How Does DCS Handle A New P.C. Build ?

Thread: How Does DCS Handle A New P.C. Build ?

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs

How Does DCS Handle A New P.C. Build ?

I'm going to start a new P.C. build, going to Windows 10, mobo, ....blah blah blah + fixings .....

My I.S.P. address and email will remain the same.

I read this on the DCS support Forum :

Home > Support > Technical questions > Authorization errors

Note: user must turn off OFFLINE mode on the same PC*. OFFLINE mode cannot be turned off from another PC even with the
    same user's login.

* on the same PC - it means exactly the same for both hardware and software. For example, changing BIOS or reinstalling
    Windows in offline mode will not allow you to log in.

The mode is unlimited in time, thus all network services (Manager of Modules, multiplayer, news) will be inaccessible.

More information you can find on forums:
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207670

If you get an error code 409 that means you are no longer able to play DCS.
    Also you can't enable or disable OFFLINE mode.

..... alright then, if I'm reading this correctly ...... I boot up DCS on this current P.C. .... go to it's start up screen and click on that little antenna icon thing at the top that says "OFFLINE MODE" .... play DCS for say 15 minutes in OFFLINE MODE .... shut down and say good bye to my old Windows 7 'puter and all of the stuff that I've not backed up .... do my new P.C. build ...... re down load DCS Beta and install .... this is where I get confused .... it says in the above sentence :

For example, changing BIOS or reinstalling
    Windows in offline mode will not allow you to log in.

.... now, am I going to be able to log back into DCS with my account and get all of my stuff ?

Can somebody help explain this this !

Thanks to anyone and all

Don

I never had any issues downloading,installing my modules on a new PC,especially now that Licence keys are unlimited.I don't think you'll have any trouble.If you do,Put in a tech support ticket and they will get it sorted.

Patrick

OK, thanks for the information.

I was always under the impression that if any hardware or the O.S. had changed while flying in DCS on say Friday night under Windows 7, mobo XYZ, Ram XYZ ..... and coming back to fly DCS on Monday with Windows 10, new mobo ABC, Ram ABC, Hard drive ABC, would get me locked out of the Authorization process. I'll give it a try with my new P.C. build in a couple of weeks .... and stay in ONLINE MODE.

Thanks

Don

I didn't do any of that. I built a completely new PC about a month ago and just re-downloaded the game/ installed and everything worked as it should.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I'm up and running, just had to re download DCS World ( I did not) install any of my modules into DCS World.... I put them all into DCS Open Beta to save space … I only use the Open Beta

After my lighting strike back in April that Nuked my 5 month old PC rebuild, once I got my new PC I just reset my passwords and re-downloaded everything and took the time to rebind everything which was a total headache. I really had no choice even though I had backed up all my old settings/bindings for DCS and P3D, the files were slightly different headers/names and I didn't feel like trying to attempt a cloning of the old files with the new headers/names (just as time consuming as re-binding). Besides that, my new rig had the RTX2080ti in it and the old graphics settings both in sim and in the NVIDIA software needed to be correctly set for to run DCS optimally on the new PC. That and the fact I went over to a HOTAS Warthog set (which the stick and throttle were delivered separately over a month apart which delayed me getting everything together). So here almost 5 months later am I fully up to speed for DCS once again. In all truth, the lightning strike ended up being a blessing in disguise as my new rig runs both DCS and FS2020 extremely well but I doubt the old rig would have run the latter as well.

BTW, I am really enjoying FS2020's beautiful sightseeing terrain BUT DCS is still my Go-To Flight Sim for complex high performance models. Hell, I rarely use it to do combat simulations.

I hope all goes well in you getting back on the map FlameOut!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0