Akemi aircraft won't populate

Thread: Akemi aircraft won't populate

Akemi aircraft won't populate

Hello all,

I have multiple aircraft in my folder that just will not populate in the drop down menus when I open CFS2 and I cannot for the live of me figure out why. I have noticed that a bunch of them are Akemi legacy aircraft (mz-), but I'm putting a list together of what populates, what doesn't, and where I got it. Any ideas???

Steven

Any advice??? I'm desperate to get these birds airborne!

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo4557 View Post
    Hello all,

I have multiple aircraft in my folder that just will not populate in the drop down menus when I open CFS2 and I cannot for the live of me figure out why. I have noticed that a bunch of them are Akemi legacy aircraft (mz-), but I'm putting a list together of what populates, what doesn't, and where I got it. Any ideas???

Steven
    Hiya Steve,
    other
    Not sure what you mean by "populate". Are you saying that the AC don't show up in the FF Player Aircraft drop-down list? Or for that matter, in any of the sims other AC drop down lists?

Just thinking out loud here but it could be that you might have loaded them into the AC folder with one too many layers of parent folders inside the aircraft's folder? You know how many of the AC, when you unzip them, they unzip into a parent folder, usually named after the zip file and then inside that there may be several other layers of folders before you actually get to the parent AC folder with its subsidiary texture, model, panel and sound folders and most importantly aircraft.cfg file which is the file that provides the AC name for the drop-down list.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Howdy!

Yes, exactly right. They don't show in any of the drop downs. There aren't multiple "layers" of folders either, so I'm at a complete loss. Everything seems to be in there; model, texture, panel, sound, the cfg file, air file, dp file. Nothing seems missing in any of them, which is why I'm completely baffled at this point. I'm looking at just re-downloading them, but I fear I'll hit the same snag.

Steve

Steve, just taking a long shot here but are the names of you texture folders the same as the texture entry in your aircraft.cfg files?

Could you post a screenshot of your opened aircraft folder along with the text of your aircraft.cfg for that plane?

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Steve, just taking a long shot here but are the names of you texture folders the same as the texture entry in your aircraft.cfg files?

Could you post a screenshot of your opened aircraft folder along with the text of your aircraft.cfg for that plane?
    Good call Ravenna. I think you probably nailed it.

Steve, had you by any chance just added a bunch of repaints to a basic MZ aircraft?

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

I'm going to guess an sound or panel alias is set to an aircraft you don't have.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Library Staff
    Hi Steven,

I have the same problem in FF with my two "Rufes" - the Gerald Lindell model and the Akemi one. They each have only one texture folder and their panel and sound folders are not aliased. However, they will show up in missions.

Kevin

The mz-a6m2n.zip Rufe works just fine for me. It is just at the vary bottom of the list in Free Flight as mz-a6m2n.zip Rufe starts with a lower case letter in the name.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 0