3rd Party Developer News - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3rd Party Developer News

MSFS will be a very different experience to P3D (and FSX for that matter). Airliners will rule for the immediate future with GA a close second. Why? because, like in real life, there will be basically two types of "flyer". Those that want realistic airline operations and commercial routes, airports and so on and those that want realistic sport and leisure flying. For MSFS, I suspect that warbirds, as in real life, will be a niche within a niche which is a very small market.

Given the work involved in creating add-ons for this new sim, the return on investment will drive the decision on what to build. As for portovers, I suspect people will tire very quickly of those when they start comparing with such high standards in the "stock" aircraft. For those of us who just love warbirds and accept that an ROI is not going to happen, the field for warbirds is open. It's a brave new world folks.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    MSFS will be a very different experience to P3D (and FSX for that matter). Airliners will rule for the immediate future with GA a close second. Why? because, like in real life, there will be basically two types of "flyer". Those that want realistic airline operations and commercial routes, airports and so on and those that want realistic sport and leisure flying. For MSFS, I suspect that warbirds, as in real life, will be a niche within a niche which is a very small market.

Given the work involved in creating add-ons for this new sim, the return on investment will drive the decision on what to build. As for portovers, I suspect people will tire very quickly of those when they start comparing with such high standards in the "stock" aircraft. For those of us who just love warbirds and accept that an ROI is not going to happen, the field for warbirds is open. It's a brave new world folks.

...people will "tyre" very quickly... We spell tyre with a y not an I.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    ...people will "tyre" very quickly... We spell tyre with a y not an I.
    You guys are weird.

DC is working on getting his work into MSFS, as is Dino and I can’t imagine JT abandoning us. We warbirds flyers are going to be fine.

Okay,

the quote function did not work, so here again:

--------------------------------
    JAVIS wrote:
    Btw, i can't wait to see a more or less battered steam gauge cockpit in MSFS as opposed to all of these spic & span, supercleandreammachine uninspiring glass cockpits.. Blèhhh...
    --------------------------------

I totally agree.

Where is my beloved DC-3????
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Obviously, to each his/her own. But the crop of aircraft in the new sim is a disappointment for me, save for the 747-400. GA aircraft are pretty much of a yawn in my log book, though I can understand their popularity.

What I long for is flying AH's C-46 and DC-3 through he Alaskan and northern Canadian reaches, as only this new sim can represent them in all their glory. Or Mike Cyul's B-24 and C-87 flying over the Hump. Or a Warbird Sim P-51, gliding in on final over a gloriously lush grass field somewhere in England.

Yes, give me steam gauges and round engines. Give me the DC-4 and the DC-6. Give me an Otter and a Beaver. And let me virtually strap into a Phantom and an F-100. What will truly make this a special sim for me are those "niche" aircraft, compliments of our talented 3rd-party developers.

Quote Originally Posted by c87 View Post
    Obviously, to each his/her own. But the crop of aircraft in the new sim is a disappointment for me, save for the 747-400. GA aircraft are pretty much of a yawn in my log book, though I can understand their popularity.

What I long for is flying AH's C-46 and DC-3 through he Alaskan and northern Canadian reaches, as only this new sim can represent them in all their glory. Or Mike Cyul's B-24 and C-87 flying over the Hump. Or a Warbird Sim P-51, gliding in on final over a gloriously lush grass field somewhere in England.

Yes, give me steam gauges and round engines. Give me the DC-4 and the DC-6. Give me an Otter and a Beaver. And let me virtually strap into a Phantom and an F-100. What will truly make this a special sim for me are those "niche" aircraft, compliments of our talented 3rd-party developers.
    I've been importing things into Blender, which is going really well, and brushing up on pure PBR in Max (which may likely mean saying goodbye to FSX), and so the steam gauges may not be dead yet.

Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0