Mingaladon, Rangoon, Burma

Thread: Mingaladon, Rangoon, Burma

Mingaladon, Rangoon, Burma

Mingaladon, Rangoon for FS9 7/20

Mingaladon, Rangoon, Burma. Now Yangon International airport, Myanmar was a base for RAF Hurricane's and Buffalo's and one sq of American Volunteer Group (AVG) Flying Tiger's before being overun by the Japanese in early 42. Ive made the scenery to represent the Japanese occupation, although you can remove the Oscar's and ground vehicles by removing the "static-KI-43.bgl" from the scenery folder

Ive made up a FS2004 scenery library bgl from the CFS2 airfield object's bgl, not sure if i'll get into any trouble but i'd thought i'd give it a go,

The Oscar is the old CFS2 stock 43 overhauled by "The B24 Guy" and converted to scenery object by Fulbert

VERY IMPORTANT----
    If you've recently downloaded my RAF Chittagong scenery, look inside the Chittagong/scenery folder and remove these 4 files

000_VYYY.BGL
    0_VYYY_VTPX.BGL
    VYYY_VTPP.BGL
    VYYY_ADE9_ADE.bgl

I accidentally left them in the Chitt scenery and they may cause conflicts

Thanks Ian, I have the feeling there isn't that much Japanese WWII scenery. So this is very welcome.

Cheers,
    Huub

Many thanks Ian,

Nice to have something different and another theatre to fly and from.

TBH I've been eying up a few Betty's(!), with a view to make a much better one...so we'll see.....

Cheers

Shessi

Ive been flying some of Akiem's creation's and i wanted somewhere suitable to fly from, Been reading a lot about the Burma theater just lately and ive been giving your 46 some airtime, for a while they flew unmolested over Burma and the Bay of Bengal taking piccie's, that all changed when the RAF started to take delivery of the Spit VIII

Very interesting!

Thank you!

Say, Ian I'm getting a CDT on loading the scenery. I did remove: 000_VYYY.BGL, 0_VYYY_VTPX.BGL, VYYY_VTPP.BGL, VYYY_ADE9_ADE.bgl from RAF Chittagong scenery. Any ideas?

Steve
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

I wonder if its the same problem you had with my Chitt scenery

Well it's taken days of trial and error but I found the conflict with your scenery Ian. The main issue was with a scenery called "EAMS Flying Boats". Also "Ford-India-Project" had a conflict (VYYY), as well. Those bgl's were removed and there was no problem. One question though, what's up with this fellow? Many thanks for all your wonderful scenery that I enjoy very much.

Steve
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

One question though, what's up with this fellow?
    Your welcome, but whats up with what fellow, what am i looking at thats wrong ?

Judging by the tie-downs, it's a floating stationary AI. Looks like one of Bill Lyons and will either be operating off a default AFCAD or another Afcad at the same location. It's a problem to do with the scenery library hierarchy. Try moving Ian's scenery down the scenery list.

Or possibly a rouge traffic file from a previous scenery, have a look in FS9/scenery/World/scenery for any VYYY traffic

Yes, that was a stationary aircraft artifact from the Ford-India-Project. Once removed from the Scenery/World folder it was gone.

Members who have read this thread: 0