Flight 19 doing the bahrain boogie!

Thread: Flight 19 doing the bahrain boogie!

Hybrid View

Flight 19 doing the bahrain boogie!

Hehe! Were Back.

Hey there, I sure don't know what the heck happened, but we are off again on another adventure, but Old Dudley and I were sure hopping to get some R/R on some nice beach watching all the young ladies and of course drinking some of the local brew. Shucks, we didn't even clear security on our flight when we were pulled out of the line by the airport police, and were told that we would not going to some nice Beach. Hehe, we were handed new tickets that would take us to Dublin, Ireland of all places. Now when arrived in Ireland the head Guru off our travel agents explained the new junket. Now, here is the kicker, we are to fly Jets with some type of cargo to somewhere in the Middle East! This is just great, they are known to shoot folks down there, but he told us NO PROBLEM Here I open my big mouth and told him his is more than welcome to take our place, of course, that went over like a lead balloon in church.

Might not be too bad flying these jets, the one Dudley and I will be flying is a DC-9-30,(as the attached picture show) We spent one day just checking the log book and other information concerning the DC-9 for any major problem during it's service time, and checking out the flight procedures of this here machine. Not too bad compared to some we have checked out, hehe flying this dude just might be a kick in the part you sit on. Today, along with some maintenance people, and a check pilot will be checking on how we would handle certain types of problems. Wow! really looking forward to flying this plane me think.

Well folks we will let you know how things went after our first flight to St.Gatien, Fr.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-jul-15-001.jpg  

Good Afternoon,

Flight 19 finish it first flight at St. Gatien, Fr. (LFRG). Some clouds, but at times we could see the Channel as we approached St. Gatien. Going to have a few hours in order to check out the planes and get any major or minor problems corrected. We had a few, but they were at the time no problem but who in the heck would know maybe just a small bug or a big bug.
    All aircraft check out real good conceding most had be setting at the airport at Dublin for some period in time, I believe. I would more than likely have a heart attack if we got any plane to use with very low hours, and a minimum amount of take offs and landings.

Hey, we started yee old garage heater, and made ready for our flight to LSGS Sion, which by the way sets in a deep valley of the local mountains. It was recommend that we fly at an altitude of around 15,000 feet. The bloody airport sets at 1581 feet. Whoa, in these mountain that is one heck of a difference. Word went around before take off when we hit the "mountains you are on our own!" Thought that it was kind of strange of being on our own, but when we got over those bugger I could see why! We showed a little icing on the wing, but not to bad flip on the de-ice and cut back the power and dropped like a rock. The cloud cover that we have been going thru for most of the flight cleared and had a good and clear vista of the Airport. Flaps down, gears down, and using the spoiler part time in order to slow this rascal down. Make a nice approach and at touch down the bloody poopie hit the fan!! No brakes, reverse didn't work, and the darn engines, I couldn't get them to reduce the power! One thing, if these folks were thinking about extending the runway, hehe I did it for them. Other than that no comment!

On checking for damaged on the DC-9, we were lucky that the ground was frozen and we had hardly any damage to the landing gear with the exception of all the tree branches and grass we collected was all over the landing gears, Old Dudley pointed at me and motion for me to start clearing the debris. He sure is getting bossy in his old age, come to think about it we both are getting older. hehe

Now you all take care with this virus that is going around. Stay tuned for the next flight and see if we can get out of SION without, well you all know what.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-jul-17-002.jpg   -2020-jul-17-001.jpg  

Good Afternoon,

We all got out of Sion LSGS without any scratches or dents which in it self prove we were darn lucky. This out bound trip we had a surprise visitor, A great big airplane! One of the pilot was hired to fly this bird out, boy! not me, said the little Yankee from NM. I sure don't how he got that 747 out of this canyon, but he did!

The remaining of the flight was uneventful at time you could see the ground and when over the Mediterranean Sea it clear enough so you could see the white caps and even a fishing boat or two catching dinner. hehe.

On landing at LIRF we had the same problems with the engine, which I shut down as soon as all the gears touch the payment. Well, we didn't run out of runway doing that but it sure helped. Dudley and I and a couple of mechanics worked on the bloody thing almost to dawn. We, think and hope we corrected the problem, if not we just might get rid of this
    DC-9.

Wow! one thing, even if it was take out the food was something to fight over it was just great, not to mention the local wine.

Our next flight will be from LIRF to LATI Tirnan, Albania. Hey, by golly, hope to see you there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-jul-18-001.jpg  

Hey, Hi everyone,

I was going to try to say the greeting in Italian, but crying out loud, All I could say in Italian is Pizza hehe and the people at the restaurant look at me like I was from another plant. Oh well, what I got to eat was just great. Next Flight it will be Greek food, sure hope me tummy holds up for all the different type of food we will try. Ok, please pass the Tums.

Well here we go, We left Rome, and flew over the city to see some of the ruins and gave a wave to the Pope at St Peters me think. Being in Rome was a thrill of a life time if you were interested in the Roman Empire, Which being an History student way, way, back in school. We ran into a little of the rock and roll type weather but it didn't last very. We were thru it fairly fast as we climbed up to around 20,000 ft. Larry had a problem with the CRJ-700 when both engine decided to take a break and flamed out. He did an air start and they fired up and away he went. Our problems with the DC-9 seem to have been corrected and we made a fair landing and the Brakes and Reverses all work and we were able to control the engine for a change

The airport at Tirana, Albania was a real nice surprise ground control was very professional for a smaller airport, sometimes at the smaller airport it almost every man for himself. Believe me it was a pleasure landing here.

Ok, here we go, Leaving LATI and flying over to LGMT Mililini, Greece.

Check the pictures, all as we fly over the city of Rome.

You all take care with this bloody virus going around.

Flight 19
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-jul-19-002.jpg   -2020-jul-19-001.jpg  

Hello all,

Hot Dog! Our flight from LATI to LGMT was one of the best one's we have had. The weather was clear all the way, just a little bit of a headwind at the altitude Dudley and I were flying. Real nice approach and, it I may say so myself a great landing. hehe. The flight was really uneventful we were just cruising along. Hehe, we pasted Mt. Olympios (Spelling) we thought that we would try to wake up the old head of the Greek Gods Zeus, but alas, he must have been busy fooling around the Virgins of Deli. Old Dudley thought I was crazy as a loon, maybe so, but it is fun.

Now back to the flight, we all were in a discussion about our luck concerning the present day weather, and hopping our luck with today weather would hold up for the remaining Flights, heck, being Flight 19 with our luck we maybe in a snow storm over the low land desert. lol.

On the serious side we are getting a little close to the area where our old buddy Achmed roams around. After all these years of the problems between Flight 19 and Achmed I thought that he has given up trying to knock the poopie out of Flight 19, in the pass we have avoided him like the plague, and in some cases out smarted him. Moses and I remember him like a bad toothache. But knowing old Achmed he has never forgave Willy and flight 19 out witting him way back when.

As our buddy Willy would say, "Bad to bidnes." We will be leaving Mililini, Greece LGMT today and head toward Ankara, Turkey LTAC.

Hey, again hope to see you tomorrow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-jul-21-001.jpg  

Hello!

Gee! So far with the weather our luck is holding out, hehe clear weather all the way! As reported yesterday this flight was from LGMT Odyssias Elytis, Greece to Ankara, Turkey. Flew over some rough looking land, and quite a few town and villages. Ankara Airport had all the goodie, NDB, VOR, and ILS sure made some thing easier. But as usual, being Flight 19, hehe this sure can't last long.

Tk and the CRJ 700 were having some issues and remained at LGMT and passed on that they would catch up ASAP! Moses03 joined us with his large Boeing 757. Sure was questionable it he and the 757 would be able to make the trip, noting, their were having some issue also, but alas, they hit the right button and away we all went. We are sure hopping that Moses03 can join us more often on our journey.

I sure have a feeling that we just might be heading for Iraq, but what do,I know heck we may turn to Northern Course hehe, does it really matter some of these folks shoot at almost anything, and believe me, I am anything hehe!

Enough of my whatever. OK, the next flight will be from LTAC Ankara, Turkey to LTCP Adiyaman, Turkey. Hey, if you feel like it grab a plane and join us, you sure would be welcome.

Just keep passing this on: Take care with you and your family with this here crazy virus that's going around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2020-jul-22-003.jpg   -2020-jul-22-002.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1