Uss forrestal cv-59

Thread: Uss forrestal cv-59

Uss forrestal cv-59

Hello, my best wishes to everyone, I hope you are taking care of yourself, with some time these days I was able to work on the project for the CV-59 USS FORRESTAL, which will be published in SIMMARKET,

- Trip USS FORRESTAL
    - Uss Forrestal 60`s
    -Uss Forrestal 90`s

Air Wing for that period of time with different aircraft

Animations and Lights include in the model

-Radar.

-Flags.
    -Crew.
    -Elevators. *
    -Elevators doors. *
    -Blast hangar doors. *
    -LSO officer. *
    -Perimetral White lights. *
    -Carrier number light. *
    - Positioning lights. *
    -Reflectors lights in the castle. *
    -SAR Helicopter. *
    * Animation controlled by the user.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fotos.jpg   7.jpg   1.jpg   3.jpg  

Hello,

i just saw that the new model is on Simmarket.

Told in discreption that there is a version from the 60th and one from the 90th.

Could you please post some pictures from the model from the 1960th before i will buy this one ? Both versions are very different in real. Guns, radar, layout of the island and so on.

thanks
    Klaus

CIMOGT did a very nice work with this carrier. The USS Foresstal comes in the outfit from the 90th. Very nice.

But as ever.... that was not enough for my fleet. Would like to have a version of the Forrestal of the 60th too. And much more ... all the other ships of this class also. So i asked CIMGOT for permission to change his models to all this versions an i got his permission to do so... but even for my own use.
    First .... that`s ok. Second ... i started to change.

Some shots from his original model from the 90th.

What a beauty.... Wonderful model.

After doing a lot of changes, i now get the right one from the 60th. USS Forrestal with guns and another bridge layout, as she looked in the 50th and 60th.
    Also with the right outfit of her backside.

To the left the USS Forrestal or the USS Saratoga (numbers not ready now... have to change this). Right side the USS Ranger and the USS Independence.

I think i will send the changes from all this models to CIMOGT when ready and perhaps (if he will find these ships god enough), he can update these models to all his customers for free. (Just a sugestion)
    That will bring another complete carrier class to sim.
    We`ll see what will be in future.

greetings
    Klaus

And first changes (work will go on... no changes on the island till now) to the 90th model from CIMOGT.

The USS Ranger and the USS Independence

greetings
    Klaus

Wished there was a 1980's air wing (CVW-17) added as well. From the late 70's to 80/84 time frame.

Then, I'd be interested in buying this one.

http://www.gonavy.jp/CVW-AAf.html

Smoke effect

Was there supposed to be any smoke stack effect?

If not, then how could one be added?

Aircraft included in the air wing for the 60`s

A-4
    F-4
    E-2
    RA-5C
    KA-3
    Seasprite

Aircraft included in the air wing for the 90`s

fa/18
    f-14
    c-2
    s-3
    seaking
    e-2

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Was there supposed to be any smoke stack effect?

If not, then how could one be added?
    With Model Converter X
    MickeyD

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey D View Post
    With Model Converter X
    I have that program but don't know how to have it add the smoke effect.

I suspected some one would suggest that however, I am not familiar with procedure to do so i.e. add smoke effect.

A lot of attached objects here (red circles) so which one is what? I watched a Utube show and tell on this subject - attached smoke to a building stact - only one attached object there.
    So, TEAM SDB, with image below, how can a the smoke be positioned where it needs to go? With all the attached red/green objects. hard to tell which one is the smoke. I tried to add a
    a smoke effect but it didn't show or animate, picked one in my effects folder.

I tried to follow this video

You can use FXeditor ( https://www.scenerydesign.org/fxeditor/ ) to see what each of the effects looks like.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    You can use FXeditor ( https://www.scenerydesign.org/fxeditor/ ) to see what each of the effects looks like.
    Here it is,,,,,fx_SmokeStack.fx it is animated smoke effect. I wanted to add this effect to the Forrestal (P3D V4.5)

Butch,

I posted how to add smoke and wake effects in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1202518

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Butch,

I posted how to add smoke and wake effects in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1202518

Joe
    I saw it and cannot adjust the smoke to where it should be. Tried the swag factor and got nowhere with that. Wish MCX would show that attach point so that I could adjust it on the fly.
    Trouble is, there are many attach points already there and cannot find the smoke attach point. Wish Walter (CIMOGT) would add it, I sent him a request to add one.

Butch,

When in MCX and you have added the smoke effect attach point. (which I can see you did in the pic) Open the AOE and in
    the right side of it find the entry for the smoke effect and click it. Now the RED box will turn Yellow and that is the attach
    point. (you don't see the effect itself just where it is located on the model)

Once you have moved it, you need to compile the model again. Then if you have the sim running while you are doing this
    you need turn off aicarriers then restart it. If you don't do this the sim will only see the last time the ship was loaded and
    reload the same config it had before you edited the model. It is a real PITA because you need to do this every time you edit
    the mdl.

The flight I use in sim when editing MDL's is setup on Midway islands in a helo. Then I slew out a mile or 2 in any direction
    start up AiCarrier and spawn the ship I am working on. Then go into camera mode (not spot view) and adjust the angle of
    the camera as to not see the helo and looking at the ship. Now I check to see if I need to adjust the position of the effect
    and if I do I will pause the sim go and open the mdl in MCX, make the adjustments and while it is compiling go into sim
    un-pause and delete the ship in AiCarriers. Then turn off AiC and restart. And do this as many times as needed to get the
    effect in the right position, all while the sim is running in the same flight.

Hope this helps.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD

Butch,

When in MCX and you have added the smoke effect attach point. (which I can see you did in the pic) Open the AOE and in
    the right side of it find the entry for the smoke effect and click it. Now the RED box will turn Yellow and that is the attach
    point. (you don't see the effect itself just where it is located on the model)

Once you have moved it, you need to compile the model again. Then if you have the sim running while you are doing this
    you need turn off aicarriers then restart it. If you don't do this the sim will only see the last time the ship was loaded and
    reload the same config it had before you edited the model. It is a real PITA because you need to do this every time you edit
    the mdl.

The flight I use in sim when editing MDL's is setup on Midway islands in a helo. Then I slew out a mile or 2 in any direction
    start up AiCarrier and spawn the ship I am working on. Then go into camera mode (not spot view) and adjust the angle of
    the camera as to not see the helo and looking at the ship. Now I check to see if I need to adjust the position of the effect
    and if I do I will pause the sim go and open the mdl in MCX, make the adjustments and while it is compiling go into sim
    un-pause and delete the ship in AiCarriers. Then turn off AiC and restart. And do this as many times as needed to get the
    effect in the right position, all while the sim is running in the same flight.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Wow. I will try all this. Hopefully, I'll be able to find the attach point.

Look at this video at 1:24 where the attach point is found and how it is moved thereby revealing where the position values are.

Yes, the attach point will move if you change it's position while you are in MCX. It will always be yellow unless you click on another attach point.
    You have to have the Attached Object Editor open (AOE) and in the left column click (it will highlight) on the smoke effect entry. Then in the right
    column is where you make your adjustments.

Effect
    EffectName = fx_Ship_smoke
    EffectParameters = 0
    General
    AttchPointName = attpt_smoke00
    Orientation = (leave as is)
    Position = (15.50; -55.00; 19.00) <<< This is where you make the adjustments

1st set of numbers are for left/right, 2nd set back/forward, 3rd down/up all from center line of the model.

When you first add the effect all the numbers will be 0 (0.00; 0.00; 0.00) and the attach point will be in the center of the model. Now unless there is
    another effect centered on the model you may not see your attach point. But change the first set of numbers (1.00; 0.00; 0.00) and now you should
    see the yellow box to the right of center point. If you put a (-) before the first number (-1.00; 0.00; 0.00) if will be to the left. On a carrier it will always
    be to the right. Then the 2nd set of numbers you'll want to move it backwards towards the stern. (1.00; -1.00; 0.00)
    The last set of numbers depends on the effect you are using. The one I used is (fx_Ship_smoke) not the one you are using (fx_SmokeStack.fx)
    I found that using that one does not look good on a ship. But the one I used sits to high if the attach point is on top of the funnels so I lowered the
    attach point. This is where having the sim running while doing these edits helps as you can then see if you need to move it up or down back or forward.

If you open the Fletcher I gave you, you can see how the smoke effect attach points are below the ships hull and behind the funnels. But in sim the
    smoke is coming out the center of the funnels. You can also change the direction the smoke is flowing (see pic) you can just barely see it but it is flowing
    sideways out of the funnels. That is a lot more work and a slow PITA.

Joe

Yes, the attach point will move if you change it's position while you are in MCX. It will always be yellow unless you click on another attach point.
    You have to have the Attached Object Editor open (AOE) and in the left column click (it will highlight) on the smoke effect entry. Then in the right
    column is where you make your adjustments.

Effect
    EffectName = fx_Ship_smoke
    EffectParameters = 0
    General
    AttchPointName = attpt_smoke00
    Orientation = (leave as is)
    Position = (15.50; -55.00; 19.00) <<< This is where you make the adjustments

1st set of numbers are for left/right, 2nd set back/forward, 3rd down/up all from center line of the model.

When you first add the effect all the numbers will be 0 (0.00; 0.00; 0.00) and the attach point will be in the center of the model. Now unless there is
    another effect centered on the model you may not see your attach point. But change the first set of numbers (1.00; 0.00; 0.00) and now you should
    see the yellow box to the right of center point. If you put a (-) before the first number (-1.00; 0.00; 0.00) if will be to the left. On a carrier it will always
    be to the right. Then the 2nd set of numbers you'll want to move it backwards towards the stern. (1.00; -1.00; 0.00)
    The last set of numbers depends on the effect you are using. The one I used is (fx_Ship_smoke) not the one you are using (fx_SmokeStack.fx)
    I found that using that one does not look good on a ship. But the one I used sits to high if the attach point is on top of the funnels so I lowered the
    attach point. This is where having the sim running while doing these edits helps as you can then see if you need to move it up or down back or forward.

If you open the Fletcher I gave you, you can see how the smoke effect attach points are below the ships hull and behind the funnels. But in sim the
    smoke is coming out the center of the funnels. You can also change the direction the smoke is flowing (see pic) you can just barely see it but it is flowing
    sideways out of the funnels. That is a lot more work and a slow PITA.

Joe

I am using v1.40 mcx

Screen shot of all the buttons pushed and I'm not seeing the attach point that I compiled.

Edit: as I click on all the attach points, I can see little yellow squares appear and go out when I click on another attach point, but when I click on the smoke effect, nothing, nada, no yellow
    square that I can see. I am looking near the island where I would expect to see the smoke effect or the red/yellow square that represents it.

First close the Event Log to give you more screen so you can see everything. (top row all the way to the right. Show/Hide Event Log)

Next as you are using my edited number that are for Sara which is a some what smaller carrier. (although she was bigger (not by much)
    than an Essex class carrier) the attach point could be anywhere.
    Try this to see if you can spot it. Click on Coloured Render Mode and change the first set of numbers from......

(15.50; -55.00; 19.00) to (35.50; -55.00; 19.00)

And see if the attach point shows up outside of the ship. If it don't increase the number
    from 35 to 45 and so on until you see it. Then you can adjust the forward/back, up/down, then do the left/right until it's where you want it.
    Also make sure to go back to wireframe mode after you locate the attachpoint.

Joe

First close the Event Log to give you more screen so you can see everything. (top row all the way to the right. Show/Hide Event Log)

Next as you are using my edited number that are for Sara which is a some what smaller carrier. (although she was bigger (not by much)
    than an Essex class carrier) the attach point could be anywhere.
    Try this to see if you can spot it. Click on Coloured Render Mode and change the first set of numbers from......

(15.50; -55.00; 19.00) to (35.50; -55.00; 19.00)

And see if the attach point shows up outside of the ship. If it don't increase the number
    from 35 to 45 and so on until you see it. Then you can adjust the forward/back, up/down, then do the left/right until it's where you want it.
    Also make sure to go back to wireframe mode after you locate the attachpoint.

Joe

Joe,

Thanks for all the "pointers" for sorting this out.

I pressed all the buttons in MCX you suggested and I never did find that attach point for the smoke effect however, using an existing attachment near the stack (light) I was able to use those position
    numbers for my stack and was then able to see and dial in the numbers and watch the yellow smoke square move. Having said all that, I positioned the yellow square over the stack and try things
    out in P3D. I had to do more tweaking in MCX to lower the smoke effect lover inside the stack, (when I input a lower value in the position, I could see the yellow square go deeper inside the stack.

Although the smoke effect looks to be positioned directly over the stack, the back of the smoke plumb is a little high. I was hoping to see smoke pouring closer to the top of the stack and not as
    high as you see in my screenshots. Could it be the something with smoke effect itself?

Smoke base too high above top of stack

Much better now

I was using the wrong smoke effect.

Nice looking carrier.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0