My little thinkings on flight.

Thread: My little thinkings on flight.

My little thinkings on flight.

It is gonna be buggy, wild to see, beautiful, frustrating, dam expensive for add ons and in constant development... and patches will come to fix this and that and everything but eventually it will get there...

That's awesome!

Yes I will build for it, I will sit back a bit and watch and see what happens, but I have started two models for Flight but will hold off on the final push until I see how things go. They will FOR SURE come out for flight but I want to avoid unseen problems. Let others fall into those holes I will wait till the holes are filled in.

Its going to come at a time when we do need to make a move up to the next level.

Is it good for the average simer, I don't know yet, time will tell. But if it is a true simulator in the real sense, then not really. Easy mode is not a simulator, slIders for difficulty is not a simulator. Go to Boeing and try their simulator, there is no easy mode, no sliders make it easy, either you can fly, or you cant...that's a simulator...lol

But it definatly will offer a good experience and if add ons are done right, it will simulate a real feeling or real world taste of the real thing. It only goes so far when its not a real plane. sitting in a chair gawking at a screen can only go so far, but that's ok, its what we have and this one will give us a lot of goodies to look at while we try to figger out the proper starting procedure... but we will stick to it and we will get it.

Its good for our community and we need it. We cant sit here spinning our wheels with the same old this and that, we need a push...flight will indeed push you to the next level or you will just sit and spin.

It is not as hard as you think to build for either, there is a new format but as we did in the past we will adjust. We will take a big breath and we will step into the future because that is what we do, humans will always take up the challenge to go further, do better, try harder things...if we didn't we would still be clubbing our lunch to death.

Its going to be awesome...bumpy, and rocky and a little frustrating at first...but we will get it!

Its all good!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but what "I'm" hearing you say is that msfs2020 is little more than an updated FSX with more bells and whistles with more expensive addons ( 120 dollars for the PMDG 737NGX perhaps?? ). However I fully admit this is also my biggest fear. I fly X-Plane because there are only sliders for graphics, not difficulty and I fly those maxed out. I dont want a tinker toy any more..
    Squirells video on vertical takeoff seems to confirm the advanced fsx theory. That video almost made me decide not to buy it. I know Squirells computer. It isnt a slouch. So when I see graphics quality thats more on the line of Euro Truck Sim or ATS, I reallllly have to wonder.. Mayhap it was his personal preference, I dont know, but it made me wary of buying it..

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I’m using XP-11 also and have it pretty much maxed out. I really enjoy this sim and it’s a keeper.

i will be purchasing MSFS in the future after the hubbub dies down and bugs are fixed. It looks great but have been burned by Microsoft in the past. I’ll see how it goes.

BTW, I also have a 1070 video card and highly recommend it. Not a 2080 but much cheaper and entirely adequate.

What will be different for me with this is sim is that I am going to be extremely selective with any add-on aircraft and scenery that comes along. In fact, I see this is more of a world explorer simulation.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    What will be different for me with this is sim is that I am going to be extremely selective with any add-on aircraft and scenery that comes along. In fact, I see this is more of a world explorer simulation.

I'll second that. It's exactly what I always wanted to do since i started with flight sims back in 82 ( or was that anime? Or both??? ) the problem was even in fsx it wasnt possible, nor in P3D. X-Plane came close with their use of Open Street Map, but my house wasnt my house if you know what I mean.. Now?? Well, At least I;ll be able to see a 2D representation of my house and know its gonna be my house.. Better than nothing eh?? Aircraft I've got too much of, ( thousands and thousands across the big three sims ) I cant help myself.. I;m a frustrated collector.. I keep hoping with the next great simulator that we get greater diversity instead of just another 8 variations on the F/A-18 or thr P-51D or the P-38. In FS2020 I'd like to see a Latecoere Late-28, A DeHaviland Dove, a tri tailed Bellanca Cruisemaster or any of a thousand very worthwhile aircraft that oft times get ignored..

Considering the cost of the base offering, that's a couple of beers and a pizza. I can forit those for an evenings flight around some remote location I've never been.

This was particulary enjoyable to watch with no extras needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZynVJ_NayaI
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Blog Entries
    That video was particularly nice.. Thank you for posting it..
    I'm afraid that for myself, the base offering is slightly steeper than a pizza and a beer, which in itself is a luxury I can ill afford. However, Ive budgeted in the funds for the beginning of next month, and am looking forward too it. I have a sneaking suspicion that FS2020 will feel very much like FSX and P3D, but we'll see.. I want to explore. I want to eexplore everywhere from Ponchefstroon South Africa where a very wonderful and dear friend of mine lives, to Tokyo, and even my own heretofore unexplored home of Bend Oregon. Can I see my house from there???
    One of my main curiosities however, is the mechanical philosophy of the sim. I noticed that Microsoft did a side by side between AMD and Intel, and for good cause. The philosophies behind the two chips are incredibly different. Whereas Intel still works best with single core technologies, AMD has pushed parallelism to new levels. Whereas intel uses speed to push each frame through too your monitor, AMD takes as many frames as its buffers will hold, slices them up into as many segments ans you have cores and shoves them through at an incredible rate. The result being that with intel, you get good performance basd on the quality of your chip, and with AMD you get fewer frames but hyper-smooth performance based on the massive throughput they are capable of delivering.. I'm very very curious about that.

Remember you can get the basic version for a month for £1 with a trial of the XBox game pass (its just words, you don't need an Xbox).
    That way you can try it out and check out Bend Oregon before investing.

I'm a beta tester and can only say it feels nothing like FSX and you won't be disappointed in VFR flying in small planes. I've certainly pre-ordered.
    Just keep expectations in check...anyone expecting Orbx TrueEarth for the whole world and a bunch of payware quality airports and aircraft out of the box

For me they could call it FSX2, FSX anything and as long as it being actively developed that would make me happy.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Well said, Thomas. I agree one hundred percent.

FSX was built on an old platform and once the Aces team disbanded, essentially left out in the cold to eventually die off. It was only the constant interest by the flightsim community which had helped to improve it through developer's addons and countless 'tweaks' to get the best performance and visuals from this dated 32bit platform. All of this tweaking and addon business led to many agonizing hours which often produced minimal improvements in both visual quality and performance. More often than not, this came at a cost of something else 'breaking' in the sim and eventually led me to where I started from. Spending countless weeks trying to improve a sim which no longer had developer support was hard. There were texture addons for sky, clouds, sun, water, airport aprons, grass, buildings, trees, roads; addons for AI traffic; weather engine addons; .... the list reads like an encyclopaedia. All came with no guarantees. I remember the long hours scouring the many forums trying to sort out incompatability issues etc.. The 'more time surfing - less time flying' scenario we have all encountered at one time or another.

I am just happy that MS has reincarnated this sim in a package which not only is 'all inclusive', but will continue to be fully supported and will continue to evolve well into the future. Sure, addons will always be welcomed by the community, but IMHO the new sim 'out of the box' looks pretty stunning and complete already.

MSFS2020 will have growing pains, no doubt....... but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 1