MSFS Preorder! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MSFS Preorder!

Members +
    I think that MSFS, using the correct name, stands on it's own two feet, without compare..
    As far as thinking that it is complete.. All we have seen has been Alpha releases, by it's very nature, & for testing purposes IS incomplete. A Beta release is normally a complete ready for release version that is for testing the final product. During Beta, the software is considered to be fixed, with no changing of the core.

With MSFS, tweaks & updates will be done on-line, just like Windows 10.

Also, we have no idea how long the Alpha testing has really being going on for, and the same goes for Beta testing. Maybe it has already been tested, Asobo & MS are not obliged to share that information.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

I wouldn't expect MSFS to have high fidelity flight models and systems (although it would be cool), on top of what we are already getting. I can see after-market stuff being produced as always. The weather engine alone is almost worth the price of admission, not to mention the scenery. I also don't expect them to provide global AI traffic either, except for generic stuff like we've seen in the past. They may have the data, but producing all the models and liveries would be mind-blowing, not to mention budget-blowing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post

With MSFS, tweaks & updates will be done on-line, just like Windows 10.
    That was my thought as well, no more new flight sim every 3-5 years, just like no more new operating system every 3-5 years.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    That was my thought as well, no more new flight sim every 3-5 years, just like no more new operating system every 3-5 years.
    Gid forbid, new flight sim every week!

Members +
    LOL, our friends at Avsim will start calling the weekly releases FS2020augweek3, FS2020augweek4 etc to stop confusing themselves.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

I hold back personally to do pre order of MSF2020, no any reason to do this:

- no any discount for pre order (constant rule of pre order on market)
    - no any new kind of stuff for people who did pre order (like bonus scenery, free aircrafts ect)
    - no early access for pre order (all bugs will be solved in next month?)
    - nothing more than I will buy it after 18th of August simply (dont rush!)
    - no VR support (the most important for me in the sim) and no Track IR support (disaster for me....)
    - poor, leaked feedbacks (people related to the simulators) except graphics (yep, it doesn't look good under the hood yet)

Perhaps I will take Microsoft XBox Pass for the one month - 1,5$ for the first month for new users (price for each month, MSFS 2020 will be included in acccess here - so here it will be demo for me , I will check it simply after release), so no big reason for me to do pre order. Im affraid it will be worse than unexpected premiere of Prepar3Dv5 with his first bugs in v.5.0 (solved now) but let me be wrong.

Till no VR I'm stayed with P3Dv5, I have still many new addons I haven't paid much attention to and a few interesting are coming still.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I figured this was all well established/known about by now, but since I had to direct someone to this on another forum who should have known all about this and didn't, I figured I'd re-post this here too...

As it has been since the start of the alpha testing, if you are signed up as an FS Insider on the MSFS website and go to the Insider Home page, the MSFS development team regularly publish Feedback Snapshots and Development Roadmaps. As the latest Development Roadmap shows, these Feedback Snapshots and Development Roadmaps are scheduled to continue to be released after launch, as the sim continues to be developed further by Asobo/Microsoft over the months and years to come, post-launch. https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-home/

Here is the most recent Feedback Snapshot (July 2nd). The wish list section is from the developers themselves - some items that are listed there are already in the sim but are top items still being improved upon by the dev team, while other items that are listed there are either in the process of being implemented or their is a goal of having those features added/implemented in the future.

The most recent Development Roadmap (July 16th)

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

As far as Tracker IR support, I think the wait is on the MSFS SDK support... maybe?!

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/view...p=70438#p70438

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by jon.campbell » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:16 am
    Hello,

We have now been in contact with the game producer to get support for TrackIR.

Jon Campbell
    Customer Support Engineer
    TrackIR
    NaturalPoint

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

As I heared Track IR started to work .
    Im waiting for VR news.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

New Feature

Track IR

Microsoft Flight Sim now supports Track IR. This must be configured outside of the sim in the normal method. Track IR is available in the following locations:

• Menu – Hangar
    • In-flight – Cockpit camera
    • In-flight – Chase camera

Scroll to the end of...
    https://www.flightsimulator.com/clos...86FiFUyKrYmnNU

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

MSFS is really looking impressive, and I am glad to read that TrackIR is supported. I’m looking forward to reading the reviews and learning more about how open the sim is to community support and modification.

One of the many reasons why I enjoy CFS2, FS9, FSX/P3D, and X-Plane 11 is due to the awesome support of the communities that surround each game.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Till no VR I'm stayed with P3Dv5, I have still many new addons I haven't paid much attention to and a few interesting are coming still.
    This might be of interest.

Poor Man's VR in MSFS

Blog Entries
    Okay, I was with YoYo. I would wait until it was released, I read the early reviews, etc., etc. After all, P3D V5 just came out recently, and they are still working out the bugs. I still need V4 for beta testing aircraft. So, what NEED or want do I have to buy the thing? I can wait.

Then I visited Microsoft's MSFS site and purchased the $130 (with tax) version. So much for will power and intelligence.

Hopefully, I won't be crying in my along with the rest.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Don't forget, you can do gamepass for just a few dollars to checkout the game before commiting. Even the base level cost is less than an evening of beer and pizza at my house. Hell, I just tanked my car at costco for $60! I am certain that with the thousands of person hours spent on development and millions of dollars invested, MS and its associates will continue to support and improve the platform for many years to come. We are on the cusp of a new flight sim era.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

In every interview with the Asobo/Microsoft devs, and there have been a lot recently, they state that day one of release is just the beginning of where they see this sim going. They say they are in it to continue developing this sim for 10 years or more. They plan to provide monthly, meaningful, free updates, including "World Updates" and "Sim Updates". The free World Updates, which will be released every 2-3 months, will focus on a specific region of the world at a time, and these updates will include the latest updated aerials from Bing, new hand-crafted airports, new POI's and new missions/challenges for that select region. The free "Sim Updates", which will also be released in a 2-3 month cycle, will include improvements (like bug fixes) and added features to what already exists in the sim (like VR support coming this fall). Asobo/MS also will be having their own "Paid DLC" (payware) released in the future. This will include helicopters, after they work out the physics/dynamics, and they said just yesterday that they plan on doing anywhere from 4-8 helicopters. They also mentioned yesterday that the updates that will happen to the sim to support accurate helicopter flight dynamics will come free among the "Sim Updates", so you won't have to buy the Asobo/MS helicopters if you only want to add 3rd-party helicopters.

BTW, I guarantee there is going to be a screenshot thread here of epic proportions after this sim drops next Tuesday.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 14th, 2020 at 16:19.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    BTW, I guarantee there is going to be a screenshot thread here of epic proportions after this sim drops next Tuesday.
    It's funny you brought that up, I was already thinking a few days after release there's probably going to be close to twenty pages of screenshots. I ordered more RAM for my system (From 8GB to 16GB) to hopefully be able to run this decently upon release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

Added a 10TB hard drive to my PC to hold all of my screenshots and videos!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    ...So much for will power and intelligence.
    You're not the only one, John...I just pulled the trigger too...after getting my internet upgraded to 1Gb/sec download speed! Still going to make the jump from 16 to 32GB of RAM this week on the FS machine. This thing looks incredible. Can't wait for the add-ons (A2A, MILVIZ, JustFlight, ORBX, and the rest) to catch up.

Kent

I went ahead and signed up for the $1 trial for XBox Game Pass. THat way I only spend $1, and can check out FS2020.

It's already downloaded, and just waiting to be unlocked by Microsoft.

Now, I just have to make sure to cancel the XBox Game Pass before the end of the month, lol.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Those of you who have down loaded the install, can you tell us how large the file is and how long it takes to download (Approximately, I have Comcast cable). I'm just trying to figure out if I can download it before I go to work tomorrow or if I'll have to wait until I get home.

The download only created the folder structure for me. It looks like it will not download the actual files till the sim is unlocked. Which for me is 10pm according to this info: https://www.flightsimulator.com/micr...release-times/

Apparently if you bought through MS (instead of Steam) you can just change your windows location to Kiribati, and it'll download the program, but not any of the extra stuff yet.

Well my FS2020 just got unlocked, and it is now downloading 91Gb. This is going to take a while. Will probably have to let it run over night, depending what DL speed the Microsoft servers will allow

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Well my FS2020 just got unlocked, and it is now downloading 91Gb. This is going to take a while. Will probably have to let it run over night, depending what DL speed the Microsoft servers will allow
    ....And across town, I am doing precisely the same thing.

Kent

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Well my FS2020 just got unlocked, and it is now downloading 91Gb. This is going to take a while.
    A mute button (Or no music at all!) would have been nice, so I don't have to listen to the same music over and over for the next 15-24 hours of downloading.....
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 1