CFS3 campaign briefing & debriefing text mod.zip

Thread: CFS3 campaign briefing & debriefing text mod.zip

CFS3 campaign briefing & debriefing text mod.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 3 Other Add-Ons - Missions and Campaigns

Description: CFS3 campaign briefing & debriefing text mod
    by 33lima
    Version 1.1
    July 2020

FROM THE README (which also contains the simple installation instructions)

What it is and what it does

This is a simple replacement for the file which generates most of the text you see in CFS3 mission briefings and debriefings. It's only for campaign missions. It does not work for scripted/single missions, which have their own briefings, or for Quick Combat missions.

It does not change the size, format or appearance of the panels in which this text is displayed. Just the text itself.

Despite some built-in variability, the stock briefings and debriefings are a strange mix of the dull and the melodramatic. And the mission objective is stated three times in very similar terms. This replacement's text is less prosaic, more whimsy than cheesy, and mostly less repetitive. It will get stale, but better stale, than stale and dull!

The style is slightly more suitable for the RAF, but should not look too out-of-place for any nationality.

I have not changed the 'flavour text' (stuff like 'Don't mistake P-47s for FW109s') for the US or German sides, just for the RAF (which is now items from from 'Sailor' Malan's Ten Rules for Air Fighting, so more suitable for fighter than bomber pilots). I could not find the source of the fixed advice at the end of briefings to check your waypoints and to issue orders, so these too are stock.

If you want to change anything, it is easy to edit this file using a text editor like Notepad.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS3 campaign briefing & debriefing text mod.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

This mod totally breaks the 1.50 campaigns, I get errors now anytime I select a mission to start on the map trowing errors about text in lines of the briefing xml.

SOH-CM-2020
    Thank you, 33Lima! I'm so glad you decided to upload! I have your test version happily installed in several of my installs. Thank you also for allowing me to include it in my upcoming Modified Stock Upgrade V3.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Seems like this is for CFS3 and not for the CFS3-ETO expansion.Will try it out on my stock/slightly modded-(textures,scenery mods) and let you know how it works out. Thank you for this added immersion to CFS3.

Members who have read this thread: 2