Wacky tail wheel

Thread: Wacky tail wheel

Wacky tail wheel

I've tried figuring out what's going on, with the tail wheel, on my CFS3 model. Still nothing, so here goes.

Two things. One is once moving, on anything but smooth ground, the gear bounces all over the place...bad.
    Second, after taking off, once off the ground, the c_gear moves halfway up, by itself.

Any ideas what I should look at?

Thanks!

Which objects have you animated in the tail gear hierarchy? If anything, the gear should hang down a bit after takeoff, so it sounds to me as if you have, say an oleo animation reversed and a wheel fork also animated, but correctly. Or possibly the other way round. Hard to tell without a hierarchy to look at.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Besides the c_gear doors, the only other animated part is the c_gear 'arm' that retracts. The fork, tire, and wheel work off the pivot point.

I'll get a parts list up, and a pic.

Appreciate it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C2 model2.jpg  

I'm not sure if the problem is in the animation, or in the aircraft.cfg. Never had this problem before.

Pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg   Image2.jpg  

I'd expect to animate the object that retracts the gear (keyframes 1-50) as well as the fork that does the oleo animation (frames 51-100). Make sure your animations are linear for both movement and rotation.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Prima donna stuff.

A little lazy on my part, only animated 0-50...re-animated, adding 75-100, and all's well.

There had to be a reason, glad you found it! Thankfully we didn’t have to do contact points too...
    Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0