Freeware Su25 and SU39 released

Thread: Freeware Su25 and SU39 released

Freeware Su25 and SU39 released

as it says, follow the links for images and download link

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...nal-vc.448015/

unedited, The VC is pretty good (note less than 5mins of use) and the externals are reasonable

The VC appears to be a rip from the DCS SU25.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    The VC appears to be a rip from the DCS SU25.
    dunno I dont own DCS, I guess watch this space to see if the down gets pulled, for now im enjoying it

I'm pretty sure this is the DCS model. Some of the VC animations and clickspots are "interesting" but it flies well enough, and there are a good selection of models and colour schemes. Always had a soft spot for the Su-25.

Blog Entries
    I noted the throttle animation in the VC is reversed - idle is fully forward, 100% is fully back.

Most of the clickspots refer to landing light, and the flaps are always extended a notch down, even if they've been selected fully up.

Any backstory to these issues? WIP, or other situation?

Nice paint (Russian1/Bort 61), so if the small niggles get sorted and it's a legit model, it'd be a keeper.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    I noted the throttle animation in the VC is reversed - idle is fully forward, 100% is fully back.

Most of the clickspots refer to landing light, and the flaps are always extended a notch down, even if they've been selected fully up.

Nice paint (Russian1/Bort 61), so if the small niggles get sorted and it's a legit model, it'd be a keeper.

dl
    Recommend contacting the author in the FSDeveloper thread to see if they will rectify these issues. EDIT: Or through the email listed on the website: https://fsxzman.blogspot.com/
    With that being said, it does appear that the VC is from the DCS model, which causes it's own issues in terms of copyright. Also, the gauges are from seemingly anywhere and everywhere (and include a .gau file for the adf that does not work in 64-bit simulations). The developer has not responded to inquires regarding the possible DCS connection (at the very least the textures are identical, if not the 3d model of the interior).

It's not the DCS External model. DCS is finer quality. Bump maps are also wrong.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    It's not the DCS External model. DCS is finer quality. Bump maps are also wrong.
    Possibly so but this costs nothing......................
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Technically the DCS Su25 also costs nothing. It's free with the core game along with the TF-51D.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

The author got back to me following my inquiry about DCS origins and some bugs. Kind of hard to follow as English seems to be the authors second+ language, but he acknowledged that some DCS aspects were used:

“Acknowledged. It's takes some Time. as this vc model is extracted from DC's only the canopy and nothing all is my own work as main work is to animate and rigging the model and texturing it and all of this is done myself and as fsx user use the default vc of Airbus as well other default aircrafts without permission that's why we use the some part as extracted canopy only all gauges are mine work . Similar su25 is default aircraft that's why we use it some only”

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post

dl
    The throttle is reversed ! Are you sure? Do you know the Russian standards? In France, Italy, Germany until the WWII this was the standard so are metrics gauges. Did you also know that many people around the world speak something other than English (lol)!
    JMC

Yea wont be touching this one as the cockpit is ripped from DCS without original artist/company permission.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    The throttle is reversed ! Are you sure? Do you know the Russian standards? In France, Italy, Germany until the WWII this was the standard so are metrics gauges. Did you also know that many people around the world speak something other than English (lol)!
    JMC
    Lol indeed.

https://youtu.be/fhNkAuhYI2k

Go to the 1.00 mark and tell the class which way the pilot moves the throttle to begin the takeoff roll.

While you’re at it, explain who brought up metric gauges, pre-war instrument functions, and world languages, and exactly what that has to do with the points I made about this particular project. I am fluent in French, Spanish, and German; pick one of those if you think it makes a difference in how you answer.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    The throttle is reversed ! Are you sure? Do you know the Russian standards?
    Being Russian myself, I can assure you that the throttles of all Sukhoi jets work the ordinary way, i.e. idle is aft and max is forward.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    Being Russian myself, I can assure you that the throttles of all Sukhoi jets work the ordinary way, i.e. idle is aft and max is forward.

OK, thank's, but by ordinary way you mean international standard (de facto US standard). Is driving on the right side of the road the ordinary way ? I am not sure that the British agree (LOL)!

JMC

We’ll see if this continues to be available based on some of the internal origins. Have not heard further regarding bug fixes.

Members who have read this thread: 2