May be interesting...
    ...seen on simviation.com..

see: https://simviation.com/1/browse-Mili...rk=57905#57905

and also this additional little ZIP file

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SIM01.JPG   SIM2.JPG  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Nice RIMPAC ship but... a vertical wake.

Hello everybody

meanwhile I´ve installed Dustin´s USS Carl Vinson "RIMPAC layout" on my FSX in the ship hangar using it with AI Carriers...

I´am running a lot of different ships from different sources... Now - for the first time - I have a problem with the wake of Dustin´s ship. Starting it with AI Carriers I saw only a wake going vertical...no wake on the rear...

Therefore I took a look into the sim.cfg. I found no effects. So I added the effects of the AI USS Nimitz to the sim.cfg of the Carl Vinson:

[Effects]
    wake = voo_wake_carrier

I select this modified Carl Vinson again in AI Carriers. Now see the pic below. I have my rear wake and additionally again this damn vertical wake... It seems the effect/wake is coded in the model MDL I assume ...or what?

I`ve never had such a problem. Searching in the net I have to notice that this kind of problems are only described for P3D.

Is there anybody with the same experience and/ or - better - has somebody a solutio for it?

Greetings RS

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-7_23-13-49-976.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Problem solved

Hi everybody,

the vertical wake problem is solved. You have to look deep and you will find mostly a solution...
    After all I´ve found a thread about a "Carrier Wake Break up Fix" in the FsDreamTeam forum...

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2481.0

to notice that I have fixed this problem years ago when installing Javier´s Nimitz:
    You have to neutralize a bad guy - the "fx_wake_carrier.fx" file in the effects folder. So I´ve checked the folder, found a neutralized fx_wake_carrier.fx.OFF file as well as another "active" fx_wake_carrier.fx" file. This copy must be placed in the effects folder for my part again when installing another AI ship in the last weeks or months...

I changed it also to a *.off file - and see the maritime FSX Word was calm again.

RS

Members who have read this thread: 1