Fdg2_p-47d-23 gives me a fail to load qick combat message...

Thread: Fdg2_p-47d-23 gives me a fail to load qick combat message...

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon5 Fdg2_p-47d-23 gives me a fail to load qick combat message...

This has got to be something really simple but no lights are going on for me.

I downloaded FDG2's FDG2_P47d_Install.zip

Installed it into a folder of my choice in my CFS2 downloads folder- not to the default location.

Did some tweaking to everything as I always do: renamed the parent folder, changed the title of the AC in the aircraft.cfg file, added a description section to the aircraft.cfg file; aliased the sound to my own particular sound file; aliased the panel to my own particular modified panel folder.

Do the same things to all new ACs all the time, no worries.

However when I try to load the AC in the sim, I get a "failed to load quick combat mission" message.

If I remove the AC, everything is jake. Put it back -> same error message.

Its got to be something simple but for some reason the little light-bulb in my brain isn't coming on!

Any ideas?

Find attached a zipped copy of the AC. I changed the aliased sound and panel cfg files back to what they are supposed to be.

If anyone is interested, please have a look and see if any bells go off!

Thanks!
    MR
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

Doh!

Never-mind.

Turns out that when I added the new AC I was putting myself one AC over by current 87 AC limit.

For some reason I thought I still had 4 or five empty slots left to play with but it turns out I was right at 87 so adding a new AC got CFS2's nose out of joint.

I guess in the back of my mind I was thinking or expecting that too many AC would first generate a "failed to initialize database" message instead of the "failed to generate qc mission" It kinda threw me off.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it.

You guys might still enjoy the AC I attached above. I researched the hull number and model number an was able to come up with a pretty good description of what this AC was all about.

Google on Col. Neel E. Kearby if you want to find out why this AC was notable. Its the AC he was flying when he was shot down over Wewak, PNG in March 1944 flying out of Saidor, PNG.

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Members who have read this thread: 0