Brian Gladden's Norseman
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Brian Gladden's Norseman

  1. #1

    Brian Gladden's Norseman

    Anyone else flying this airplane that has a visible prop blur working? Really nice airplane for the age but it has no prop blur. Also, the Model folder has 4 mdl's, what are the "slow & still" mdl's for?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel and P3D_V4.5 | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  2. #2
    SOH-CM-2020 wellis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    2WA1 - Sequim, WA, USA
    Age
    67
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Anyone else flying this airplane that has a visible prop blur working? Really nice airplane for the age but it has no prop blur. Also, the Model folder has 4 mdl's, what are the "slow & still" mdl's for?
    Hi Ed, I have been flying it from time to time in P3Dv5 and it works well (as well as P3Dv4.5, FSX). I had to take the prop.bmp file from the "texture" folder which had USA texture and a proper visible prop blur and copy to the other texture folders and now they all have prop blur. I assume you are talking about the somewhat recent rework by AF Scrub.

    As far as the second question..no clue. :-)

    Correction: I am using a version uploaded to Simviation by Michael Pook, based on the FSX rework by AF Scrub. This was uploaded to Simviation back in August of 2016.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Hi Ed, I have been flying it from time to time in P3Dv5 and it works well (as well as P3Dv4.5, FSX). I had to take the prop.bmp file from the "texture" folder which had USA texture and a proper visible prop blur and copy to the other texture folders and now they all have prop blur. I assume you are talking about the somewhat recent rework by AF Scrub.

    As far as the second question..no clue. :-)

    Correction: I am using a version uploaded to Simviation by Michael Pook, based on the FSX rework by AF Scrub. This was uploaded to Simviation back in August of 2016.
    Thanks, actually I'm using the one Brian uploaded here at Sim-Outhouse.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel and P3D_V4.5 | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  4. #4
    SOH-CM-2020
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, Vermont, United States
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,210
    How about a FSX Native version??? I Did a FSX conversion a while back when I was learning how to convert models with MCX. I need to make another run through it with some stuff I have learned in the meantime. I'll try to get it up sometime this week.
    You can't take the sky from me...

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    How about a FSX Native version??? I Did a FSX conversion a while back when I was learning how to convert models with MCX. I need to make another run through it with some stuff I have learned in the meantime. I'll try to get it up sometime this week.
    Hi Brian, that would be great. Excellent flyer either way though, Thanks!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel and P3D_V4.5 | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  7. #7
    SOH-CM-2020
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, Vermont, United States
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,210
    I had already uploaded a native version back in December but the one I just uploaded has a few fixes and now has reflective textures enabled and has has a generic Specular texture applied as well. Just uploaded and should shop up as soon as the Admins see fit
    You can't take the sky from me...

  8. #8
    SOH-CM-2020
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, Vermont, United States
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,210
    Uploaded Version 2 of my Super Pacer Conversion for FSX. Like the Norseman yesterday. It now has reflective textures enabled and specular shine added.
    You can't take the sky from me...

  9. #9
    That's awesome, Brian, thanks! Can't wait to check them out.

  10. #10
    A few shots of the Norseman, now with with reflective shine. . .thanks again Brian!

    Norse-2020-aug-4-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

    Norse-2020-aug-4-003 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

    Norse-2020-aug-4-004 by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel and P3D_V4.5 | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

  11. #11
    Thanks Brian for this nifty plane. I had the release from last December, and I'm sure this will be even better. I'll enjoy flying it tonight.

    Falcon409, where did you get that skin for N164UC? I saw that at Oshkosh last year, would like to have the skin.

    August

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    Thanks Brian for this nifty plane. I had the release from last December, and I'm sure this will be even better. I'll enjoy flying it tonight.
    Falcon409, where did you get that skin for N164UC? I saw that at Oshkosh last year, would like to have the skin.
    August
    It's my first one of several for the Norseman. I'll post it once it's complete. Just a few areas on the fuselage that still need attention.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

    Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel and P3D_V4.5 | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 230

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •