Control flutter issue

Thread: Control flutter issue

Control flutter issue

I have one aircraft that will NOT stop a catastrophic aileron flutter problem. It's the wonderful Potez 62 (http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_fs2004.html). Beautifully modeled aircraft that I really like. Usually, if this problem occurs in an aircraft I can solve it by substituting an airfile from a similar type plane but not in this case. If I stop force feed back through settings the issue stops.

Is there anything in the airfile that I might adjust to remedy this? Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Steve
    Last edited by stoney; July 11th, 2020 at 15:27.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

SOH-CM-2023
    Just downloaded & a quick flip. have dived to 298 KIAS & no instability, or flutter observed. Do not have a force feed back stick.
    Overspeed warning came on as expected at 208 KIAS.
    So sorry dont know the answer.
    Keith

Thanks Dev One, well, worked okay for you then it must be some issue with my stick I guess. Weird.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Sounds to, for whatever that's worth, like a force-feedback setting. Since it stops when you disable the FF settings, that points me to one, or more, of the settings under that heading. I don't have a FF joystick, so I can't test the various settings to help, but SOMEthing in there is it.

Good luck to you!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thanks PhantomTweak. As an experiment, I did delete, (after backing up) the entire FF entry in the aircraft cfg to check that might be the issue, but the problem remained!? Is there another area that controls the aircrafts feed back?

The settings for the control forces FF can be found in section 320 of the airfile - entries 11 to 16.

I seem to recall having this issue with some FMs I did for FS9 (with an MS SW FF 2), but can't recall how, or if I did eventually fix them!

(I've never had this issue in FSX btw).

Cheers

Paul

Thank you Brad, I didn't know that. I'll give it a try.

Members who have read this thread: 0