July 16th Development Update

Thread: July 16th Development Update

July 16th Development Update

The latest development update is now live on the MS Flight Simulator website: https://www.flightsimulator.com/july...opment-update/

There is a good amount of information concerning 3rd party development.

If you are signed-up as an FS Insider, there is also a new Development Roadmap in the Insider Home which takes us through the end of September, with indication of the next development roadmap being released in mid-September. Along with continued development and testing of the SDK through September, and release of more Partnership Series, the roadmap also indicates the Feedback Snapshot reports that will continue to be released on a regular basis following launch. As the Development Roadmap also indicates, a Beta Preview was released to testers today, with the Beta still on track for release on July 30th ahead of the launch date of August 18th.

Also, although this turned out to be old news that most everyone seemed to miss, the 4th post down in this thread by the owner of Track-IR, Jon Campbell, back on April 22nd, makes the implementation of Track-IR in MSFS sound promising and already likely well in the works: https://forums.naturalpoint.com/view...it=2020#p70446

That's great news about TIR John!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

That's good. I cannot imagine a flight simulator in the 21st century not supporting head tracking and/or virtual reality.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Since this line seems to have been lost on others I've seen posting elsewhere, it is worth re-pasting here from the same MSFS Dev Update I linked to above:

"Becoming a [Marketplace] partner doesn’t alter your ability to sell your content on your own websites and storefronts. Just like with FSX, you can continue to sell your content outside of our Marketplace. Becoming a Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace Partner essentially unlocks another channel for you."

This is good news for 3rd party.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 0