Manfred Jahn Douglas C-47 for Prepar3D Version 5

Thread: Manfred Jahn Douglas C-47 for Prepar3D Version 5

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Manfred Jahn Douglas C-47 for Prepar3D Version 5

This should make some people very happy.

Manfred has sent me the preliminary, pre-beta C-47 Dakota for Prepar3Dv5. I am doing basic testing, which at this stage looks very, very good, but while I have the model Manfred asked me to work out the complexities of updating the skins to be V5 compatible. The new model has the blue channel switch enabled, so we are fixing the notorious black metallic night textures but that plagued V4 and V4.5. I've taken the profiles I developed for the Boeing Stratos and applied them to all of my DAK textures I had done for previous earlier versions.

These skins are not back compatible to V4.5 and earlier, but I had updated those a while back, so all of my skins are available for FSX, P3D all versions and of course, V5.

For the skinners out there, I'll be doing a tutorial on V5 blue channel techniques once the DAK and Stratos are released. I'm also updating my other models that I have recovered or rebuilt...post data crash. It's a big nut, so bear with me friends.

I felt the DAK needed a priority, and Manfred is obviously keen to get the new "old girl" out the door, so here we are.

OK, here's the vid. Realize that I have upgraded all of my previous skins and added some new ones for V5. They are not all shown here, but the video speaks for itself.

FYI...Manfred is on Holiday for three weeks so it would be mucho appreciated if we respect his privacy. I'll be happy to field any questions you might have here, so ask away if the urge arises.

Enjoy

Last edited by gman5250; July 17th, 2020 at 18:25.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 7