AI Flight Plans

Thread: AI Flight Plans

AI Flight Plans

Hi all,

So, a couple of months ago I was playing around with AIFP, and succeeded in making an AI aircraft take off, and land.
    But now, I can`t get this to work anymore. I have downloaded an AI B17G from MAIW, and use AIFP to create a flightplan

When I go to the airport, the plane stands there, but it never starts to taxi..I know it has got something to do with the minimum parking radius
    which I have changed to a smaller value, but that does not work..

I hope someone can help me out

Thanks

Have you opened up the ADE file and check'd the links from the taxi to the runway, The plane is showing up, so im guessing the traffic file is ok, so the problem may be with the airport

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Have you opened up the ADE file and check'd the links from the taxi to the runway, The plane is showing up, so im guessing the traffic file is ok, so the problem may be with the airport
    Thanks!

I have used the default Stansted scenery for testing, and it worked before.

Do the lights switch on and the engines start? I'm sort of guessing here, but it seems that if the plane doesn't start up, the problem might be with either the plane or with the times in the traffic file, and if it does startup but doesn't move, the problem is more likely in the airport.

Since the plane was released as an AI aircraft and others haven't mentioned a problem with it, the plane is probably OK.

You could check the airport by loading it into AFCAD or ADE9X and running the Fault Finder. That would pick up anything like an unconnected parking spot or a missing or closed taxi path.

As for the traffic file, if the plane appears but doesn't start up and fly, might it be in the times in the flight plan file - so maybe you're just not going to the airport at the time the plane is scheduled to fly. For example, the flight plan is in GMT but maybe you're at the airport at that clock time but in your local time zone???

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Do the lights switch on and the engines start? I'm sort of guessing here, but it seems that if the plane doesn't start up, the problem might be with either the plane or with the times in the traffic file, and if it does startup but doesn't move, the problem is more likely in the airport.

Since the plane was released as an AI aircraft and others haven't mentioned a problem with it, the plane is probably OK.

You could check the airport by loading it into AFCAD or ADE9X and running the Fault Finder. That would pick up anything like an unconnected parking spot or a missing or closed taxi path.

As for the traffic file, if the plane appears but doesn't start up and fly, might it be in the times in the flight plan file - so maybe you're just not going to the airport at the time the plane is scheduled to fly. For example, the flight plan is in GMT but maybe you're at the airport at that clock time but in your local time zone???
    Thanks!

I have managed to get the AI planes to taxi and take off. It somehow has to do with the month/season. I have made a flightplan from Molesworth to Reims, to fly by B17. When I load the flight in July, nothing happens, but when I start the flight during winter, suddenly it worked. So, do you know how to get the AI to work during every month?

Thanks!

I really don`t understand what I am doing wrong. I was now trying to make a flight, using the AI Tu95, from MAIW, from Murmansk to Poznan.
    So I used AFCAD, to see if everything was okay at Murmansk, and no errors where found.

I then used AIFP to set up the flight, but now the TU95 does not even show up. When I made a flightplan starting from an airfield in England, the TU95 did show up..

I think I am not getting the date/season thing...

Which settings do you guys use, regarding standard/summer time, and such

Thanks!

Its a problem ive had a few time's, as i live in the UK, my sim is set to GMT, ive never quite understood how my sim know's as ive never set it when i installed.
    Take for example the Burma scenery ive just uploaded, i set my Ai to fly at around 9 am local time and then i look at how it is in GMT, usually around 1 in the morning, and thats how i write my traffic, It looks abit wrong when i write it down, ai movements at 1 in the morning, but fire up the sim, and my Aircraft is ready to fly after breakfast and in daylight

Interesting this gents, thanks for that nugget of info Ian, useful.

By the sounds of it H, re-writing the plan allowing for BST settings will do it.

We are 1hr behind Europe.....(why in this modern day and age, I'll never know?!!). This year it was the 29th March, clocks went forward 1hr, and will be 25th Oct when clocks go back 1hr, same as yourselves I think.

There was talk of scrapping Summer Time in Europe in 2021, which I hope (I know we're 'coming out') we would follow...makes much better sense.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Hageneezz View Post
    Thanks!
    I have managed to get the AI planes to taxi and take off. It somehow has to do with the month/season. I have made a flightplan from Molesworth to Reims, to fly by B17. When I load the flight in July, nothing happens, but when I start the flight during winter, suddenly it worked. So, do you know how to get the AI to work during every month?
    Thanks!
    Well, you're doing something right if they taxi and take off. As for times, if you use Traffic Tools, all your flight plans will be in GMT regardless of your local time, so you'll need to account for that difference if you're airport is in a different time zone.

As for the seasons - I have only one possible clue - daylight savings time. That could throw your times off by an hour, depending on where your airport is. When you don't see a plane getting ready for takeoff when you expect it, try checking one hour earlier or later. If you don't see the plane at all, maybe it took off an hour ago and it's gone flying.

Members who have read this thread: 0