Niagra Falls

Thread: Niagra Falls

SOH-CM-2023

Niagra Falls

Hi,

In my never ending quest for old scenery packages;

Apparently there was a package for Niagara Falls in the SDK from Microsoft. Does anybody have that package or know where I could find it?

Thanks,
    Sean

There is a pair of sub-folders in the Terrain SDK, in the Samples folder, for Niagara Falls and Niagara Falls With Seasons.

A quick peek at the documents didn't reveal anything at all about how to use them or how to turn them into something you can use. They are not sceneries that can just be installed and activated in the usual way.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    There is a pair of sub-folders in the Terrain SDK, in the Samples folder, for Niagara Falls and Niagara Falls With Seasons.

A quick peek at the documents didn't reveal anything at all about how to use them or how to turn them into something you can use. They are not sceneries that can just be installed and activated in the usual way.
    Well huh. Thanks for the info. I was flying around the area and noticed my install looked a little wonky and so I do what I always do, look for an upgrade! Google search leb me to the Niagara info.

Sean

An Upgrade suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Well huh. Thanks for the info. I was flying around the area and noticed my install looked a little wonky and so I do what I always do, look for an upgrade! Google search leb me to the Niagara info.

Sean
    If you need to upgrade Niagara area, may I suggest Flight Ontario's Toronto Scenery, which includes an entirely re-modeled Niagara Falls and Escarpment alongside VFR objects in the area, and with mesh terrain adjustments/flattens and all photoreal complete all-seasonal textures with complete autogen, notwithstanding the Ontario Landclass to supplement the scenery outside the golden horseshoe area (Hamilton photo scenery also recommended from the same team - completes the Southern Ontario experience); Ultimate terrain Canada is recommended, but the scenery also works well without it.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfebee89 View Post
    If you need to upgrade Niagara area, may I suggest Flight Ontario's Toronto Scenery, which includes an entirely re-modeled Niagara Falls and Escarpment alongside VFR objects in the area, and with mesh terrain adjustments/flattens and all photoreal complete all-seasonal textures with complete autogen, notwithstanding the Ontario Landclass to supplement the scenery outside the golden horseshoe area (Hamilton photo scenery also recommended from the same team - completes the Southern Ontario experience); Ultimate terrain Canada is recommended, but the scenery also works well without it.
    Wow, that was awesome, Thank you Wolfbee!!! I am very impressed. New Screenshots to follow for the area!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfebee89 View Post
    Is that freeware?

Quote Originally Posted by jrbirdman View Post
    Is that freeware?
    Flight Ontario stuff... absolutely; see for yourself...

http://www.flightontario.com/

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0