All 4096 textures.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I miss flying it, it didn't work on V4, the new version works, some adjustments and it will be great

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

In my P3Dv3 it had some serious problems. It loaded fine and the passenger door opened and closed. When starting the engines via ctrl E the exhaust was very blue-tinged and the propellers disappeared. The flaps did not visually extend. It taxied okay and I was able to take off fairly normally. The landing gear would not retract. After flying a circuit I managed to get it on the ground but even with the engines shut down and the brakes fully applied it took over a mile to get stopped.
    Such a beautiful plane; I love Beech 18s. I hope someone will be able to get it to "straighten up and fly right" in P3Dv3.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    In my P3Dv3 it had some serious problems. It loaded fine and the passenger door opened and closed. When starting the engines via ctrl E the exhaust was very blue-tinged and the propellers disappeared. The flaps did not visually extend. It taxied okay and I was able to take off fairly normally. The landing gear would not retract. After flying a circuit I managed to get it on the ground but even with the engines shut down and the brakes fully applied it took over a mile to get stopped.
    Such a beautiful plane; I love Beech 18s. I hope someone will be able to get it to "straighten up and fly right" in P3Dv3.
    Is this the latest version that he just uploaded you're talking about?
    You're talking about it in past tense, hence my question...

I just tried running it in P3D_V4.5 to no avail. Unlike the Norseman and Super Pacer which both work perfectly, this one causes a CTD. No worries for me though I flying entirely in FSX.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I just tried running it in P3D_V4.5 to no avail. Unlike the Norseman and Super Pacer which both work perfectly, this one causes a CTD. No worries for me though I flying entirely in FSX.
    Probably a gauge somewhere. I only have P3d V1.4. So I tried to use all xml or default gauges...
    You can't take the sky from me...

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post

I only have P3d V1.4. No idea why it's not working. It's compiled with the FSX sdk and uses no "weird" animation names. Unless there is a huge change between V 3 and 1.4/FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Probably a gauge somewhere. I only have P3d V1.4. So I tried to use all xml or default gauges...
    That was my thought too Brian. I'll look over the gauges and most likely it's a "gau or dll" that's the cause.

Current System Specs:

with permission from Brian Gladden, I could make some improvements to it, I was interested in a tri-shovel helical version
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

I aired it out in v4.5 last night with absolutely no problem. Visuals, instruments, everything works fine. Both ground and flight dynamics seem good although it seems to skid right on short final regardless of wind direction.

I did install a pop-up VC panel for the Bendix King radio stack because the radios in the VC aren't clickable. Gotta be able to set the ADF freq in a plane of this vintage! I might make some camera views for the copilot seat and maybe the passenger cabin when I get to it.

Nice work Brian, a fun plane that will definitely be part of my regular rotation.

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-10_22-9-6-151.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    . . . . .I did install a pop-up VC panel for the Bendix King radio stack because the radios in the VC aren't clickable. Gotta be able to set the ADF freq in a plane of this vintage!
    August
    I replaced the original VC Collins Radios with a new set by Jon Dyer. They are clickable and are programmed with additional functions per the real radios. Search his name in flightsim dot com for those and other updates to other default radios. Also it was a "gauge" problem that was causing my CTD. Fixed.

Current System Specs:

Moving on to Brians PC-12. . .WIP

Brian_PC12-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Exterior started. panel lines, rivets and various markings yet to come. . . .then on to the VC!
    Last edited by falcon409; August 11th, 2020 at 08:44.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    I aired it out in v4.5 last night with absolutely no problem. Visuals, instruments, everything works fine. Both ground and flight dynamics seem good although it seems to skid right on short final regardless of wind direction.

I did install a pop-up VC panel for the Bendix King radio stack because the radios in the VC aren't clickable. Gotta be able to set the ADF freq in a plane of this vintage! I might make some camera views for the copilot seat and maybe the passenger cabin when I get to it.

Nice work Brian, a fun plane that will definitely be part of my regular rotation.

August
    Just to confirm I have also flown it in 4.5 with no problem or tinkering. By the way what happened to Bush Flying Unlimited?

SOH-CM-2023
    I think BFU kinda petered out. Particularly after AVSIM changed a bunch of the forum stuff.

Ok now I need to find the PC 12 model somewhere.... Boy... THAT is a blast from the past. I did that model for FS 2002

SOH-CM-2023
    Looking at the PC-12 in MCX, I probably won't be able to add a working Copilots side set of instruments. Also most of the gauges are the old format that are not FSX and up compatible. This one may take some work. I've got the Executive version exterior model converted and I'll be starting on the VC later. When done I'll have all three models in one folder with the appropriate textures. So a combi, Ambulance and Executive all in a single aircraft folder.

This one is showing it's age a bit. I made this in 2003...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Looking at the PC-12 in MCX, I probably won't be able to add a working Copilots side set of instruments. Also most of the gauges are the old format that are not FSX and up compatible. This one may take some work. I've got the Executive version exterior model converted and I'll be starting on the VC later. When done I'll have all three models in one folder with the appropriate textures. So a combi, Ambulance and Executive all in a single aircraft folder.

This one is showing it's age a bit. I made this in 2003...
    That's good news Brian. I think there are enough of us "basic Flyers" around that are more inclined to enjoy flight with all it's "ups and downs", less concerned about system accuracy and every bump being the correct size and spacing. . .that any efforts you can make to give the PC12 "Native" wings will be very much appreciated.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2023
    Native PC-12 (All 3 versions in one folder) uploading as I type this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-aug-13-005.jpg   -2020-aug-13-003.jpg   -2020-aug-13-007.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    just uploaded the Norseman on floats!

Members who have read this thread: 1