New Repaints 2020 for the iconic Milviz Huey Redux

Thread: New Repaints 2020 for the iconic Milviz Huey Redux

New Repaints 2020 for the iconic Milviz Huey Redux

Hallo to all last standing FSX Huey Pilots

There are some brand new 2020 Milviz Huey UH-1H Repaints available .

I bought them yesterday and i am very impressed about the quality.
    Especially the Philippines Air Force 890 SAR is extremly nice.
    But also the other German repains are superb

German Air Force SAR

German Army HEER

I found them at :
    http://www.hueytuning.com/en/copy-us-phillipine-air-force-890-sar/

Here are some screenshots

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PAF 890 SAR.jpg   SAR 70+92.jpg   HERR 72+30.jpg  

milviz Hueyrepaint

15 euros for a repaint!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    yup, most of those are already available, all they do is need converting to the redux model that you can do for free

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    I hate that. People charging money for repaints...

There are devs that charge money for repaint packs where you pay about the same amount for a bunch of them, but 15€ a pop? No way!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Never. If I want it bad enough I'll paint it myself and share it.

Yep. I nailed this guy over on another site. He was trying to advertise his products until I noticed he was charging for them.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Never. If I want it bad enough I'll paint it myself and share it.
    That is it share.

Or maybe we're just old coots?

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Wow Wow Wow

I did not told you to buy these Repaints

It was just a short information.
    i am acctually a bit shocked about so much negativ reaction. where did i land ?

By the way it is everybody selve decision to by a product or not.

I realy doubt that fsafranek is able to paint a Huey Redux Repaint in that quality !!!! do not talk. show your masterskills to us
    i do have a lot of Milviz Repaints you can get them for free over the Milviz suport Website but they are far away from these Payware Repiants.
    Quality is never for free.
    And i also know Bernhard Lechners German repaints. they are good but in a very old paint sheme and not as good as these two Hueytuning SAR and HEER repaints
    But how can you tell .
    If you are too stingly to spend money for quality.
    on the other hand i hate people who want to have everything for free and dont repect others work

And Mr Zippy i believe you are a police officer.
    you have already nailed everybody don't you !

i will not react on any further negative responds like this

Hi Leandro,

Perhaps the reactions are a bit too strong, but this place is visited by many developers and many visitors are quite decent (re)painters.

Especially after the arrival of FSX most of us slowly got used to paying for complete models, but paying for a repaint is simply not done here. I think the main reason can be found in the distant past. Many of the members here go back to the early days of CFS1 and CFS2 when (nearly) everything people made for the sims was shared with the community.

As fsafranek already indicated when we like a repaints many of us will just do it them self. Those who can't do it, often find somebody here who is willing to do it. When you want to check out the repaint skills of fsafrank, you can check out the models he painted for alphasim/virtavia. I don't consider myself very skilled, but when you are interested in my repaint skills, feel free to download my repaints here in the library.

However welcome to the Sim-Outhouse and although we have some strange habits, we are actually a quite nice group of people.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Yep. I nailed this guy over on another site. He was trying to advertise his products until I noticed he was charging for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandro Merx View Post

Hey Charlie,

Book 'em Danno

I doesn't mind paying for repaints but 15€ for a Single paintjob seems bit steep to me with the fact in mind that other developers charge 16€ for paint packs with around 3 or 4 different liveries included!

best regards,
    Thomas

Since you mentioned me. As I said, if I want it bad enough I'll paint it myself.
    Huey's were fun when I was in the Army but choppers in flightsim really don't interest me much.

Wow Wow Wow

I did not told you to buy these Repaints

It was just a short information.
    i am acctually a bit shocked about so much negativ reaction. where did i land ?

By the way it is everybody selve decision to by a product or not.

I realy doubt that fsafranek is able to paint a Huey Redux Repaint in that quality !!!! do not talk. show your masterskills to us
    i do have a lot of Milviz Repaints you can get them for free over the Milviz suport Website but they are far away from these Payware Repiants.
    Quality is never for free.
    And i also know Bernhard Lechners German repaints. they are good but in a very old paint sheme and not as good as these two Hueytuning SAR and HEER repaints
    But how can you tell .
    If you are too stingly to spend money for quality.
    on the other hand i hate people who want to have everything for free and dont repect others work

you have already nailed everybody don't you !

i will not react on any further negative responds like this

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Since you mentioned me. As I said, if I want it bad enough I'll paint it myself.
    Huey's were fun when I was in the Army but choppers in flightsim really don't interest me much.
    regardless frank, as the supplier of the paints for the MV redux and 30 odd other MV huey paints, you dont need to prove yourself

THX huub vink

for flatten the waves

To end this not wished topic i finally have to say.
    Almost everybody was able at 2000 to create CFS 2 or a MSFS2000 repaint with 16 bit and a max resolution of 800 x 600.
    You just needed to use MS paint or the Paint program Abacus Repaint .

For repainting a nowadays repaint in 64 bit with and a res of 2048 x2048 you need a deep knowledge of how to use Photoshop.
    And bringing it up to this quality is very rare.

It is anyway very seldom that Flightsim software developer taking care creating software for the old FSX.
    They all focusing on Prepar3D v5 and MS2020.

For my part, i really appreciate the work of http://www.hueytuning.com/en/

By the way
    Check out: law of economy !

It is just sad to see how even the last spark of hope is destroyed by such a behavior.

THX and Goodbye

To all my dear, talented and respected flightsim-friends: I (maybe just like you) don't like it, but things seem to change, even in the flightsim-world.

YOU made things not only for your pleasure, but also for the pleasure of others with the same hobby. Why keeping things for yourselves, when you can make others happy with it? But that's and old-fashioned way of thinking nowadays. Nowadays it's: "what's in it for me". Better get used to it.

Fortunately there are still a lot of "old-fashioned thinkers" on this flightsim-site. Let's be proud of them and grateful for what they do for us, and don't spill your energy on those who want to make money out of their hobby. Ignore them, you'll have a better sleep.

Donationware is different ofcourse, that's a sign of appreciation.

So again: many many thanks to all those talented people who make me happy every day with FREE "stuff" that makes flightsimming still a great hobby!

hertzie

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    To all my dear, talented and respected flightsim-friends: I (maybe just like you) don't like it, but things seem to change, even in the flightsim-world.

YOU made things not only for your pleasure, but also for the pleasure of others with the same hobby. Why keeping things for yourselves, when you can make others happy with it? But that's and old-fashioned way of thinking nowadays. Nowadays it's: "what's in it for me". Better get used to it.

Fortunately there are still a lot of "old-fashioned thinkers" on this flightsim-site. Let's be proud of them and grateful for what they do for us, and don't spill your energy on those who want to make money out of their hobby. Ignore them, you'll have a better sleep.

Donationware is different ofcourse, that's a sign of appreciation.

So again: many many thanks to all those talented people who make me happy every day with FREE "stuff" that makes flightsimming still a great hobby!

hertzie
    Give this man a beer! Heck, give him several beers!!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Give this man a beer! Heck, give him several beers!!

Priller
    Right on! Maybe a 6-pack!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

For repainting a nowadays repaint in 64 bit with and a res of 2048 x2048 you need a deep knowledge of how to use Photoshop.
    And bringing it up to this quality is very rare.
    THX and Goodbye
    Just for the record, 32bit or 64bit has little to do with repainting, although there may be limitations for each. Textures in 2048 are quite common and I actually prefer 4096 and I promise you I lack any "deep knowledge" of repainting but it doesn't require a deep knowledge to get started, just a desire to figure out the process. Not a big deal. As for the rarity of quality repaints, we have master repainters in SOH that produce high quality free liveries all the time.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Just for the record, 32bit or 64bit has little to do with repainting, although there may be limitations for each. Textures in 2048 are quite common and I actually prefer 4096 and I promise you I lack any "deep knowledge" of repainting but it doesn't require a deep knowledge to get started, just a desire to figure out the process. Not a big deal. As for the rarity of quality repaints, we have master repainters in SOH that produce high quality free liveries all the time.
    And those same master repainters also happen (in quite a few cases) to work for payware devs from time to time.

The comments made here about Frank are just over the top...

I wonder if the OP ever heard about Jankees, Jeansy and so many other quality repainters in this community. Hell, I wonder if this person even knows what goes on in this community.

And indeed, like Ed pointed out, repainting for a 32 bit or a 64 bit flightsim in whatever resolution or format requires the exact same knowledge. Not commenting about deep or shallow, as I'm graphically handicapped myself. I.e. I'm just horrible at it.

Also, commenting about Zippy's past or present profession is just not on. It's bad manners. Just like the horrible things this person does to the beautiful language of Shakespeare.

Time for a beer...

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

In defense of the changes that have come about for P3Dv5, I've seen quite a few people struggle with first the _spec files, then the _metal, and now the blue channel in v5 getting it right. But many people have shared how to build these additional features, and there are other things that take some skill, like adding dirt and wear, stuff like Tufun has done for rivets, etc.

But I can't see these repaints being worth 15 euro per repaint. You can buy whole planes for that, really good ones. But,.. whatever the market will bear. Pretty sure it won't bear this.

What would really piss me off though, is if these are just reduxes of work others did for free, and now the repainter is trying to sell others' work.

THX and Goodbye
    Just watch the door on your way out!
    If you come into the SOH with your present attitude again you will be removed.
    Unacceptable behavior.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Just watch the door on your way out!
    If you come into the SOH with your present attitude again you will be removed.
    Unacceptable behavior.
    Give this man

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Icon23 Cheers...

...alternatively everybody could drink this...

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DrinkForPeace.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0