3rd Party Developer News - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Party Developer News

Come on me old boys - what do you reckon? - A Glass Menagerie or a Tower Of Babel?

Some say there's no .dll just .xml - others say other. Folks say you can take the FSX C172 for a ride with no modification other than to tell MSFS not to read 3000 surface feedbacks off the wings and just fly it on rails. . .

SOH is HQ for what's new and what's worth flying. . .

What say The Elders. . .? - who have made such beautiful aircraft that we pilots have flown in joy. . .

What do you reckon?
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Yes Priller, something like that - mostly just generic buildings in the cities, maybe few main landmarks, but all the rest will have to be upgraded by extra addons...

Once again, reply with quote didn't work. I hate that.

anyway, Kaigun, Yes,

There isn't much of the world that is photogramettrized. Which means that most of the world is going to rely on Azure to "paint" the landscape. In those areas where satellite imagery is good it will be... ok... Bridges are going to be an issue. Your house will not likely look like your house.

So, after a few months of flying, people are very likely going to want hand crafted scenery of areas they know.

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be lifetimes better than FSX. The weather I believe looks great. But I'm pretty sure there's going to be lots of room for improvement, that people are going to want to expand the scenery, more planes and more accurate planes. To me, that's a good thing. A thriving marketplace will keep this product growing for a long time.

Just remember, this is the whole freakin world we are talking about. As good as the tools Asabo and others have created are, it's not going to be perfect... at least for a few years

Quote Originally Posted by kaigun View Post
    Yes Priller, something like that - mostly just generic buildings in the cities, maybe few main landmarks, but all the rest will have to be upgraded by extra addons...
    I'm pretty sure that this is going to be quite a leap beyond what we have to day. While not much of the world is photogrammetrized, Azure is going to take generic buildings to the next level. Where it can, the buildings will be similar and placed "properly" using satellite imagery. It won't be exact, windows will be "wrong", but it'll look damn good.

But, yes, given the fact that even Asabo is releasing handcrafted scenery, there will be room for more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    As good as the tools Asabo and others have created are, it's not going to be perfect...
    But, yes, given the fact that even Asabo is releasing handcrafted scenery, there will be room for more of that.
    It's Asobo, FC..

You wouldn't want us to call you ClyingsFool or CoolingsFly now would you ? Asabo is something to do with beards and sixpacks and that sort of thing. https://www.facebook.com/ASABO-941666945891365/photos/

Get your facts straight.

Thanks for making me more aware what to expect Uff, at least for now I can imagine next thousands of USD invested info new platform again, often for the same addons, in the coming few years

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    It's Asobo, FC..

You wouldn't want us to call you ClyingsFool or CoolingsFly now would you ? Asabo is something to do with beards and sixpacks and that sort of thing. https://www.facebook.com/ASABO-941666945891365/photos/

Get your facts straight.

So sorry!

hmm, CoolFlyings... Not bad

Quote Originally Posted by kaigun View Post
    Thanks for making me more aware what to expect Uff, at least for now I can imagine next thousands of USD invested info new platform again, often for the same addons, in the coming few years

My pleasure

Yep... I'm with you... heck, I'm still spending money on FSX, haha

sigh

hmm, CoolFlyings... Not bad
    Indeed not !

I remember CoolRunnings... Charming movie.

I do hope we will see some high quality Military airfields come to the new world....

I didn't see one browsing this thread, but anyone know of any warbirds in development?

Not much of a CivAv guy, love my Spits, Stangs, Cats, and Bombers.

It might be something of a disappointment Cyber, quite a number of devs are looking into MSFS including the Militants but apparently 'Cost' will be the big hit.
    PMDG will probably be leading the charge..................but quite a few projects in hand are taking a different approach (read: less bells and whistles) so we wait and see.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    It might be something of a disappointment Cyber, quite a number of devs are looking into MSFS including the Militants but apparently 'Cost' will be the big hit.
    PMDG will probably be leading the charge..................but quite a few projects in hand are taking a different approach (read: less bells and whistles) so we wait and see.
    I think I saw rumor that the PMDG 7-series is going to be like $120 USD. Woof!

But, devs have costs, and as the sim improves, the development gets more and more expensive. Hard to run a business when you can't recoup and make a profit to pay your people.

Just means they'll have to be truly amazing to be worth the price.

Vrs - f-18e/f-18f

This what VRS have said on their Forum :

"Honestly we are so far away from FS2020 at this point, I can’t even speculate on it. For example all the avionics need to be rewritten in probably HTML5. If MS gets near a release of 2020 this year, and we were to switch gears and move that way rather than focusing on P3D, we’d add a year to the Rhino release easily. We just can’t afford to do that. Long term, yes, it would be nice to be able to focus on the superior platform that 2020 will no doubt be, but practically speaking the P3D market can’t just be replaced due to things like commercial sales, which are a big piece of the pie. AFAIK, MS licensing still precludes the use of 2020 for commercial ops, meaning all of our existing and future commercial sales will still require support for P3D. This is primarily why P3D exists and why we’ll continue to support it for the foreseeable future.

As to why we need to sell products on a per platform basis, the answer is simply that it’s a ridiculous amount of work to do to keep up with all the differences, and you can’t stay in business unless you can cover those expenses. If you’re willing to wait a couple of years for FS2020 support then we’ll be happy to refund you (or anyone else) on your P3D preorder, but please understand that these releases won’t be anywhere near close to each other. P3D Rhino will be out way before an FS2020 version no matter what."

It's purely economies of scale.

Legal stuff
    1. This is my opinion.
    2. I am not singling out one person or product or company. ( Crikey it's getting bad when you need to start every post like that ).

Mil topics dont sell as well ( numbers wise ) as GA/Tubeliners, This is a fact. In the current simulator space it's almost 3 : 1 .
    However.

Xbox is coming. Some rumours are it's about 3 -4 months on from the pc release. the reason why this is a good thing from a Military aficionado is most console users I know ( I am one ) are "I have a spare hour and I want to take up a spitfire and fly around like a lunatic for a while ". Now for the hardcore this is sacrilege. This is the sweet cherry on top though.

As more of these type of users come on board the scale of the market increases. This then means that it becomes financially viable to make a military subject. Further to this as the scale of the market increases the price actually goes down. Look at the price of a harley davidson/indian in America as compared to Oz. purely a function of population.

I know of a number of devs that would have no issue in selling a product for under 10 dollars to 1500+ people worldwide.

So sounds odd but if you're into "interesting" or military addons then you actually need to pin your hopes on the xbox release doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    It's purely economies of scale.

Legal stuff
    1. This is my opinion.
    2. I am not singling out one person or product or company. ( Crikey it's getting bad when you need to start every post like that ).

Mil topics dont sell as well ( numbers wise ) as GA/Tubeliners, This is a fact. In the current simulator space it's almost 3 : 1 .
    However.

Xbox is coming. Some rumours are it's about 3 -4 months on from the pc release. the reason why this is a good thing from a Military aficionado is most console users I know ( I am one ) are "I have a spare hour and I want to take up a spitfire and fly around like a lunatic for a while ". Now for the hardcore this is sacrilege. This is the sweet cherry on top though.

As more of these type of users come on board the scale of the market increases. This then means that it becomes financially viable to make a military subject. Further to this as the scale of the market increases the price actually goes down. Look at the price of a harley davidson/indian in America as compared to Oz. purely a function of population.

I know of a number of devs that would have no issue in selling a product for under 10 dollars to 1500+ people worldwide.

So sounds odd but if you're into "interesting" or military addons then you actually need to pin your hopes on the xbox release doing well.
    Didn't realize how much more popular the tubeliners and GA stuff were compared to military hardware - thanks for your insight!

Quote Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
    I didn't see one browsing this thread, but anyone know of any warbirds in development?

Not much of a CivAv guy, love my Spits, Stangs, Cats, and Bombers.
    I think they'll be there. Most are waiting for a complete SDK to fully understand what it's going to be like. It's very different than FSX/P3D.
    Last edited by mike_cyul; August 11th, 2020 at 19:38.

Quote Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post
    Didn't realize how much more popular the tubeliners and GA stuff were compared to military hardware
    MSFS department sofar here at SOH (military aviation) : 2 pages, 1045 posts.

MSFS department sofar at AVSIM (Tubeliners and GA) : 68 pages, 64643 posts.

That boils down to about 1 Spitfire in 60 7X7's,Airbuses, Cessna's and Pipers.

Btw, i can't wait to see a more or less battered steam gauge cockpit in MSFS as opposed to all of these spic & span, supercleandreammachine uninspiring glass cockpits.. Blèhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    "Cost" is in the eye of the beholder.... I'll pay for that which I value...

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Does this mean Hello Blender, Bye Bye 3dsMax ??...
    wow....3DSMAX IS the premier building tool of the entire industry of games, movie production and more. It is a prerequisite to even getting into a interview for a job with a gaming company. If your not fluent with 3DSMAX you are out the door.

No...Blender is free... for now, 3DSMAX is big money. MSFS will support many cad programs and of course it will support Blender and 3ds max as well as a TON of other cad programs as long as they can save the file in a format acceptable for the MSFS compiler.
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    There is a motion to change the name of this forum from "Flight Simulator 2020" to MicroSoft's title "MSFS". I second the motion.
    +1

Now the name is official can we start using it please?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Btw, i can't wait to see a more or less battered steam gauge cockpit in MSFS as opposed to all of these spic & span, supercleandreammachine uninspiring glass cockpits.. Blèhhh
    The Robin is well-worn...but I agree, the more steam gauges the better
    MilViz Beaver looks the best hope for now, plus any FSX-XML models we can manage to import...

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    MilViz Beaver looks the best hope for now
    Agreed. I'm particularly looking forward to this one... but hoping it'll have 1) more flexibility with the textures and therefore paint kit (I did a lot of with the FSX/P3D version until I finally gave up with my repaints); and 2) even more options which can be toggled on/off so each individual can have the Beaver they want (e.g. option for floats, different wing tips, 2- vs 3-blade prop, pointed vs rounded vs no spinner, round vs rectangular cabin windows, regular vs tundra wheels/tyres, old vs modern gauges). My personal preference would be to have sufficient options to "backdate" a Beaver to those flown by the US Army, USAF and British Army. The more one looks the more one realises there is a LOT of variability between Beavers, ancient and modern, given all the options.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Sonic Solutions To Produce Audio Add Ons For MSFS

I'm happy to announce that I'll be producing new sound packs for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. I will be offering sound packs via my own site as well as other sites and market places yet to be announced. I will also be partnering up with third party developers who are creating aircraft and other content for the simulation and providing them with audio.

Having spent quite a bit of time with the new audio engine in MSFS called Wwise, I'm very excited to be using this engine again. I worked on the Mass Effect Series and Star Wars: The Old Republic using Wwise and know how powerful and solid it is.

Over the next few weeks I'm sorting through the SDK that I've received and all the documentation and getting the work flow sorted out. A big thanks to the folx at Osobo and Microsoft for helping me get set up and comfy. I've also been contacted by quite few developers looking for high quality audio for their planes and I hope to make some more announcements regarding that soon. More to come in the weeks ahead. Stay Tuned.

Cheers!

As to Civil vrs military types being represented in the sim, there are simply many more Gen Av and Air Transport types out there in the real world as well. A lot of aircraft out there such as the Beaver have been extensively modified over time as well. I flew three different Beavers and no two were remotely alike. Find three more Beavers and still I'd guess no two alike.

I do hope that Milviz or someone comes up with a good Corsair, the P3D Milviz FG1D was probably the most realistic with regards to operation and performance within the confines of FSX/P3D.

Members who have read this thread: 0