Why has Lazarus gone away and is all his stuff gone?

Thread: Why has Lazarus gone away and is all his stuff gone?

Why has Lazarus gone away and is all his stuff gone?

Just wondering. The last thing I read from him was a post regarding the news on which Roger reacted. I don't want to jump to conclusions but......

Cees

Good question, Cees. Hope he's ok, great guy, always willing to help you.

hertzie

Some of his stuff is on Simviation. Sometimes atriubitted to LLS, sometimes just a generic name. His reworks of the Alphasim A-3D and B-66 are there, also the AS F-84.

Last time Lazarus logged in was in the 19th of July, so he is still around.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Last time Lazarus logged in was in the 19th of July, so he is still around.

Cheers,
    Huub
    My question still stands? Why?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post

Cees
    That's something you should ask Lazarus. I know as much as you. Obviously he doesn't post anymore, but as you can conclude from my previous post he hasn't left.

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post

Cees
    Have you tried PM'ing him? I'm not saying it will be successful, but it's worth a shot.

As I noted a few months ago, he apparently requested all his files be removed. I imagine if he wanted to say why, he would have.

Bad Apples

It is a terrible shame that some bad apple (and I don't have a clue who in this case) ruins things for everyone. How many scenery designers have pulled tons of freeware tremendous stuff. Why are people so stupid sometimes to spoil it for everyone else just because.........

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    It is a terrible shame that some bad apple (and I don't have a clue who in this case) ruins things for everyone. How many scenery designers have pulled tons of freeware tremendous stuff. Why are people so stupid sometimes to spoil it for everyone else just because.........
    Agree 100%. There is a big difference in constructive vs destructive criticism. I have seen this happen many times over the years I have been here.

i always thank the author of a scenery or plane or anything else that I use no matter what. If you don’t like it and can’t say something constructive, keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Yep. And Lazarus did tons of great work. Super sad. I have no idea what happened, but I totally respect his decision. There's a lot of entitled people around. Kills me every time I see a post of expectations. Granted, sometimes I think many times it's an English Language/Culture thing, but not all.
    Last edited by FlyingsCool; August 11th, 2020 at 07:44.

Skilled and most generous contributor. He also makes lots of most useful things. I miss his irreverent, self deprecating humor.🙂
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0