question on 2D cockpit panel (not VC)

Thread: question on 2D cockpit panel (not VC)

question on 2D cockpit panel (not VC)

Is it possible to use a new gunsight64.bmp for each aircraft in the 2D cockpit panel mode?

Are you trying to create a different reticle for individual A/C?

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    Are you trying to create a different reticle for individual A/C?
    Yes. I want to use this P-51D recticle in the 2D panel. I don't want to change it every time I switch aircraft.

OK there are two ways to do it. Either download these reticles and follow the installation guide http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=46&id=6573

Or you can do it the way I did. Use the blank gun reticle from the above download and leave the reticle blank. Then open your panel or gun site jpeg in a paint program and paint in whatever reticle you want.

Hi Andrew,
    I think(?) that if you put the gunsight64.bmp reticle you want into the panel folder of that aircraft, CFS2 looks for the reticle texture firstly in that folder, if it doesn't find it, it then goes to the main sim texture folder.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    OK there are two ways to do it. Either download these reticles and follow the installation guide http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=46&id=6573

Or you can do it the way I did. Use the blank gun reticle from the above download and leave the reticle blank. Then open your panel or gun site jpeg in a paint program and paint in whatever reticle you want.
    _486_Col_Wolf,

Thanks! I got it fixed now based on your suggestions. My gunsight64.bmp has 4 single dots in the center. I can use that aimpoint to adjust the guns.

Then I painted the recticle in the 2D cockpit panel. This way, I can have a custom gunsight recticle in each aircraft.

To Shessi: I think I have tried that method, but CFS2 still uses the gunsight64.bmp in the CFS2\texture folder.

But I got it fixed now.

Try slipping the moded gunsite64 into the aircraft texture folder , leaving the orginal in main texture , root file

Quote Originally Posted by AcWai View Post
    _486_Col_Wolf,

Thanks! I got it fixed now based on your suggestions. My gunsight64.bmp has 4 single dots in the center. I can use that aimpoint to adjust the guns.

Then I painted the recticle in the 2D cockpit panel. This way, I can have a custom gunsight recticle in each aircraft.

To Shessi: I think I have tried that method, but CFS2 still uses the gunsight64.bmp in the CFS2\texture folder.

But I got it fixed now.
    I found that way easier than creating a new reticle for every panel folder then messing with the panel CFG file. I tried it once but never got it to work right so painting the 2d panel was simpler.

I also found that doing a single line dull yellow followed by a thinner line bright yellow over it creates the illusion of a projected yellow reticle. This is my Spit gunsight. Some A/C have a seperate gun sight that need to be painted while others have the gun sight on the main panel itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Andrew,
    I think(?) that if you put the gunsight64.bmp reticle you want into the panel folder of that aircraft, CFS2 looks for the reticle texture firstly in that folder, if it doesn't find it, it then goes to the main sim texture folder.

Cheers

Shessi
    That will work but you have to put the necessary changes into the panel config file....never worked right for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0