MAIW Scenery trees!

Thread: MAIW Scenery trees!

SOH-CM-2023

MAIW Scenery trees!

Hi All,

I dont know if this has been asked before or not, I didnt find much help in searching the forums. I have trees! Lots of trees where there shouldnt be any. Like taxiways and ramps. And runways lots of runway trees. All the sceneries are MAIW ones, like Martinsburg, W VA. I tried putting an exclude and a flatted for both sceneries (main and LC) and they didnt work. I can get the trees to go away with an exclude, but that takes the runway with it. I have searched for conflicting BGLs but didnt find any. so Im stuck. Its ammusing to see C-5s with big trees going out of them but doesnt add much to the realism.

Thanks,
    Sean

Sounds like the scenery maker had their autogen density set lower that yours. Try turning down your autogen scenery density and you should reach a level where those trees disappear.

SOH-CM-2023
    so I finally got back to this problem, and I turned the autogen down and that made the trees disappear. Is that the only solution for this?

Sean

Yes, if you want to affect the 'world'. If it's an airport or other specific area, you can make an exclude for that area...which works with excluding buildings and airport infastructure, although I'm not sure if that affects default gen scenery like tress etc?

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    so I finally got back to this problem, and I turned the autogen down and that made the trees disappear. Is that the only solution for this?

Sean
    Hey Sean, I’ve been having the same issue for a long time. I was thinking maybe it was the MAX VERTEX value in the FS9.CFG but now that I’ve read this, I understand it’s not that. So my question is, what is your new autogen value? I’d like to try your setting and see if it helps me as well. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was getting discouraged. Best regards, Jeremy

SOH-CM-2023
    I ended up using the slider control to adjust the autogen. I didnt look at it but Im sure it was around 1 (based on TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=X. I think)

Sean

Members who have read this thread: 0