released.!

For me, I'd like to have the opetion to use the model with the feamle seated in the back....maybe a bit larger on the tata's but ya.......bring her on for the private jets.

kyrypust
    Right, I thought you were comparing the paintjob with that picture:costumes: but anyway I don't mind criticism- generaly:d.
    No two albatroses are alike, they have different antennas, different cockpits, lights and so on. That will mean at least two exterior models, with different crew. And if someone wanted to have private paint on military model, minor change in cfg is all it takes.
    Now back to schoolwork, working on an axial high pressure cast valve with nonrotary spindle in Inventor. Wonder if I ever get away from 3D.
    Cheers,
    Vitek

hinch
    This plane looks like a sports shoe - I like it. I enjoyed the original one, I'm looking forward to this =D

Any updates on the status of the project? The projected release date is nearing, and I cant wait to get my hands on the Beta!

Very excited! :ernae: Looks fantastic

Kyrypust, that is one sweet looking bird. I can't wait.

Reminds me of this one....... :d

Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

kyrypust
    I'm not so sure about finishing it in time. Right now I'm almost done with the exterior, where 'almost' means making another pilot, longer version of wing tanks, couple of antena combos. There are 4 paints already:ernae: I am leaving that for now, and going to start on virtual cockpit.
    I might even update the website today, as I haven't gotten to that lately.

Cheers,
    Vitek

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Really looking forward to this one. Thanks for your hard work. It's appreciated!

kyrypust
    It's worth the hard work i put into it
    Here is my avatar in full resolution: link

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    BTW: I'm for the babe in the back.

A second page gallery is now open with screens of a L-39C presented with the colors of Slovak Air Force national team "Biele Albatrozy".

Unfortunatly this national demo team is now disbanded for economic reasons !!!

http://speed99.webhosting.klfree.net...39_2/thumb.htm

VaproZ

outstanding!

I think this L-39C will be the "2009 Freware of the Year"
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

cant wait to paint that plane some sweet skins hey if you need my help let me know i can paint some skins for the file ! :ernae:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Drake
    Looks amazing! Can't wait to take her up. Keep up the awsome work! :ernae: