NATTC Millington Home Page
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: NATTC Millington Home Page

  1. #1

    NATTC Millington Home Page

    A little more history/info on the way is was at NATTC Millington back then

    https://www.gusky.net/Memphis/

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    A little more history/info on the way is was at NATTC Millington back then

    https://www.gusky.net/Memphis/
    Definitely brings back memories. I reported there in mid November of 72. Left there for VF-101 Framp in March of 73. Coldest winter I had ever experienced in my life! And the picture of the barracks on the first page of that website - I am sure that is where I stayed. NC

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Definitely brings back memories. I reported there in mid November of 72. Left there for VF-101 Framp in March of 73. Coldest winter I had ever experienced in my life! And the picture of the barracks on the first page of that website - I am sure that is where I stayed. NC
    Pete,

    I heard they were built back in 1958, That building is still standing. It was converted to a personnel office then vacated.

  4. #4
    SOH-CM-2020 MrZippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sam Clam's Disco, Calif.
    Age
    71
    Posts
    1,127
    I don't remember the barracks on that front page. These were my 2 homes back in the days. June of '68 until late Feb. '69

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barracks.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	78169
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I don't remember the barracks on that front page. These were my 2 homes back in the days. June of '68 until late Feb. '69

    That bottom pic looks familiar. Those we south side right? All those wooden barracks were torn down. A lot of sidewalks that lead to no where now (what were those barracks.)

    Not to mention a few vacant parking lots that once were for school and admin offices remain.

  6. #6
    SOH-CM-2020 MrZippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sam Clam's Disco, Calif.
    Age
    71
    Posts
    1,127
    Hi Butch!

    Yep, definitely Southside. At least, when I was in training there, AFUN P school, Avionics Fundamentals School and At 'A' school, all training was Southside. If I remember right,

    The EM club was Northside.

    The white barracks were the brand new ones that we were the first company that moved into. Just down the street from the Southside chow hall.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 46

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •