Microsoft Flight Sim....New Hardware

Thread: Microsoft Flight Sim....New Hardware

Microsoft Flight Sim....New Hardware

For those planning on getting new hardware, are there any suggestions on resources selling assembled high end gear...?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    For those planning on getting new hardware, are there any suggestions on resources selling assembled high end gear...?

Try New Egg .. they got a lot , but i don´t know ....

Seahawk72s, are you looking to build your own system, or looking for preassembled?

I'm looking at:
    Intel i7-10700K or AMT 3900X/XT
    Appropriate Asus ROG Strix motherboard
    Nvidia RTX 2070
    32GB RAM
    2TB SSD
    And an old hard drive for non-speed-dependent storage

You don't NEED that for MSFS, but it's more future-proof. I'm writing this on a rig I put together in 2011 that's still a decent performer because I had a pricey (then) 6 core i7.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Are you talking flight controls or PC?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Are you talking flight controls or PC?
    My bad, a pre-assembled PC...

Back in my writing days I reviewed a few Cyberpower PCs and they were nice rigs, though I've heard mixed reviews about their tech support.

Falcon NW is the top-of-the-line with amazing support, but they are pricey.

If your name means you're in the Seattle area, you should also check out Puget Systems -- good hardware and great support, but like Falcon, premium priced.

I've also seen rigs by BLD by NZXT, iBuyPower, and AvaDirect, and they were all good hardware, but I'm not familiar with how good their after-sale support is.

Can't help noticing this Alienware Aurora keeps winking at me now that MSFS is about to land on my doorstep (i9 10900KF,GF RTX2080Ti, 32GB DC HyperXFury DDR4XMP)

(here we go again, Finally the good ol days are back i.e. a new FS version gets released ipso facto buy a new computer! Love it ! )

I'm familiar with Dell and Alienware (in the Netherlands). IMHO great products and great service. Seems to me though that the quality has been going down hill a bit. (although i bought a Dell 32" curved monitor a while ago which i truly adore)

Thanks for the leads on the pre-assembled rigs. I going to take the pre-assembled route this time when it comes to upgrading my entire rig. My last pre-assembled rig was my old ZEOS 386SX-20 rig way back when, ever since then I built my own rigs. In fact I brought the ZEOS 386SX-20 to get my feet into flight simming! Prior to that I had a Leading Edge Model D with no hard drive and a monochrome screen. I really loved both of those computers.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

ha...I'm also in the Puget Sound Area. I just built a new PC about 1 month ago. All parts ordered from AMAZON/New Egg/B&H.

Total Build was Just over $2600

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    Gigabyte AORUS MASTER X570 MB
    NOCTUA DH-15 Chromax Black CPU cooler
    32 GB TRIDENT Z NEO 3600mhz RAM
    1TB WD BLACK SN750 nvme SSD
    GIGABYTE RTX 2080 Super 8GB
    Fractal Meshify S2 Case
    SeaSonic 850W Gold PSU
    Win10 Pro 64
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I reviewed a few Cyberpower PCs and they were nice rigs, though I've heard mixed reviews about their tech support.
    I purchased a Cyberpower rig a few years ago on the advice of another SOH member. It's still running strong and the two times early on I dealt with their tech support was great.

My two cents-
    Kevin

Late last year I purchased the pre-assembled Lenovo Legion T730 with the exact specs in my signature and I've been thrilled with it. I spent $1,800 for it at the time (before tax) as it was among the sales on Lenovo's website on Black Friday last November. I see the most similar versions currently running $2,300-$2,400 right now, but I would expect there to be good deals again come next Black Friday. Numerous reviews on Youtube.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; July 16th, 2020 at 17:53.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

SOH-CM-2023
    I purchased a Cyberpower 10 years ago. PC worked fine and I was satisfied with a minimum service request

I'm considering, for FS2020, from Cyberpower the following prebuilt:

The Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro about $2100 with modifications:

Corsair 275R Mid tower case
    Intel Core processor I7 10700K 8/16 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz) 16 Mb cache
    Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z490-V
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU air cooler w/PWM fan
    RAM/System memory 16Gb DDR4/3000MHz Corsair Vengence
    Video card GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8Gb GDDR6 Turing
    Power Supply 850 w Corsair RM series
    Primary Drive 1T WD Blue Series SSD
    Secondary Drive 1 TB WD Blue 7200RPM HDD

I don't intend to overclock.

That looks good, but if you're wanting this rig to keep going for a long time, I'd go ahead and get 32GB of RAM.

Even though FS lists 16GB for requirements, who knows what kinds of crazy add-on utilities people might come up with in the next few years. Better to have some headroom.

On suggestion here, I went with a Falcon Northwest rig, i9-900k, 32gb Memory, RTX2080ti 11gb. It came with an M2 1tg SSD but I installed a pair of Samsung 1tb Sata III SSD's and a Seagate Barracuda 4tb HDD. They configured the bays to accommodate the extra drives. I am totally satisfied with my acquisition, comes with a base 3 year warranty and water cooling. They also give you a ton of spare cable and connector hardware not to mention a lot of nice extras!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Memory is easily upgradeable. I went with 64 gb, GSkill Trident Z Neo with a motherboard that will support up to 128gb if needed down the road. I did do with a new display. LG 48" wide.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Before buying any new hardware, I'd first run the sim on your existing hardware. You might be surprised at how well it works. Just make sure you meet the minimum specs required. And be sure to have an updated version of Windows 10.

Members who have read this thread: 0