Error Code: 1-80004005

Thread: Error Code: 1-80004005

Error Code: 1-80004005

Greetings,

After much time and many misadventures, I'm back online. Among others disasters, the hard drive on my desktop died and I lost FSX, CFS2, and CFS3. The repairman was unable to save them. I'm very lucky I didn't lose all my data. Now, I did back up all my flight simulators. I had my complete installs copied to three external hard drives, all of which ended up failing. One was lost in a cellar flood. One I dropped, and the third was destroyed by cats. The drive with my music collection survived intact.

Things could have been worse. In the end I lost only my very latest downloads; I still had the vast majority of my installs copied to DVDs. I'll get everything backup in time. I successfully installed FSX on my new hard drive, and registered. I then installed Acceleration, seemingly successfully, but it would not register. I get an error message, "Error Code: 1-80004005". I have completely legal copies of FSX and Acceleration, and this error message did not occur when I previously installed the simulators. I'm wondering if anyone else got this particular error message, and if so, what they did to fix it. So far, other than the error message, the program seems to be unaffected, but then I also haven't had time to run the sim for any length of time, so there may be a nasty surprise in the near future. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

James, I also had a similar problem with registering Accel. after reinstalling FSX. I had to google that problem and in my case it actually came down to entering the registry, locating a particular line and changing a lower case letter to an Upper case letter. Simple as that. If you google "Unable to Register Acceleration" you will find those instructions.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Many thanks to Falcon and MrZippy. Once I found the registry key it wasn't a minute's work. I had to change "partmgr" to "PartMgr". I started FSX and the Acceleration Registration window came right up. Registration was immediately successful. NOTE: After I did that, FSX stalled. There was no CTD, but it sat there loading an inordinate amount of time. I shut down the program using Task Manager, and then started it again. This time it loaded with no issues. Thanks again.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR REGISTRY FILE. If you don’t know how, please google it. After I changed the setting to make acceleration work, the computer wouldn’t recognize my external drives. Had to restore the registry file for them to work again.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

SOH-CM-2017

Error code: 1-80004005 on starting FSX

Members who have read this thread: 0