Need a little help to fix this

Thread: Need a little help to fix this

Need a little help to fix this

This happened last night, after taking off the aircraft would suddenly go into a spin and crash. I was testing a couple of older FS9 legacy aircraft, first Tim Conrad's (Piglet) Helio Courier and all seemed to go well with it displaying shadows outside and in the VC as I have Steve's DX10 Fixer. I took off, all good climbing out, then all of a sudden it was tumbling and spinning around like crazy. I had no idea what was happening there, I thought perhaps it might be a bad airfile it has. Bummer. I had to end the flight as nothing would stop it except the slew which would put it back on the ground. Thought it was weird. Decided to try the FS9 Carenado C182Q with its fsx update and the same thing happened. I restarted FSX, nope same thing happened, restarted the PC, nope same thing again. The default Cessna 172 doesn't seem to be affected, weird. Then I got in the A2A P-51 and the same thing happened, it tumbled and spun around down to earth like the others, bent its prop, and essentially having to start again with a new engine, new airframe, etc. losing the hours that I'd built up with it.
    I checked the FSX update for the C182Q, nothing wrong with it. Checked the Helio, nothing wrong with its airfile. Removed them, same thing still happened with the A2A P-51 as above. Tried the default C172 and it wasn't affected.
    I remember that I did try real world weather with Activesky Evolution before the flight sessions with the above aircraft and it showed rain so I turned it off so that I could fly in fine weather. Don't know if that caused it.
    I'm wondering if anyone here has had this happen, and if so, what fixed it? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Mark

I think I'd be checking the fsx.cfg file and see if anything was loaded/accepted with those legacy aircraft. If any gauges were added....delete them and restart FSX ...

If you have a controller - joystick, yoke, etc I'd run a diagnostic on those first.

Check its calibration page to see if the controller is jumping about like haywire.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

I've run into what appeared to be a similar problem. I attributed it to a problem with the magnetos but I've never been able to nail down a fix. When the aircraft went crazy did the prop disappear? I know it's not much help, sorry.

I recalibrated my joystick...no more problems. Thanks to Ganter for the helpful suggestion :-)
    My joystick is quite old, it being a Microsoft Sidewinder FF2 stick which I've had since new for many years now. It had nothing to do with the legacy aircraft, all good now.
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Here's the Fs9 legacy Helio Courier, with Steve's DX10 Fixer turned on, with a repaint skin for it that I did years ago but never released it. I'm thinking I'll redo the repaint in 2048x2048 or 4096x4096, the original repaint in 1024x1024 resolution isn't that great.

(How do I get rid of the second picture that follows after I post a picture?)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Helio Courier FSX.jpg  
    Mark

Thanks for the reminder on the Courier. I loved it in FS9 and had forgotten about after I moved to FSX. I also use Steve's fixer, so I'll have to go find Piglet's creation and give it another go!

Michael
    Dallas, TX

While on the subject of joysticks, I found myself in need of a replacement for my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. My old one had lost functionality in a couple of buttons. These things have been made for years and I was surprised to have some difficulty finding a place to buy a new one. After much searching and finding a wide range of pricing from the few places that did have them, I determined that Logitech has discontinued the production of this model. I did find and buy one, at the $30-40 price point, but i'm wondering if Logitech has something new and shiny to replace it that we have not seen yet?

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    While on the subject of joysticks, I found myself in need of a replacement for my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. My old one had lost functionality in a couple of buttons. These things have been made for years and I was surprised to have some difficulty finding a place to buy a new one. After much searching and finding a wide range of pricing from the few places that did have them, I determined that Logitech has discontinued the production of this model. I did find and buy one, at the $30-40 price point, but i'm wondering if Logitech has something new and shiny to replace it that we have not seen yet?
    I was able to find it on the Logitech website and add it to my basket for purchase;

https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/prod...42-000031.html

Unless you're going to go down the X52 Professional range (Logitech's flagship products) at upwards of $150 it still looks like Logitech's current model for us who just want a stick to go flying. It looks like a great stick and obviously time-tested so still very current.
    I'm a Thrustmaster man myself...I've got through two in just over twenty years.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Logitech U.S. site indicates "Sold Out'.

Members who have read this thread: 0