Merignac airfield, Bordeaux FS9

Thread: Merignac airfield, Bordeaux FS9

Merignac airfield, Bordeaux FS9

Merignac airfield, Bordeaux. And Meucon, Vannes for FS9 by Ian Elliot 7/20

Meriganc, near the city of Bordeaux, France was a large airfield used by the Luftwaffe for anti shipping operations.
    Flying FW200 Condor's and later in the war He177 Grief bombers in operations over the Atlantic and the bay of Biscay.
    Ive also included the smaller airfield of Meucon, Vannes on the Brittany coast which was home to Do217 units

A big thank you to Shessi and Chris for providing a static aircraft library from their team's FW200, He177 and Do217, you guys have done me proud on this one

all other objects should appear if you have Wolfi's objects and my other Lufwaffe scenery's installed

The airfields are lite on buildings but heavy on statics, and due to the large size of the aircraft , to taxi
    around the airfield can be tricky, if your landing on R05, best to exit right, and go the long way round, and if you use parking 5 and 6, its best to follow taixway anti-clockwise to R29 or R23. Smaller single engined aircraft should't have a problem :-)

Hi Ian,
    Great stuff, many thanks. A busy airport very nicely put together, love it!

I'm off to sort some allied shipping out...and hopefully missing those pesky Mossies!

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks Shessi, been flying around the area a lot in the 177,engine's haven't caught fire once

Thanks Ian!

Blog Entries
    That's a nicely done historical airfield. Thank you Ian.

Bordeux and Vannes Meucon

Hallo Ian,
    thank you a lot for both airfields
    I' m more pleased that you added also Vannes-Meucon airfield
    It is a sort of my home base as it is about 60km from my home in Brittany.
    Vannes-Meucon was beneath Lorient Kerlin-Bastard an important airfield to defend the
    U-Boot base Keroman. The region was called "The Hell of Lorient" not only in cause of her massive Flak but also in cause of the Messerschmitts at Kerlin Bastard and the FW 190s at Vannes-Meucon.
    Compared to scenery that show the today Vannes airfield what a difference !
    Thank you again Ian
    Yours
    Papi

Vannes-Meucon

Just an fly over of Vannes-Meucon
    Yours
    Papi

Vannes-Meucon back in her Splitterbox

After mission back in her Splitterbox
    Yours
    Papi

Your welcome Papi, you mention'd a few weeks back that Meucon was your local airfield so i thought i'd suprise you, I found a period map from the war which made you work easy, and it fitted within the default FS9 airfield boundy, so i didnt have to do any ground poly's, It was very quick and easy to do. It looks very peaceful in your screenshot's, but the airfield was hammer'd by the Allies in the build up to the Normandy landings

Vannes-Meucon airfield

Hi Ian,
    thank you, yes your Vannes-Meucon airfield was a very nice surprise.
    Today when you visit the airfield you would not find a lot remaining from war times.
    There are some old hangars hidden in the north east sector, but I m not
    that they are from Luftwaffe times.
    Since a long times I searched a map concerning Vannes-Meucon at war time but never found.
    I added runway lights and ils and ndb to the scenery as at the sparse info I have it seems that the airfield was
    equiped with german comparable devices
    Now your Vannes-Meucon airfield is my start up airfield for my FS2004
    Yours
    Papi

Members who have read this thread: 0