merge cfs1, fs2000 and cfs2

Thread: merge cfs1, fs2000 and cfs2

merge cfs1, fs2000 and cfs2

Hi you all, I remember 20 years ago having read that flying cfs1 missions in cfs2 was possible, in fact the single mission menu offers that possibility. I remember as well having read that fs2000 was able to be merged with this software (cfs2) so you can fly where ever you want with a stunning vought corsair. Now, im here trying to master 400 pages of forum with no luck. Please, can you help me? Thanks a lot.

You can flying CFS1 missions in CFS2 but they don't work well. CFS1 and FS2000 scenery can be loaded into CFS2. Not sure if someone has current-ish guide around I mess around with CFS1 scenery and it didn't look to well IMO.

Here is an old guide on getting CFS1 scenery in CFS2 I found after a quick google.
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conte...cenery-to-CFS2
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

FS2000 scenery is totally and nicely visible in CFS2, HOWEVER...It floats above the cfs2 land about 30 feet in the air. I added North American scenery to CFS2 and ended up with several plateaus with cities and airports sticking up above the surrounding farm fields. You would think you are flying around the naturally occurring plateaus in NM, CO, AZ, UT. (The Four Corners).
    Individual scenery objects, such as buildings in Europe float above the ground with no plateau supporting it. I can literally fly under them.
    As an example, I placed FS2000 Chartres_Cathedral in my CFS2 Battle of France scenery and it floats above the terrain as described.
    Give me a few minutes and I will fire it up and take a screen shot of it and post....

I have attempted to correct that, but it is a difficult task which requires one to go into the individual BGLs and correct the altitude to the CFS2 matching location.
    It is not a one size fits all fix.
    "Daunting" would be my description.

That said, ALL of my CFS2 installs use Richard's and SDC's mesh/landclass/excludes, so I have not tried FS2000 scenery in a default CFS2 install.
    In fact, I don't have a default CFS2 install......
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Here you go:
    As you can see, from a distance at altitude, 2100 feet, all looks good.
    As you get lower and closer, not so much.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cathedral_FS2000_inCFS2.jpg   Cathedral_FS2000_inCFS2_floating.jpg  
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Thanks a lot for your answers. In a review, from a spanish gaming site, i read that the Flight Model isn't accurate. After 20 years flying i'm still i love with this sim and how it flies, but I'd like to try changing some FM just to add some realism, mainly concerning to the torque effect, a bit to "soft" by default in he sim in my opinion. Do you know where to find them? Again, thanks.

Using your text editor, you can edit the flight tuning in the aircraft.cfg with a few tweaks. The text below is taken from my fav Corsair *cfg. Add/modify the lines in red to see if you get anything noticeable. The Corsair was historically notorious for monstrous torque on roll and required a lot of rudder trim and input on powered rollouts, so modding the rudder effectiveness will be required if you increase the torque_on_roll.

[flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar = 0.500
    parasite_drag_scalar = 1.180
    induced_drag_scalar = 0.3400
    elevator_effectiveness = 3.4880
    aileron_effectiveness = 3.4885
    rudder_effectiveness = 15.250
    pitch_stability = 1.601
    roll_stability = 1.500
    yaw_stability = 1.520
    elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.016
    aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.016
    rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.016
    p_factor_on_yaw = 0.2
    torque_on_roll = 2.0
    gyro_precession_on_yaw = 0.3
    gyro_precession_on_pitch = 0.3

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Library Staff
    Hi D'Ace,

I have FS2000 scenery installed for areas outside the CFS2 world. Scenery objects on the coast usually don't have the floating problem.

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New York.jpg  

kdriver,

NICE!!

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Thanks for your answers. I will start testing in 2 days, and will post the results. My sincere congratulations for keeping this game alive.

Members who have read this thread: 1