NATTC Millington Home Page

Thread: NATTC Millington Home Page

NATTC Millington Home Page

A little more history/info on the way is was at NATTC Millington back then

https://www.gusky.net/Memphis/

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    A little more history/info on the way is was at NATTC Millington back then

https://www.gusky.net/Memphis/
    Definitely brings back memories. I reported there in mid November of 72. Left there for VF-101 Framp in March of 73. Coldest winter I had ever experienced in my life! And the picture of the barracks on the first page of that website - I am sure that is where I stayed. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Definitely brings back memories. I reported there in mid November of 72. Left there for VF-101 Framp in March of 73. Coldest winter I had ever experienced in my life! And the picture of the barracks on the first page of that website - I am sure that is where I stayed. NC
    Pete,

I heard they were built back in 1958, That building is still standing. It was converted to a personnel office then vacated.

I don't remember the barracks on that front page. These were my 2 homes back in the days. June of '68 until late Feb. '69

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barracks.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	78169
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I don't remember the barracks on that front page. These were my 2 homes back in the days. June of '68 until late Feb. '69

That bottom pic looks familiar. Those we south side right? All those wooden barracks were torn down. A lot of sidewalks that lead to no where now (what were those barracks.)

Not to mention a few vacant parking lots that once were for school and admin offices remain.

Hi Butch!

Yep, definitely Southside. At least, when I was in training there, AFUN P school, Avionics Fundamentals School and At 'A' school, all training was Southside. If I remember right,

The EM club was Northside.

The white barracks were the brand new ones that we were the first company that moved into. Just down the street from the Southside chow hall.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I guess I'll be the young one here then, spent the summer of 94 there.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    That bottom pic looks familiar. Those we south side right? All those wooden barracks were torn down. A lot of sidewalks that lead to no where now (what were those barracks.)

Not to mention a few vacant parking lots that once were for school and admin offices remain.
    The wood barracks where still there in 77 Ask me how I know! Good times. I stayed in the white ones in 80.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

'80 and '94 Children....mere children!

Members who have read this thread: 0