AAF Station 121

Thread: AAF Station 121

AAF Station 121

Or, commonly called Bassingbourn.

I've been meaning to finish the C-hangars for station 121, and finally got to 'em. Four separate hangars, so, after I get it all packaged up, I'll upload it.
    Have three buildings not textured, but won't matter. Once I find enough info, I'll texture them, and update the files. This is for anyone who wants to try it, over the stock airfield.

Could easily have more buildings...another third the number, but my poor excuse for a computer, takes a good framerate hit now. Those of you, doing better than XP, shouldn't have any problems.

Here's a look...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails station 121.jpg  

Still have the original files of this you sent me years ago crossram, glad you are releasing it. I remember the first thing you asked me after I installed it, did you see the ammo bunkers,lol BTW, was your Dad stationed there during the war? I remember you telling about his job as a mechanic on aircraft I believe!

Hiya, Eddie!

My old man a mechanic?? Naw. Doin' good, to just walk straight. Yeah, he was in the 8th...in supply. Biggest thing he did, he was one (of many) that ran around England buying up white paint, for invasion stripes.

Blog Entries
    Hi Ted, are these the ones that had no windows? I did upload a mod to put the windows in some years back. All of your buildings are great, glad to hear you still have the source files!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Hi Ted, are these the ones that had no windows? I did upload a mod to put the windows in some years back. All of your buildings are great, glad to hear you still have the source files!
    And, all the airfield buildings you made are great, too!!!. Yep, fixed the window frames, and made seperate hangars, with the roof camo. Yeah, I know...lazy, old, slow, and so on.

Looks a lot better, though, including, with your great airfield files!! Could have easily added more little gory details, to make the field more detailed.

I'll add in here, and correct it, without 'Pat's great models tossed in, that helped alot...'!!!

I'll just toss in, AAF_station_121, makes Bassingbourn 'feel' much better, than the crap CFS3 gave, (like a bunch others), so take it for what it's worth!

Yikes!!

Guess I should assume the Warbirds Addons post is automaticly done, once uploaded?? (Remember, old and slow!! Ha, Ha!)

Anyway, it's up, and to your liking.

Any comments, or complaints, are most welcome!!

121 'should' have Elm trees, here and there, but I couldn't get the tree bit to work for me. If there's any takers, to give me a hand, ...

Members who have read this thread: 0