Keroman re-visited

Thread: Keroman re-visited

Keroman re-visited

And, asking for a little help.

I finally figured out my problem, with the groundplane shimmering! Just a simple little .xdp entry I missed. It's now rock solid.

Considering releasing a beta on it. Now to my problem...the virus I had got to my Excel, so my Excel doesn't work. Excel is needed to open/edit the global_layer. The two entries for Keroman, are in my copy of the global_layer. Looked all across my files, for those entries, but can't find anything.

So, if anyone is willing to look in my global_layer (that I'm going to attach), and look up those entries for me.
    I would have to include those entries, for anyone to correctly install Keroman.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If I remember right...why two entries...one is at sea level, the other is two meters up, for the seawall surface, where the bunkers sit.

Thanks!

port,uboat_bunker,lorient,N47*43'10.8415,W3*21'54. 5999,0,2.00E+00,Lorient,lort344,,,,,,,,,N47*42'59. 9999,W3*21'59.9998,0,no
    port,lorient,Keroman,N47*43'10.8415,W3*21'54.5999, 0,-1.34E-05,Lorient,lort345,,,,,,,,,N47*42'59.9999,W3*21'59 .9998,0,no

They're highly likely these. Not sure how CFS3 likes the altitude numbers that Excel has butchered, they'll need some attention before release.

And actually you don't need Excel for opening it. I use Notepad which works just fine, looks awkward though, and as a bonus it doesn't do the number formatting change as has happened in this case.

Perfect!

Thanks, greycap! Greatly appreciate it!

Notepad, huh...thought I already tried that...I'll try again.

Keroman shows up fine, in my install. I stopped working on it, until I could figure out the problem. There's enough there, for a good target, 3 bunkers, rail cars, some various buildings. I'll upload 'updates' for it, every so often, first one to change the groundplane texture.

I use PSPad editor to open XML files or similar, it's a really good tool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Just uploaded

So, as long as I did things right, and gets approved...

Here's a peek...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails keroman.jpg  

While at it, wonder if anyone has ideas they can toss my way.

Also have a facility file, I made, named Festung Lorient, that places 15, or so, flak units around Keroman. Info says Festung Lorient had 75 flak units, around the area. Just those 15, some four gun stations, are killer enough!
    Anyway, question would be, is it possible to add that into Global_layer. I don't have the central coords for the facility, to make the entry.
    Some of those flak placements, are on 'fingers of land', so the file would have to be accurate. Any ideas, what I should look at?

Thanks!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Your quite welcome!

On the Festung Lorient thing (groan), problem is I made the file via the mission builder. Coords locate everything, instead of meters locations from the facility center.

IF I can get a good screenshot, over the entire area, in spot view, I can put that into the gmax file. Rescale it to Keroman, and then I think I can accurately locate the flak units, radar, and so on.

Be a bunch of dang work! What the heck. Any interest...in not making it out alive??

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by crossram View Post
    While at it, wonder if anyone has ideas they can toss my way.

Also have a facility file, I made, named Festung Lorient, that places 15, or so, flak units around Keroman. Info says Festung Lorient had 75 flak units, around the area. Just those 15, some four gun stations, are killer enough!
    Anyway, question would be, is it possible to add that into Global_layer. I don't have the central coords for the facility, to make the entry.
    Some of those flak placements, are on 'fingers of land', so the file would have to be accurate. Any ideas, what I should look at?
    Hi Crossram,

you could always site some of the AA facilities individually. By the way have you seen Airfighter 55s lovely 88mm flak setups? A couple of versions. Available in the vehicle downloads here at SOH. My placement of small facilities such as invasion defences is fairly primitive. I fly over the desired location in QC, and not the lat/lon coordinates which I then put into the global_layer.csv.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Crossram,

you could always site some of the AA facilities individually. By the way have you seen Airfighter 55s lovely 88mm flak setups? A couple of versions. Available in the vehicle downloads here at SOH. My placement of small facilities such as invasion defences is fairly primitive. I fly over the desired location in QC, and not the lat/lon coordinates which I then put into the global_layer.csv.
    Thanks, Daiwilletti! Okay, I'll have a look.

Fraid I'm a bit on the details side. Quite a while back, since I didn't think much about the stock 88 guns, I made my own. Much more detailed...and I used it, to build around 8 various multi gun flak units, going by drawings of the flak units they used. Some with two guns, but most with four. The same types used at Festung Lorient.

The locations of those flak units, cover an area probably ten times the area of Keroman, covering all approches. Took a lot of research, but found useable info, to place them. Some of them, gotta be accurate, or they'll be in the drink!

Maybe, one of these days, I'll upload some of them.

Any comments, complaints, etc. about Keroman?? I know it's kinda bare right now, but I won't add to it, unless I think it's accurate.

No comments?

Well, I'll make some.

Still won't show, like I want it to. Had to do more thinking. Then, it hit me.

In one of the files, the 'groundplane' is a odd size, not 2x2. Have to wonder if that could be part of the problem.
    Going to re-look my gmax facility files over, and see if I can revise the groundplane. It's a odd sized area, and was trying not to cover up any of Lorient.

Dang! My head hurts!

Members who have read this thread: 1