ETO Era Swapper not working Windows 10

Thread: ETO Era Swapper not working Windows 10

ETO Era Swapper not working Windows 10

Hello Everyone,

I finally got my audio issues sorted out with CFS3, now I'm just trying to figure out how to set up the ETO era swappers.

The issue I have is I start the MasterETOStartup batch file and whenever I go to select an era other than era one, the game for some reason won't switch to a different era?

Firstly, I'm assuming that I DO NOT install to the X86 folder as I would've in Windows 7, but just the regular Program Files/Microsoft Games Folder?

Has anyone here encountered this problem before?

Thanks for the help,

Chris
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Anything installed in the Program Files directory on the C drive is going to be restricted by Win 10. The primary thing that it does during install is make everything read only, so that the files can't be later changed by a virus. That means they also can't be changed by the Era changer batch file. With some hand work as an Administrator you should be able to change the permissions for the CFS3 install location and make the files read/write. Win 10 will resist your efforts...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Anything installed in the Program Files directory on the C drive is going to be restricted by Win 10. The primary thing that it does during install is make everything read only, so that the files can't be later changed by a virus. That means they also can't be changed by the Era changer batch file. With some hand work as an Administrator you should be able to change the permissions for the CFS3 install location and make the files read/write. Win 10 will resist your efforts...
    What sort of handy work did you do to change the permissions for the era swappers? I've only got one hard drive and can't install them anywhere else unless I get a portable hard drive. I'm sure there's some trick to it, but what it is I can't seem to figure out how to make CFS3 Era Swappers work.
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

1. I take it you have looked at the stickies above? I don't think what MM is saying has anything to do with only 1 HD. Just put in the main C drive and change the settings to XP SP:3 compatibility and run as admin.
    I assume your batch file is indicating the correct place for your install?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Grover1, like Mongoose says, you will need to remember to get all the pathways edited and correct for your install. I have several installs directly in the C: pathway, avoiding Program Files folders. They run fine. But finding and editing the pathways in the batch folder is a common culprit.

Members who have read this thread: 0